Sign in to follow this  
Moa

Halo 2 PC not closing down... yet

NO ONE ELSE SHOULD TWEET ABOUT H2V IN EARLY 2014, IF WE'RE LUCKY 343 WILL FORGET THAT IT EXISTS, SO THEY WON'T SHUT DOWN THE SERVERS.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

NO ONE ELSE SHOULD TWEET ABOUT H2V IN EARLY 2014, IF WE'RE LUCKY 343 WILL FORGET THAT IT EXISTS, SO THEY WON'T SHUT DOWN THE SERVERS.

nah dude, that's not how it works.  We should continue to tweet so that they know we care.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Meh.

Custom Edition is better, and it's servers are hosted independent of Microsoft so it won't be taken offline for the foreseeable future. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

nah dude, that's not how it works.  We should continue to tweet so that they know we care.

But they'll still see that the population is really low if we remind them about it, so they might not think enough people care regardless of being tweeted.

Our best bet is hoping that by not tweeting them, they won't remember that they were supposed to shut it down. lol

• Downvote (-1) 1

But they'll still see that the population is really low if we remind them about it, so they might not think enough people care regardless of being tweeted.

Our best bet is hoping that by not tweeting them, they won't remember that they were supposed to shut it down. lol

no.  microsoft / 343 are not idiots.  They know that halo 2 vista exists, and they know that they are paying to keep the servers up.

• Downvote (-1) 1

no.  microsoft / 343 are not idiots.  They know that halo 2 vista exists, and they know that they are paying to keep the servers up.

lol I'm not actually being serious XD

Tweeting them that you want them to keep it online is a good idea. I don't know if they'll listen though. :(

The can't honestly be paying much to run these servers though, so why do they keep telling us they're going to shut them down? I betcha the upkeep of these servers does not exceed $1,000 a month.

The can't honestly be paying much to run these servers though, so why do they keep telling us they're going to shut them down? I betcha the upkeep of these servers does not exceed $1,000 a month.

What's $1,000 to them anyways? Pocket change? Probably less!

What's $1,000 to them anyways? Pocket change? Probably less!

Hey, just a quick tip, read the date a topic was posted before making a new post. This topic is over four months old :P

For anyone who is curious, there is no new news on the Halo 2 PC front.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Really nice i started playing Halo 2 Vista 1 week ago and i really recommend everyone that played Halo 2 in 2004-2007 if you haven't you should really check it out.

Not everyone is good i see, there are still some bad players (casual players) that play Team Tanks or Swat, or something called Hog Wars.

Anyway just check it out !

• Downvote (-1) 1

h2v is really fun even though 90% of the servers are empty, 5% is middy/lock FFA and 5% Team Tanks Fiesta on Coag/district

Halo 2 PC getting updated in 2014! NICE. I don't do PC gaming, so I'm wondering, what is there to update on H2 PC?

EDIT: Whoops. Read the tweet again. They would UPDATE us on the situation about the servers. Whoops. My bad.