RyanW

Should future DLC be like the Champions Bundle?

Instead of just 3 maps for 800 MSPs/$10 they add a little bit more for your money just like in the Champions Bundle. 

-Emblems
-Armor
-Armor Skins
-Stances
-Weapon Skins
-Armor mods(debatable because I don't like the idea of in game items for some and not others through purchase)
-Easy access to a new gametype(Everyone has the gametype but the DLC you just bought has a map specifically built for that gametype)
-Future titles maybe even add armor effects and voice overs like in Reach

Of course you would be able to buy everything separately. The maps by themselves would be 480 MSPs which would be $6 USD. That could be $2 USD for each map. The individual Weapon Skins and Armor Skins Pack can range from 8 MSPs($1 USD) to 240 MSPs($3 USD).

But of course it might end up being cheaper to buy the bundle and get even more out of it. It could add more incentive to buy the DLC.

• Upvote (+1) 1

All the little bonuses from the Champions bundle are nice, but I also like having 3 maps.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I like the format they used for this one. The only change I would like to see are 3 maps + the extra cosmetic stuff instead of 2 maps.

• Upvote (+1) 3

For 800 msp or $10 imo I think you should get either 3 maps with bonus items(emblems,armor,etc) or 4 maps.

• Upvote (+1) 1

2 maps, 1 gametype, 3 armour variants - nothing else.  Too many maps means they'll probably be lower quality.  Anyway, the armour mods are going to be for everyone, but the DLC gives you early access..

I'm just going to buy the maps. I'll get the gametype for free later and I don't give a damn about the arrangement of pixels on my Spartan.

I don't care what the future DLCs are as long as I can get the maps and gameplay-relevant stuff without the extra BS.

I say are games last 2 years we need 4 Dlcs All have 4 maps 2 Btb 2 4v4.

First Dlc nostalgia is important 1 remake of a 4v4 map midship,guardian,zeolot something from a past and a new 4v4 and 2 btb maps

Second 2 4v4 2 Btb and a new game type

Third remake a btb map and a new btb with two 4v4 maps

Fourth No remakes new game types 2 4v4 maps 2 Btb maps 

• Downvote (-1) 1

To get the armor you should need to get the maps but you can get the maps be them selves for cheaper 

And the playlists should be Dlc required but non ranked FFa and team slayer

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

maps are useless as dlc, you can create almost any map in forge, the pit is a good example.

bungie/343i should've scrapped the whole map pack idea with reach, instead they've been putting even more time and effort into it which IMO is easily one of the biggest problems with halo right now and until they put more attention into more substantive dlc ala SP/forge/FF/etc. halo will just get worse and worse.

the champions bundle isn't ideal by any means but it at least shows that 343i are willing to change what content they provide, which to me is a GOOD thing for halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What I would like to see is map packs put up for sale with numerous additional things like the emblems, skins, etc.

Then release the maps for free at some point down the road and make them required.

That way, the people that want the maps right away can get them and get all kinds of extras with them.  Plus, they have a guarantee that the maps will eventually be fully integrated into matchmaking playlists.

We're getting to the point that people aren't purchasing the map packs simply because they know they won't be able to play them in matchmaking.  I believe that guaranteeing that the maps will eventually be free and be implemented into matchmaking will actually increase the number of people willing to pay for them.  All of the so called 'extras' are actually what people would be paying for, along with advance access to the maps.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd really like to see some emblems return that they took out for no reason. Maybe through in the CQB helmet too ;)

To get the armor you should need to get the maps but you can get the maps be them selves for cheaper 

And the playlists should be Dlc required but non ranked FFa and team slayer

My bad on the down rep, I have fat fingers... But I agree with you :D

My bad on the down rep, I have fat fingers... But I agree with you :D

Evened him for you :P

maps are useless as dlc, you can create almost any map in forge, the pit is a good example.

bungie/343i should've scrapped the whole map pack idea with reach, instead they've been putting even more time and effort into it which IMO is easily one of the biggest problems with halo right now and until they put more attention into more substantive dlc ala SP/forge/FF/etc. halo will just get worse and worse.

the champions bundle isn't ideal by any means but it at least shows that 343i are willing to change what content they provide, which to me is a GOOD thing for halo.

Would you rather play a forged pit or the new one coming out?

I'm extremely excited for the Champions Bundle DLC and I do hope the DLC after it will be similar. Also I really hope that 343 will start adding some forge maps to matchmaking after the Global Championship. There are some epic maps that deserve to be added!

Would you rather play a forged pit or the new one coming out?

would I rather pay 800 MSP for it or why I would I rather get the exact same map for free? you know my answer.

• Upvote (+1) 1

would I rather pay 800 MSP for it or why I would I rather get the exact same map for free? you know my answer.

Still, there's a much different feel from a forge map to a disc map. Think about the forged lockouts, pits, and narrows compared to the disc ones we've had.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Instead of just 3 maps for 800 MSPs/$10 they add a little bit more for your money just like in the Champions Bundle. 

-Emblems

-Armor

-Armor Skins

-Stances

-Weapon Skins

-Armor mods(debatable because I don't like the idea of in game items for some and not others through purchase)

-Easy access to a new gametype(Everyone has the gametype but the DLC you just bought has a map specifically built for that gametype)

-Future titles maybe even add armor effects and voice overs like in Reach

Of course you would be able to buy everything separately. The maps by themselves would be 480 MSPs which would be $6 USD. That could be $2 USD for each map. The individual Weapon Skins and Armor Skins Pack can range from 8 MSPs($1 USD) to 240 MSPs($3 USD).

But of course it might end up being cheaper to buy the bundle and get even more out of it. It could add more incentive to buy the DLC.

Honestly Ill take maps over aesthetic content. I could careless and would be very disappointed if I had to pay into something that gives me less (imo) from past experience.