CyReN

AGL Closes Down & Statement

I didn't expect a very large team turn out. AGL should have held a separate H3 tourney AFTER AGL 10. Would have had a better turnout and given people more time to practice and such. But what do I know right?

Most likely because they don't have enough money for another tournament. This is probably going to be the last one.

• Upvote (+1) 1

time to save halo again  :kappa:

halos been dead since reach came out

halos been dead since reach came out

Halo doesn't die, it's just missing in my xbox.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Will 343 put the usual Halo 4-Agl Menu pop up ad for this agl? What are they gonna say "Tune in to see the best 3 Halo 4 teams in the world!"

Will 343 put the usual Halo 4-Agl Menu pop up ad for this agl? What are they gonna say "Tune in to see the best 3 Halo 4 teams in the world!"

"Tune in to watch the Halo 4 tournament and the tournament for the game that preceded Halo 4!"

• Upvote (+1) 1

They didn't do it for AGL9.  Why are even 13 teams going? have you seen the top 5 seeds? GG 

People are actually going to play Halo 4 in Indy?

Lol

Going to play Halo 3? 

Lol

Epic change to Halo 3 that brings 13 teams... G_G

There could be 10 fucking teams and it's still going to be amazing to watch purely because of the top 6 teams. If I was an AM team and didn't live in or near Indianapolis, I wouldn't spend any money getting out there with a 90% chance of not making Top 4. 

Passes sold are important, but from a spectator POV, it doesn't matter how many teams there are. 

I had more fun last night watching Ogre 2's stream than I did watching any other Halo 4 tournament.  I'm excited.  

But Team Grownups is still a stupid name.

B)

• Upvote (+1) 3

Why did teams that weren't top 4 go to the past couple of agl tourneys?

Doesn't matter, no one gets paid anyway. So why are people continuing to go?

• Upvote (+1) 7

Can't believe people are actually going to this, no matter what game is played. 

lol

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

So basically AGL is dad even with Halo 3 unless and until they make good on the money they owe. People I'm sure would love to go to H3 tournaments again but not if it means giving their money to a league that doesn't make good on it's promises. Hopefully they pay up so people feel more confident handing their money to AGL.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why did teams that weren't top 4 go to the past couple of agl tourneys?

I was asking myself the same question.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ola is the goat of 360 Halo. I am still one of the people who feel that Ogre2 has been over rated for a long time.  Yes, he was incredibly talented at Halo CE and Halo2.  However, once you receive that level of "star power", your teammate options become much easier to get a solid squad.  It's happened time and time again, that new players that are talented at the current game will pick up older "legends" and assume they are in top form or just to be privileged to team with them.  With that said, I feel as if Ogre2 will not live up to all his fan's expectations.

Dumbest thing ever. Ogre 2 was the best H3 player mid 2009 and Top 3 in 2010. Also, he's really never been an F/A waiting to get picked up based on rep. There's a reason why the dude is on every single GOAT team for every Halo game, be it Reach (dat godsquad), H3, H2, or CE.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Dumbest thing ever. Ogre 2 was the best H3 player mid 2009 and Top 3 in 2010. Also, he's really never been an F/A waiting to get picked up based on rep. There's a reason why the dude is on every single GOAT team for every Halo game, be it Reach (dat godsquad), H3, H2, or CE.

I have honestly never heard anybody say Ogre 2 was the best H3 player in mid09.  In fact, he didn't do anything in 09 in terms of placings...It's not like Ola doesn't get on the best teams too.....

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ogre 2  over rated ? 

Lol, that is like saying " Phil Jackson is Over- rated" ( Even though Phil was a coach and Tom was a player, they shared one thing in common, being the masterminds behind everything)

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ogre 2 was never the best H3 player nor was he ever top 3

Roy, snipedown, legit, hysteria, neighbor, ola, tizoxic, fearitself were all better than him at halo 3. And thats just the top of my head

• Upvote (+1) 3

I have honestly never heard anybody say Ogre 2 was the best H3 player in mid09.  In fact, he didn't do anything in 09 in terms of placings...It's not like Ola doesn't get on the best teams too.....

Except Ola was the biggest statwhore back in 09. Hysteria was the best player of the season, and both he and Heinz were better players than Ola. Pistola did not become the best player until he moved to Final Boss. He ran away with it post-2010.

Ogre 2 had his worst year in placings in 09, true. But evaluating his performances, early-mid season he was the best player. Let's not forget that they were one betrayal-cross-map sticky nade away on VicX from beating TD. FB put up the best performances against TD that season despite being a makeshift team that didn't LAN. They were also the only ones to actually come close to beating BTH at Nationals, with a squad that had Sypher and was formed a week prior to the even.

Bxrz: Pls. Not going to bother adressing you.

Ogre 2 was never the best player in halo 3

You guys are either blinded by this "GOAT" thing or have very short term memory

Especially not in 2009 with those putrid placings

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ogre 2 was never the best H3 player nor was he ever top 3

Roy, snipedown, legit, hysteria, neighbor, ola, tizoxic, fearitself were all better than him at halo 3. And thats just the top of my head

YEAH RIGHT BRO LOL

• Upvote (+1) 4