Sign in to follow this  
Ghidorah14

The playlist is called Infinity Slayer, and yet...

...2 out of 3 of the map and gametype choices are usually Slayer Pro.

Am I'm missing something here? Who decided this was a good idea? Is it not enough that Pro settings already have 2 whole playlists to work with? Do we honestly need to intergrate them into other playlists as well? If I wanted to play Pro settings, I'd play Throwdown or Legendary. I play Infinity because I want to play Infinity. I know, crazy right?

So does anyone know what the deal is, or just have an opinion on this? I'm just really getting tired of Slayer Pro Simplex (my least favorite gametype on my least favorite map) getting voted for over and over again.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 31

...2 out of 3 of the map and gametype choices are usually Slayer Pro.

Am I'm missing something here? Who decided this was a good idea? Is it not enough that Pro settings already have 2 whole playlists to work with? Do we honestly need to intergrate them into other playlists as well? If I wanted to play Pro settings, I'd play Throwdown or Legendary. I play Infinity because I want to play Infinity. I know, crazy right?

So does anyone know what the deal is, or just have an opinion on this? I'm just really getting tired of Slayer Pro Simplex (my least favorite gametype on my least favorite map) getting voted for over and over again.

Slayer Pro is better than Fiesta Slayer (Infinity Slayer) even as a casual experience. They introduced Slayer pro gametypes due to community feedback so obviously the general consensus was that default Infinity Slayer sucks. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

There's no regular team slayer playlist without ordinance (LS doesn't count you can only spawn with an AR) so the option is there.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Slayer Pro is better than Fiesta Slayer (Infinity Slayer) even as a casual experience. They introduced Slayer pro gametypes due to community feedback so obviously the general consensus was that default Infinity Slayer sucks. 

Then it should be able to stay in it's own playlists, shouldnt it? Why does it need to siphon off players from a "lesser" gametype if it's so damn good?

The point isnt which gametype is better, or which one "caters to less-skilled players" (ugh). The point is that if I want to play Infinity, I want to play Infinity, not Pro. It doesnt need to be there.

OP is right.

It isn't a matter of which gametype is 'better', it's a matter of settings in the playlist not matching the namesake. It's not often I want to play Infinity settings, but when I do? It's pretty stupid that I'll be playing something other than INFINITY SLAYER in a playlist called INFINITY SLAYER. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I made a thread on waypoint saying that they need to change the playlist name to Team Slayer.

Agreed. 343 really needs to start decreasing playlists.

Agreed. 343 really needs to start decreasing playlists.

well It's not decreasing playlists, just rename the playlist. Just make it Team Slayer so ppl dont expect only Infinity slayer

Then it should be able to stay in it's own playlists, shouldnt it? Why does it need to siphon off players from a "lesser" gametype if it's so damn good?

The point isnt which gametype is better, or which one "caters to less-skilled players" (ugh). The point is that if I want to play Infinity, I want to play Infinity, not Pro. It doesnt need to be there.

Not my fault 343 haven't changed the name of the playlist to Team Slayer.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Infinity Slayer shouldn't have ever existed if you ask me. But 343 long ago should have renamed the playlist Team Slayer.

Wouldnt that have just made people angrier?

"THIS IS NOT TEAM SLAYER!"

Also, that part that you said about Pro settings having two whole playlists is bogus. Neither of the two you named are on Pro settings,

True, they still use radar, but for the most part, Pro settings would be far more appropriate in those playlists. It would help separate the casual Infinity gametype from the competitive ones.

and if we're going to use this logic, how many playlists use variations of your horrible Infinity settings?

"My" horrible Infinity settings? lol.

Well as far as I can tell, there are only big team, slayer, doubles, FFA and CTF.

5 out of 17 playlists (with two of them once being dedicated playlists) have 1 infinity gametype listed among others. If people want a non-infinity slayer gametype, there's Throwdown and Legendary.

It used to be that if you could also play the Slayer Pro playlist, but apparently that wasnt doing well enough to justify a playlist. So I guess Pro settings arent that popuar afterall. Makes me wonder why we have them on an infinity playlist...

