GH057ayame

Restore Your Faith In Halo.

With respect to your work and that of 343 in the what we consider the right direction, I appreciate all that you and 343 have done to make changes. 

That said, asking me to restore my faith in Halo is not as simple as asking me to switch the channel on my TV. Having a desire and thirst to play Halo is something that died out with the launch of Halo 3. I don't feel the same about Halo that I used to, and though changes have been made, Halo for me is a game that I used to love to play day in and day out. Asking me to restore faith in Halo when Halo is no longer Halo in my eyes is not possible to me. 

I considered not posting because my post may not be the most positive, but I felt it necessary to at least state my opinion so that my small opinion may at least be considered. I have nothing further to say on this matter, and would ask that anyone reading this post please respect that and do not quote me and argue one way or the other. 

i will never play another halo game with sprint in it. Maybe thats just me but i cant get over the frustration it causes.

I wonder what would have happened if Counter Strike added sprint. Man that really would have drawn in the CoD kiddies.

Theres only one fps game ive ever liked sprint in and thats Rainbow Six Vegas 2. And that is only because you could sprint directly left and right to strafe with it, and there was no delay between sprinting and shooting.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I love Halo way too much for my own good. I'll probably take this love to the grave, as pathetic as that sounds, we all have our favorite past-times. =P

With that said, I'll probably remain faithful to what Halo has been since the beginning.  :quinn:  :goldenboy:  :bravo:

I  have no reason to have faith in 343i. The game is still not enjoyable, the looks of a weapon and nostalgia seems to be more important that competitive merit, sprint is still in Team Throwdown, descoping still exists. 

I remember when they said they would look into giving us the option to drop the flag. That's been forgotten. Everytime they domething right, they do 2 wrongs. That new map pack and that AA shows us that they are still catering to the casuals. Yeah they listen and help out the competitive community, but the core isn't there. 

Unless 343i tells us they are giving us what we want to hear i have no reason to keep spending money on this franchise. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Your signature makes me want to cry Bx.

Remember the marketing they used to sell Halo 4? "Feels like Halo." "Competitive Fast paced multiplayer." I really thought this game would learn from Reach. Unfortunately I cannot let go of such great memories that I have had in Halo 2 and 3 unlike almost all of my old Halo friends who have moved on. Those memories are things that keep me hoping for Halo to return to the slightest bit of its former glory days. 

It's all bullshit marketing schemes to get us to buy the game on launch day.  After they have our money in their pockets, they really don't give a shit about what we think about the game.

It's all bullshit marketing schemes to get us to buy the game on launch day.  After they have our money in their pockets, they really don't give a shit about what we think about the game.

So all that stuff about new playlists, weapon tuning, and whatnot was just a bunch of BS then?

=/

• Downvote (-1) 2

Definitely more negatives than positives.

Not even going to have faith for this halo or even the next one anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Definitely more negatives than positives.

Not even going to have faith for this halo or even the next one anymore.

Make a list of negatives that is longer than Ghost's.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Sprint

No Descope

no ranks in-game(that CSR bullshit does not count)

loadouts

AAs are still in loadouts

you can't drop the flag

you can throw the ball

BR still has spread. The buff made the spread worse, they should have reduced the spread. When playing Halo 3 talking about What Halo 4 should have(this was before Halo:Reach) one the things i asked for and i'm sure many others asked for, was a BR with little to no spread, preferably none.

Haven and Abandon are the only maps i really enjoy

Forge is still grey(okay it's not grey, but there's no colour pallets).

They took out so many game types for some random reason instead of leaving them in. There's no VIP or vampire or juggernaut anymore, it's fucked.

Least amount of customization in any Halo. It's very limited.

There is a ton of bullet magnetism in the game

Aim assist is still high

They let you spawn with a shotgun(bolt shot)

The playlists are a mess

That new AA where you automatically get ejected from your vehicle before you explode shows me they still don't know what they're doing.

Personal ordinance

They removed custom

They removed camo as a power up(even though they know the competitive community uses custom and camo for power ups)

I don't see how Team Throwdown is a positive when Since Halo 2, the hardcore competitive fans have always had a playlsit for them. I mean it's not a negative, but i don't know how you could include that like 343i is hooking it up.

I'm not sure if my list is longer, but there are still a ton of negatives in this game, can't just forget them cause 343i did a couple of things.

