CyReN

AGL Closes Down & Statement

Similar things happened over here to us in Europe that has happened here with AGL. Sorry to hear this boys.

EGL didn't pay out their winners 9+months after the event was finished. They announced an event two weeks before a competitor was having their event which gave the EU community a grand total of three weeks (if I remember correctly) to decide which event they were going to. Then when the event had a week to go they cancelled the Halo tournament because the hall wasn't big enough for us and CoD. Despite teams buying tickets and sorting travel and accommodation their decision still went ahead. Luckily there wasn't a lot of teams attending so it didn't hit everyone.

All I can say is that for us Insomnia was that other home for competitive Halo. If it wasn't for them we'd have no where to go. I hope somebody or something pulls through for you. These times are hard enough as it is for Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 4

The robot has spoken.

I fucking hate what AGL is doing. I was actually going down to Indiana next weekend to visit college and was considering playing in the Halo 3 FFA just to say I competed in a Halo tournament. Fuck this though, AGL really just screwed over a lot of people, which is really unfortunate. This was the last major tournament for Halo, and just as Halo has been for the last few years, it's end is completely underwhelming.

And that's sad.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is unfuckingbelivable....... Just when I was getting back into it.. Please MLG! FUCKING PLEASE!

• Upvote (+1) 1

CoachMayne is like the CBoAT of the Beyond forums. (in case you don't know CBOAT is the heralded prophet of NeoGAF and he fortells of many magical things.)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Except MLG already has a contract with ghosts as its, here's the key words, EXCLUSIVE SHOOTER.

If Activision OK's a Halo event, then its fine. 

Also, it might be the exclusive shooter for main season championships. 

If they have a small arena or something, I wouldn't be surprised if that could be a loophole.

If Activision OK's a Halo event, then its fine. 

Also, it might be the exclusive shooter for main season championships. 

If they have a small arena or something, I wouldn't be surprised if that could be a loophole.

Yes, why wouldn't MLG, a multi-million dollar business, invest in running a tournament with a game with less than 15k population less than a year after being out.

I don't understand how people don't get this.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Except MLG already has a contract with ghosts as its, here's the key words, EXCLUSIVE SHOOTER.

I don't think anyone expects MLG to pick up Halo 3. It would definitely be Halo 3. I doubt Sundance has any interest in running an H4 event where nobody notable would show. If anything happens (and its a big if), it would probably be a one time throwback type event. That said, there seems to be someone affiliated with Gamers for Giving looking to do something. Gandhi also seems to be up to something...I guess we will see.

https://twitter.com/ZachWigal/statuses/393948844846612480

29za59f.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes, why wouldn't MLG, a multi-million dollar business, invest in running a tournament with a game with less than 15k population less than a year after being out.

I don't understand how people don't get this.

Halo 3 =/= Halo 4.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Still not enough proven data of how many would watch. They'd make more money doing a MW3 throwback tourney. Or a Super smash throwback.

They're a business. Not a charity

• Upvote (+1) 1