Point is, Pro and Infinity do not belong in the same playlist. Now you could say "well infinity doesnt belong in this playlist or that playlist." And to that I say, you're right. It doesnt belong there. But I dont make the decisions at 343, now do I? (inb4 "thank god for that") Dont act like it's my fault the mean old infinity gametype has "infected" other playlists.

So much hate.

I'm amazed people are -rep. my posts when I didnt even say anything outwardly offensive. Jeez. XD

While you are entitled to your opinion, Throwdown, Legendary, and Slayer Pro are NOT the same thing. Throwdown is the competitive playlist. BR starts, armor abilities through ordnance, no radar, slayer, ctf, and extraction gametypes. Legendary is the classic playlist. AR starts, no armor abilities at all, radar, weapon drops on map (not ordnance). Slayer Pro has all precision rifle starts (for the DMR/LR/Carbine users), no armor abilities, no radar, and ordnance weapon drops. Slayer Pro in H4 is a misnomer because it is NOT the settings the pros use.

There is always one voting option for each Infinity Slayer and Slayer Pro, the third slot is a toss up between the two.

There is always one voting option for each Infinity Slayer and Slayer Pro, the third slot is a toss up between the two.

Thats what I thought, but I just played in a lobby with 3 Infinity Slayer options lol oddly enough. maybe they changed something

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wouldnt that have just made people angrier?

"THIS IS NOT TEAM SLAYER!"

Well it is Team Slayer...you slay in a team against another team to win. lol Unless I'm missing something here.

Infinity slayer / Slayer Pro = Team Slayer.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Hopefully they're finally cutting some playlist.

Or maybe 343i is working on Halo 5's multi player and this is a test to see which is voted for the most. Possibly having some affect on H5's multi player.

Infinity slayer is so annoying, invisible snipers, jet packers ruining the whole dynamic of the game. Instant respawn, random personal ordnances that give you auto headshot snipers aka beam riffle. I just wish the infinity slayer would be just like throwdown slayer but with radar for the less competitive players. That would make my day, throwdown is awesome if you have a team of 4, and I can't stand the current infinity playlist cause of every thing I listed above

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

How would you feel if they renamed Infinity Slayer to Team Slayer and did this to it:

Infinity Slayer - Slot 1

Slayer Pro/Legendary - Slot 2

Random - Slot 3

I am curious, what don't you like about the Pro settings?

I like having radar and loadouts.

How would you feel if they renamed Infinity Slayer to Team Slayer and did this to it:

Infinity Slayer - Slot 1

Slayer Pro/Legendary - Slot 2

Random - Slot 3

Seems like a fine idea to me.

EDIT: Oh nice, -13 rep. for saying Pro shouldnt be in Infinity playlists. I'm starting to get the feeling people here just dont like me. =P

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Seems like a fine idea to me.

EDIT: Oh nice, -13 rep. for saying Pro shouldnt be in Infinity playlists. I'm starting to get the feeling people here just dont like me. =P

I personally like Slayer Pro with preset loadouts and no radar. However, even before they implemented Slayer Pro into IS, I posted on Halowaypoint that having a no radar gametype in Infinity Slayer would just further alienate parts of the community. Even back in Halo 3, I don't think Team Slayer had a no radar gametype. The more casual playlists should have radar.

Having IS as the first slot seems like a fair compromise. That way if 4/8 people want to play IS, then they get to play it. It won't matter as much for people who like Slayer Pro because I find it is picked more frequently as the CSR ranks increase.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It really is amazing that they still have yet to come out with a slayer gametype without ordinance and AA's but with radar. Just make legendary BR starts.  

Radar= yes

Ordinance, armor abilities=no

you have a valid argument. If they simply turned on radar (preferably 25m for 4v4) like they did for Big Team Slayer, and called it Team Slayer. You probably would have no issue with these "pro" Setting any more as you would still have five loadout choices.

As far as the Loadouts, do you like having custom Loadouts, or 5 set loadouts with a magnum secondary? Or do you like the idea of legendary BRs and having automatic secondaries? Ie

BR/Ar

DMR/AR

Car/Sr

LR/Sup