Sign in to follow this  
aKG

Halo 5 Team Competitive Playlist

This playlist is like the one mentioned by Gandhi on his Halo 5 wishlist. My main proposal would be to consider making it a best of 5 series and not just 1 game. This would make full games extremely long for an fps but think about it for a second. Not a single game in the competitive scene besides COD lasts so short in the competitive playlist. League of Legends, Starcraft 2, Dota 2 and CS:GO.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Maybe have a Team Scrimmage playlist aswell? Where teams have to play a bo3/bo5/b07, their choice. Not all players want to play that many games, things come up irl etc.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'd actually really like to see this adopted for Halo 5's premiere competitive playlist or, like what was suggested above, a separate one called 'Team Scrimmage'. I think a Best of Three would be better, for time's sake. But it would just provide an initial veto/vote screen, you play the game, and then get forced into another veto/vote screen, with the previous played gametype obviously not available.

I don't think any competitive title currently features a "best of" playlist like this.

This is an awesome idea! If the Halo community continues to grow and develop hopefully this can become a reality. To be honest though I would just be extremely happy if Halo had social and competitive playlists again. 

It would make the game very unbearable once someone quit out. Halo 4 didn't fall off because of its competitive style compared to others, it just wasn't a very good game originally.

How bout stop making more fucking playlists because segregated populations = gay

Back to basics:

Team Slayer

Team Objective

BTB

SWAT

Snipers

Doubles

Head to Head

Throwdown

THAT'S IT

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

How bout stop making more fucking playlists because segregated populations = gay

No need to get hostile. This playlist will obviously be H5's version of TTD if they implemented something like this.

On a separate note, there should be a vote by the losing team to forfeit the series in between games AND a harsh penalty for quitting out mid game. The last thing you would want is a team having to play short handed for multiple games yet not wanting to quit.

First round It should not let you vote on game types it should give you a CTF map then second round loser gets to vote on one of two slayer maps if it goes to game three then another obj(Koth ball Ext) on a map no vote. After game 3 if it was a good series the teams can choose to stay for a bo5 then bof 7 9 or 11 but after each game if someone has to go there team quits and gets a penalty and a loss 

Maybe make it so only To4s can search so there would be less quitting. Also adding a forfeit button for the party leader, or possibly a voting option for teams.

There absolutely cannot be a default slayer, "pro" slayer, and "pro" slayer with series option, unless we want playlists with zero population.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yeah no I like being able to ditch bad teammates after 1 game, and having a 5 game series will just make it terrible for anyone other than teams of 4.

Furthermore, if it's basically for teams of 4 only than why not just do custom game scrims?  Perhaps there should be a way for players to search for customs instead? That would knock out many birds with one stone.

Perhaps there should be a way for players to search for customs instead? That would knock out many birds with one stone.

Imagine? :gandhi:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I like the idea I just foresee many quitters. The customs searching would be nice, so long as it would give you a list of available lobbies... tho that could be one long list. I just would like to pick and choose a lobby rather than auto join one realize its not what I want back out of it and try again only to rejoin the one I just left.

Back to basics:

Team Slayer

Team Objective

BTB

SWAT

Snipers

Doubles

Head to Head

Throwdown

THAT'S IT

What about the casuals who love Infection/Grifball etc? And where is FFA?

@OP bo5 series would be so long. And what about the quitters / JiP? It would be awful joining in progress when your team is down 0-2...

Implement a temporary playlist ban for 4-8 hours for quitters.

It's what Counter Strike does and no one quits. If for some reason a player leaves, they have a 2-3 minute window to rejoin the game without being penalized.

I'm not sure how the ability to rejoin games in Halo would work, but that option doesn't have to be included.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Back to basics:

Team Slayer

Team Objective

BTB

SWAT

Snipers

Doubles

Head to Head

Throwdown

THAT'S IT

You need an FFA, otherwise that looks pretty solid.

And I suppose there will inevitably be a Zombies & Grifball playlist, which for Grifball I can understand because they have tournaments and such but Zombies doesn't need a playlist imo.

No no no, we don't want to limit playlists. we had 100k population, with limited to 11 playlists and having rotational playlist. so you had team snipers which had 10k, then they rotated it out for a month, and then 10k left halo 4. lol they took out team slayer pro for like 2 months, and that niche community left. they took out oddball and KOTH playlists for awhile, those players left. team throwndown took 3 months i think, a lot of ppl werent patient enough so left, team doubles took months too so those ppl left.

You cant just ignore the flood and grifball players either, having those playlists doesnt affect other playlists. Those are "niche" playlists, its not segregating anyone, flood players arent going to suddenly start playing throwdown lol

How bout you give players all the playlists they want on release, and after 3 months when numbers start to dwindle you can cut playlists if the population drops below 1000. if its still above 1000, those are 1k players that are still playing halo, so give them what they want

Don't worry about segregation when you have 400k on first day, you can worry about it later when population actually becomes a problem