CyReN

AGL Closes Down & Statement

I would really like to see Requiem, Ambush, Infamous and Status Quo compete in Halo 4 for AGL 10 just so we can have some semblance of a 4v4 national champion for 2013.

Requiem aren't a team, Ninja isn't going so they picked up Flamesword and are going as SQ.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ninjas scared to get embarrassed by Formal in h3 so he went to CoD where he has even less of a chance at $$ :o

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

I would really like to see Requiem, Ambush, Infamous and Status Quo compete in Halo 4 for AGL 10 just so we can have some semblance of a 4v4 national champion for 2013.

Agreed I would just like an ending to this whole H4 fiasco

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ogre 2 was never the best player in halo 3

You guys are either blinded by this "GOAT" thing or have very short term memory

Especially not in 2009 with those putrid placings

I wouldn't say 2gre was the best player in H3. Probably would be Ola imo, but there's no way you can say 2gre isn't the best Halo player ever. 2gre has more event wins than anyone else, in any game, in MLG history.

As it will appear on the AGL site if they survive past this season.

Halo 4 Events

Chicago-Ambush

New Jersey-Faded

Nashville-Ambush

Pittsburg-Misfits

Knoxville-Ambush

Knoxville***-Reqiuem
Atlanta-Ambush

Indianapolis-Cryptic :kappa:

***National Championship?

13 v 5

Halo 3 will be amazing to watch all those older team get back at it

Halo 4 might be fun but I have to say more people want to see H3 (Not that I needed to say that)

I see Status Quo making a run for the money. Going to be interesting to see what og2 brings though.

I see Status Quo making a run for the money. Going to be interesting to see what og2 brings though.

What moneyz?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why isn't Ninja going?

Why would he? There is no point going to an event which takes multiple months to payout. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why would he? There is no point going to an event which takes multiple months to payout.

Umm it may be annoying not getting payed all at once but in my experience any extra money is good money(Not that I don't think the way AGL has done their players is right)

Umm it may be annoying not getting payed all at once but in my experience any extra money is good money(Not that I don't think the way AGL has done their players is right)

Eh. It's not worth the money to go there (plane tickets, hotel and travel costs) to not even guarantee any money winnings, combine that with the fact if you do win something, it takes months to get it, it isn't worth it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

It is not "extra" money when you are spending money to fly there, purchase a team pass, hotel, and food, for a chance to possibly make it back and then some. If you don't get paid at all then you lose all the money from traveling.

I haven't followed up with AGL that much.. things sure have changed over the last few events. Has anyone heard what they plan to do after AGL 10?

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results.

That's why Ninja isn't going, he's not insane.

• Upvote (+1) 2

under 10! AGL10 is going to be such a fucking trainwreck! Can't wait

but we're back tho #h3 :kappa:

I'm just excited to watch and play H3 regardless the turnout. Should still be more entertaining than an H4 event.

So wait let me get this right, Brad lowered to team pass to $100 for Halo 3. Ignoring sponsors that means 100 teams would have to show up just to cover the prize pool of $10,000. The whole no one needs to worry statement makes me lol because that is why people go to events! Peoples goal is to win, so they get money, so everyone interested in going should be informed. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

So wait let me get this right, Brad lowered to team pass to $100 for Halo 3. Ignoring sponsors that means 100 teams would have to show up just to cover the prize pool of $10,000. The whole no one needs to worry statement makes me lol because that is why people go to events! Peoples goal is to win, so they get money, so everyone interested in going should be informed. 

What happened to the guaranteed 10k minimum payout for H3? I didn't watch Inside AGL.

What happened to the guaranteed 10k minimum payout for H3? I didn't watch Inside AGL.

He is saying it is still 10k, which is simply not possible.

Also he states "we don't know how many teams, the website is messed up." Ugh... you don't see the money in your paypal to see how many passes you sold. It would be safe to say 1 pass equals 1 team.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

He is saying it is still 10k, which is simply not possible.

How's it not possible? I thought the guaranteed 10k was from sponsors.

How's it not possible? I thought the guaranteed 10k was from sponsors.

Well look at this way. Brad is hoping, and when I say hoping I mean not happening, to have 32 teams attend the event. So lets say that gives him 3.2k. He still at that point needs 6.8k. This mind you if everything else is paid for. We are talking the cost the venue (not going to be cheap), and Ghost and Shockwave I imagine are not doing this for free (even if it is just flight and hotel, that is a few hundred dollars). With this he needs probably 8k+ in sponsor money? What company is going to pay 8 grand for a tournament that at best has 128 people attending (32x4 again there won't be 34 teams) and a stream viewership of what 3k people max? It is unfathomable to think companies would be willing to put that much out.   

• Upvote (+1) 2