CyReN

AGL Closes Down & Statement

This is incredible. If you've only played Halo 4 and Reach you might not recognize names like M5 Nightmare and Talent but I do...and it's fucking exhilarating.

Don't trust anything Aurora says, kid made a fake girlfriend on the forums back in 09.

Also lies about being an "old pro" and talks about how he used to have thousands of points. He's an attention whore.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Don't trust anything Aurora says, kid made a fake girlfriend on the forums back in 09.

Also lies about being an "old pro" and talks about how he used to have thousands of points. He's an attention whore.

So does Clipen = Aurora? Or am I missing something? 

So does Clipen = Aurora? Or am I missing something? 

Aurora made the original post saying he was teaming with M5 Nightmare and Talent

Same tbh. He's fairly well off. not exactly in the "Mikwen" situation. He has sponsorships and is really the only Halo streamer who makes a living off streaming. Even if he was going to attend knowing that if he won money, he probably wouldn't see it for months,he should have gone anyway seeing as this could be a one off H3 event.

I would have liked to see him compete since he's more seasoned on LAN than he was a few years ago. He is better off not going because he would only be playing for fun and bragging rights. It's also a Halloween weekend, I think he'd rather be somewhere else, if you know what I'm saying.

If there is one thing I ask AGL to do for this tournament is make sure that the crowd reactions are audible.

I was watching this video: 

Having the crowd noise coming through the stream will double the excitement and how pumped people get. I hated watching the UK events because someone would get a nasty overkill and all you could hear was the player talking shit.

They would be godmode if there were bleachers. Hopefully there are a decent number of spectators at the event that have loud voices. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just wanted to drop a line in here and say that I am not casting AGL 10. I will be in London for the BF4 Showdown.

I was never directly asked by Brad to cast the event.

Also, sQ vs Ambush for the finals! 

;D

Now it's just Ghost and Valen. Puckett save us pls.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If there is one thing I ask AGL to do for this tournament is make sure that the crowd reactions are audible.

I was watching this video: 

Having the crowd noise coming through the stream will double the excitement and how pumped people get. I hated watching the UK events because someone would get a nasty overkill and all you could hear was the player talking shit.

They would be godmode if there were bleachers. Hopefully there are a decent number of spectators at the event that have loud voices. 

AGL imo should pay a little more attention to detail like this

Maybe throw in some pre-game/post-game interviews to get more personal views on the tournament

Classic example: Walshy shit talking on mainstage 

Now it's just Ghost and Valen. Puckett save us pls.

I wish Brad would take his fuckin head out of his ass and offer to fly a Ghost and another proper commentator out there. If Valen/Brad/Black is casting I won't be watching. THAT is saying something. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

AGL imo should pay a little more attention to detail like this

Maybe throw in some pre-game/post-game interviews to get more personal views on the tournament

Classic example: Walshy shit talking on mainstage 

It frustrates me because they make so many amateur mistakes. All easily fixable that would massively increase the quality of the show. They're getting better but I'm anticipating a huge number of fuck ups due to the event getting squeezed out. 

Just wanted to drop a line in here and say that I am not casting AGL 10. I will be in London for the BF4 Showdown.

I was never directly asked by Brad to cast the event.

Also, sQ vs Ambush for the finals! 

;D

So Gandhi, Maven and GoldenBoy are not casting AGL 10..... The horse represents Halo =fuck-this-shit.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

Brad:

Saucey, Ghostayame, Walshy. Please fly two (minimum) of them out there or your viewership will be FUCKED, and I mean that sincerely as I want to see this event be successful. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Round of applause for Mr. Brad Weir Everyone, everyone.

Slow down dude, it's not his fault Gandhi and Maven are somewhere else and Goldenboy is in London. Sure he could've offered to fly them out there but it's not realistic. There is a line between bashing unnecessarily and constructively criticizing. 

Slow down dude, it's not his fault Gandhi and Maven are somewhere else and Goldenboy is in London. Sure he could've offered to fly them out there but it's not realistic. There is a line between bashing unnecessarily and constructively criticizing.

Agreed, we need more constructive criticism than unnecessary bashing. That way we might guarantee good outcomes instead of creating an avoidable conflict.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm not a fan at all of this man, I feel like he makes all the wrong decisions when it comes to our only competitive league, he's had plenty of chances to redeem himself and turn his bad image around but fails to act in these instances, or acts at the last minute w/ little worry. I'm not bashing, that wasn't even close to bashing, he is just not the messiah of competitive halo... and is a constant disappointment to players/viewers like me.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Agreed, we need more constructive criticism than unnecessary bashing. That way we might guarantee good outcomes instead of creating an avoidable conflict.

I think i acciedently neg repped you my friend. im on my phone. ill plus rep you twice when i get home
  • Upvote (+1) 2

It would've been different if Goldenboy/Gandhi/Maven had been free and Brad had refused to fly them out. They are not available regardless, so Brad has no control over it. 

I'm not a fan at all of this man, I feel like he makes all the wrong decisions when it comes to our only competitive league, he's had plenty of chances to redeem himself and turn his bad image around but fails to act in these instances, or acts at the last minute w/ little worry. I'm not bashing, that wasn't even close to bashing, he is just not the messiah of competitive halo... and is a constant disappointment to players/viewers like me.

No shit he isn't the messiah. I could do a better job as "CEO" of AGL. But I'm not, Brad is. It's always easy to slate people because they fuck shit up; something Brad is seen to do often. BUT. It is not easy to run events. Think about the scale of getting all the gear, moving and setting it up, making sure there are discs that work and have the right DLC, setting up stations, cameras, mics, making sure that the stream setup is working and accurate, collecting colour/event specific graphics, operating the stream. It's not easy.

I have stopped slating Brad because quite honestly, I feel sorry for him. I don't think he has much education in Economics, Finance or Business, nor does he have marketing experience. Shit, I bet he wouldn't even know how to get capital investment even if he wanted to. He isn't an experienced event organiser yet, nor is he qualified to do so; but we still get events to watch that are pretty good considering. He is tackling this whole project without a qualified team, without any real business architecture and AGL are doing pretty well given the circumstances.

By all means, let Brad know when he does something wrong, it's not an easy ride and shouldn't be, being a entrepreneur . But at least explain WHY what he is doing is stupid. I'm sick of seeing comments like "You don't know anything about business" "Are you ********?" "Do you even marketing, bro?". They are not going to help him and AGL learn from their mistakes.

If I see one comment like "They shouldn't be running events without this experience", I'll fucking get permabanned for how much abuse I unleash on whoever posts it.  

They have a long way to go, but I sense you're WAY too spoilt by watching MLG events or developer events who have money to throw at this stuff. If we didn't have AGL, we'd be FULLY DAD. You're dissapoined? Don't watch then. Wait 5 years until they actually learn what to do. 

• Upvote (+1) 9