Sign in to follow this  
Mechonis

Head To Head Playlist

61 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a head to head playlist in Halo 5?

• Yes
    • No

Is this a playlist you'd like to see make its return in Halo 5?

I think if Halo 5 has some sort of leader board/divisions similar to StarCraft it would make this playlist really thrive.

Feel free to post your thoughts.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Is this a playlist you'd like to see make its return in Halo 5?

I think if Halo 5 has some sort of leader board/divisions similar to StarCraft it would make this playlist really thrive.

Feel free to post your thoughts.

Sorry I don't know what head to head is :( Could you tell me?

Sorry I don't know what head to head is :( Could you tell me?

1v1. A playlist that made a short appearance in Halo 2 before getting dropped because of everyone glitching to win. Lolz.

I loved Head to Head back in the day, I'd love to see it not riddled with standbying and superbounces. Only if Halo 5's meta game is interesting enough to make 1v1 fun again though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I voted no. I remember playing H2H when H2 first dropped and it was awful.

People would get 1-2 kill lead and spend the rest of the game hiding or running. It was no fun, combine that with the cheaters and it was unbearable.

If they could add some element to keep people moving, then it might work.

• Upvote (+1) 1

With Dedicated Servers I think Head 2 Head would be an awesome playlist. So long as their are good small maps for it, and no radar.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If they make the footsteps quiet in H5, then sure. 1v1's are unbearable in H4. Plus the maps, if the maps are suited for 1v1s in H5 then sure. None of H4 maps are good for 1v1s. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Only if they use forge maps that are too small to hide on. 

This. a 1 v 1 in theory would be great, I've always wanted one.

But some of the people you run into online would just make it hell. 

Played doubles the other day where the other team got like a 3-2 lead and just started jumping off on haven to win. 

Luckily we killed them once or twice and then they had no idea how to play.

1v1. A playlist that made a short appearance in Halo 2 before getting dropped because of everyone glitching to win. Lolz.

I loved Head to Head back in the day, I'd love to see it not riddled with standbying and superbounces. Only if Halo 5's meta game is interesting enough to make 1v1 fun again though.

What do you mean glitching to win? Btw I would love to see that come into the next game as a ranked playlist with similar settings to the team slayer game types in the competitive playlist.

What do you mean glitching to win? Btw I would love to see that come into the next game as a ranked playlist with similar settings to the team slayer game types in the competitive playlist.

People would get one kill and then do a super bounce or find some hidden area that required a glitch to get to. 

People would get one kill and then do a super bounce or find some hidden area that required a glitch to get to.

That about sums it up right there. You knew going in it could happen.

lol that must have been horrible, but I doubt that will be an issue in Halo 5 if they decide to implement it.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I voted no. I remember playing H2H when H2 first dropped and it was awful.

People would get 1-2 kill lead and spend the rest of the game hiding or running. It was no fun, combine that with the cheaters and it was unbearable.

If they could add some element to keep people moving, then it might work.

like powerweapons?

1v1s are fucking awesome.   You just have to have good small maps to play them in.

like powerweapons?

1v1s are fucking awesome. You just have to have good small maps to play them in.

Doesn't stop people from getting one kill and hiding with power weapons.

Doesn't stop people from getting one kill and hiding with power weapons.

..... and then the other person just waits for a different powerweapon.   But as I said, you really just need good small maps that hiding isn't even viable in.

..... and then the other person just waits for a different powerweapon. But as I said, you really just need good small maps that hiding isn't even viable in.

There would be no point because the guy is hiding with a shotgun or rockets in red or blue base on beaver creek. Or in pink with sword on midship. Shotgun or rocket spawn on ascension if they didn't super bounce to the top with sniper. lockout you stayed either BR tower or snipe tower with shotty/snipe either way you had height advantage where you could see everything. Was it shotgun on warlock where you just camped the bases?

Point is it doesn't work online. Warlock worked at MLG events but I believe they turned the settings to rifle only on maps.

You people.  It's a remake of onslaught just for a smaller 1v1, of course it's going to have fucking "onslaught" in the name and look like onslaught.  I for one think the map looks sick for a 1v1.