CyReN

AGL Closes Down & Statement

Well look at this way. Brad is hoping, and when I say hoping I mean not happening, to have 32 teams attend the event. So lets say that gives him 3.2k. He still at that point needs 6.8k. This mind you if everything else is paid for. We are talking the cost the venue (not going to be cheap), and Ghost and Shockwave I imagine are not doing this for free (even if it is just flight and hotel, that is a few hundred dollars). With this he needs probably 8k+ in sponsor money? What company is going to pay 8 grand for a tournament that at best has 128 people attending (32x4 again there won't be 34 teams) and a stream viewership of what 3k people max? It is unfathomable to think companies would be willing to put that much out.   

The show this did last week had 600 viewers, this week 150. This might get maybe 5 more teams, maybe. This will be the last AGL event. 

The show this did last week had 600 viewers, this week 150. This might get maybe 5 more teams, maybe. This will be the last AGL event. 

It won't even get 5 teams. The $100 price reduction only equates to a $25 saving per person. The real costs come with flight and hotel.

Snipedown is going to AGL 10 with 2gre, roy and FiS

Ola and legit aren't going

Formal is gonna go (90% sure) and has a surprise squad (I'm guessing heinz, lethul and enable)

Well look at this way. Brad is hoping, and when I say hoping I mean not happening, to have 32 teams attend the event. So lets say that gives him 3.2k. He still at that point needs 6.8k. This mind you if everything else is paid for. We are talking the cost the venue (not going to be cheap), and Ghost and Shockwave I imagine are not doing this for free (even if it is just flight and hotel, that is a few hundred dollars). With this he needs probably 8k+ in sponsor money? What company is going to pay 8 grand for a tournament that at best has 128 people attending (32x4 again there won't be 34 teams) and a stream viewership of what 3k people max? It is unfathomable to think companies would be willing to put that much out.   

No, I don't think you get it, Brad announced a few weeks before that that was already a guaranteed 10k prize payout for H3, and any team passes that were sold for H3/H4 would go towards the H4 prize pool.

Unless this 10k from sponsor/s have dropped out that I haven't heard of, I don't know, because honestly I'm not paying attention to this event as it doesn't seem very big but that's what I heard.  

Formal is gonna go (90% sure) and has a surprise squad (I'm guessing heinz, lethul and enable)

Sauce?

I do not believe this is the case. The fact is there are very few Halo 3 teams, and even fewer h4 teams. If all the money from the passes went to h4 and say there were 20 h3 teams and 5 h4 teams, then that means 5 teams would be competing for 2.5k, that does not seam realistic. 

No, I don't think you get it, Brad announced a few weeks before that that was already a guaranteed 10k prize payout for H3, and any team passes that were sold for H3/H4 would go towards the H4 prize pool.

Unless this 10k from sponsor/s have dropped out that I haven't heard of, I don't know, because honestly I'm not paying attention to this event as it doesn't seem very big but that's what I heard.

Sauce?

Ogre 2 said it in his stream yesterday

I do not believe this is the case. The fact is there are very few Halo 3 teams, and even fewer h4 teams. If all the money from the passes went to h4 and say there were 20 h3 teams and 5 h4 teams, then that means 5 teams would be competing for 2.5k, that does not seam realistic. 

I'm not talking about team pass money. Brad said a few weeks back that there was 10k provided by a sponsor/s that would be going towards the H3 portion, nothing to do with how many teams are showing up.

Could be APG, lethul and enable.. Formal said in that gandhi interview if he wasn't teaming with ambush, he'd want APG

If coach says it, then it is official. GG NO RE AGL #Dad

brad said it on the stream.  last AGL halo event.  it looks like they are getting developer support from HiRez Studios, the creators of SMITE. 

If this is truly the last AGL event then I guess theres no more competitive Halo till Halo 5. A combination of AGL not paying out, Ricochet in v5, and pros just not wanting to compete for small prize pools are the reasons

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ogre 2 said it in his stream yesterday

Ola and Legit not going as well.. :(

Easy win for 2gre's team, then. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

If this is truly the last AGL event then I guess theres no more competitive Halo till Halo 5. A combination of AGL not paying out, Ricochet in v5, and pros just not wanting to compete for small prize pools are the reasons

but the players did get paid back.  according to mikwen and chig

from my understanding, MLG used to take 3 months to payout to.  now they do it instantly

but the players did get paid back.  according to mikwen and chig

from my understanding, MLG used to take 3 months to payout to.  now they do it instantly

Well this is news to me and I am sure a lot of other people. 

Well this is news to me and I am sure a lot of other people. 

I can confirm that MLG did take a few months to pay out, but they always paid out. Not sure how it is now though, I know UMG paid players right at the event recently.

If Ambush is not going with their regular roster... Easy win for 2gre's team.

Did ola and legit give reason to why they aren't going? 

I think a lot of people are underestimating SQ Classic and Dynasty.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If Ambush is not going with their regular roster... Easy win for 2gre's team.

Did ola and legit give reason to why they aren't going? 

Ola just made 75k and Halo is dead. He probably wants to start his life. And that probably made Legit not want to go because they aren't getting a guaranteed 1st or 2nd anymore without him

• Upvote (+1) 2

so whats going to happen.  this might be the last halo agl event.  what other events will be there for halo next year until h5 comes out...............

so whats going to happen.  this might be the last halo agl event.  what other events will be there for halo next year until h5 comes out...............

Spoiler- Halo is dead