• Upvote (+1) 7

i will never play another halo game with sprint in it. Maybe thats just me but i cant get over the frustration it causes.

I wonder what would have happened if Counter Strike added sprint. Man that really would have drawn in the CoD kiddies.

Theres only one fps game ive ever liked sprint in and thats Rainbow Six Vegas 2. And that is only because you could sprint directly left and right to strafe with it, and there was no delay between sprinting and shooting.

RB6 Vegas was trash compared to the RS trilogy, if you want to talk about completely bastardizing a shooter look no further than GoW set in the RB6 universe aka Vegas. Its even worse than H4 how it entirely misses the point of the series.

Getting what we want from 343 is like pulling teeth from a wet cat...

"Action sack please!"

"Have fun playing infinity fiesta!"

"8v8 CTF please!"

"Have fun playing 6v6 oddball!"

"Classic playlist please!"

"Have fun with AR only starts!"

sure they eventually fixed this stuff and complied after months of complaining... After we had already been speaking out for months before that. Developer support is when you ask for something and the developer trusts that you mean what you say. But 343 still think they know what's best and we really don't know what we are asking for.

"No sprint please!"

"..."

I'm sorry but all 343 has proved to me is that Halo 5 will be exactly what they think we should want, and not what we have been asking for. Sure maybe after it has been out for 6 months they will bregunging make it playable, but from what I've seen 343 doesn't trust us so I'm not trusting them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

AboveInfinity, on 12 Aug 2013 - 02:15 AM, said:

This is a list/rant of mine copied from the waypoint forums. The context might seem a little weird - that's because this was from a discussion about LS and about the game's launch. A lot of the things I listed still apply now (although things like 5sk BRs are obviously no longer relevant).

Sorry to be that guy..

"Maybe they sold their Xbox / didn't buy Live / gave away their copy of the game because it came out with inconsistent 5sk BRs, no descope, default sprint, no classic playlist (which we were promised), personal ordnance (aka CoD kill streaks), perks ripped out of CoD (and standard abilities like picking up grenades on the map turned into perks), the Beam Rifle, Binary Rifle, Incineration Cannon, Scattershot aka slot machine, terrible spawns in Matchmaking (Abandon beach and gold? Haven open and closed ramps? Solace towers? really? What's the point of making symmetrical maps if the spawns are asymmetrical and unbalanced? Less map metagame because all of the lines of sight, jumps, objective setups, etc are mirrored?), customizable loadouts that required that everything inside be nerfed like crazy (can't even kill somebody with sticky by their feet from full shields anymore), no firefight, Forge v1.9 with continued framerate issues, inability to make Forge maps support split screen, blocks chamfered and with holes everywhere in them, awful lag, broken dynamic lighting (ahem Erosion), no zoom or precision edit, pieces that were missnapped to the coordinate grid, discoloration / pieces rotating when off host, inability to forge in water, killzones everywhere, no remotely flat terrain, no good rocks (they removed the arch, the most useful one), removal of purple FX, removal of the custom powerup, broken forge camera that often throws monitors across the map (and those maps are huge), useless Carbines with 1.99999 kills/clip, DMRs with 2.999 kills/clip, one player theater (down from 4), missing / broken custom games options everywhere (can't turn off overshields in Last Stand in Dominion for example), NEEDING LEVELS TO UNLOCK WEAPONS, Promethean Vision (the new Armor Lock), Camo loadout and no powerup, no UNSC flying vehicle, no ranks at all (we don't even have real in-game ranks yet), half of the armor abilities looking the same when placed on map, broken Flood gametypes where everything has to be on Ordnance (even assault rifles) and you can't change Flood weapons, medals for nothing (distraction? comeback kill?), imbalanced starting weapons (DMR/Boltshot at launch), loud footsteps (on some 1v1/2v2 maps you can hear people walk from across the map), some disc maps have framerate lag (Complex lags without even being on splitscreen), tons of crates everywhere for no good reason on the default maps that couldn't be taken away (crates everywhere on Adrift around bottom mid, on Solace EVERYWHERE, on Abandon by beach), inability to disable ball throwing in Oddball (when you're about to die, just throw the ball across the map to your spawning teammates - broken way of keeping the oddball), inability to search Matchmaking by location so players in countries without a huge Halo-playing population are punished lag-wise, a spawn system that puts more weight on teammates than enemies (you can spawn by your teammates even if they're in a close range fight), too much ammo in Ordnance (12 bullet flinch snipers??!?!??!?!!), poorly balanced maps like Complex where one strategy (camp the top of the high building) prevails, broken default King of the Hill (counts down only when players are in it, you can stall the game to win by camping in places with LoS to the hill with DMRs), no flag dropping in CTF, no Assault, no Stockpile, no Headhunter, no Juggernaut, no Race, no VIP, no Territories, and no 1 Flag or Neutral Flag CTF."

^That's just MP/Forge stuff because of the context (launch problems, whereas Ghost is talking about improvements. I posted this because you asked for a list of negatives rather than a list of things 343 has changed post-launch for the worse). In terms of length, it looks a lot shorter than Ghost's because it's a paragraph. I'll let anybody who feels like reading weigh the effects of the points on each list on the community.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Thats the way we decide if 343 has done a good job?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ghost himself made a list of everything wrong with modern Halo and presented it to 343. He mentioned it on one of the early Beyond shows. Ask him which was longer.

But it is feedback like Ghost gave that is helping bring these positive changes to Halo 4 and hopefully Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I appreciate what ghost has done, but this is the worse halo game to date.

Its hard to keep faith in a series that has gotten worse as the games kept coming.

Ghost himself made a list of everything wrong with modern Halo and presented it to 343. He mentioned it on one of the early Beyond shows. .

Link plz.

Curious to hear a man's discrepancies with modern halo that thinks halo 3 is a better competitive title than halo 2.

Link plz.

Curious to hear a man's discrepancies with modern halo that thinks halo 3 is a better competitive title than halo 2.

It was one of the early Beyond First Strike shows. I dont have time to listen to hours of old podcasts. but you can, many of them are quite good. He didn't get into the details of said list. He just mentioned it on the podcast regarding things he would like to see improved in halo 4.

You can't be this naive. This game has more negatives than positives...since day 1 and since the updates/patches. Yes they fixed some issues, but some are still there. If modded settings have us all excited (you included) the game definitely has more negatives than positives.

Now regarding this thread

Till we get a halo game that plays GREAT out the box, with the right features implemented we will continue to feel the way we do. I'm not going to give my self false hope or put on a facade because 343 fixed some things that should have been in the game since day 1. They changed my beloved Halo to play like another franchise and i will be forever upset about it till halo 5 comes out and plays like real halo. I'm not going to start praising 343 and halo 4 because of some list, sorry...because i will set myself up for another few years of being miserable when Halo 5 drops and it's similar to halo 4. With that said, I play this game almost everyday because I love Halo, however it's been customs with modded settings instead of matchmaking. I literally get disgusted thinking about switching from modded settings to matchmaking. If these mods never popped up I would probably play this game a lot less.

Hopefully 343 learned their lesson...I really hope they do. It's the only way this game and community will grow. We won't grow by being a bunch of teletubbies all happy n shit, that does not fix issues with the game. Ppl left the series because of the game, not because someone on a forum left negative feedback on halo. We have the right to post feedback on the game we love, whether it's negative or positive. The amount of negatives we saw and complained about is why we have the game we have today. We as a community fixed the rifles, we fixed the X, we fixed the lack of ranks, we fixed the lack of a competitive playlist, we fixed OS, we fixed the 5 sec spawn timer for Slayer, we fixed the boltshot, we fixed the lack of a classic playlist and everything 343 tweaked or added to the game. We "complained" about all these things that were missing or wrong with the game and they had no choice but to update/patch/add/tweak them or risk losing more players. The community isn't a lot smaller because of the different views on settings, attitude, feedback...none of that. If that was the case the community would have been smaller during every halo game, because we as ppl have different opinions, but that never effected how much of us played and enjoyed halo 1-3, it's when the game started changing too much that we lost players. It was and has never been the communities fault for population numbers or the games popularity.

Now imagine if no one complained and everyone left positive feedback on halo 4  :lol: so the next time someone says "sprint/descope/maps/ranks/etc sucks" or "sprint/descope/maps/ranks/etc is detrimental to the game"...salute that man, because he may be the reason why the next update or the next game will offer a much better experience.

We hoped for Halo Reach to continue the tradition of halo 1-3 (while being a better game than 3) and only v7 offered that experience. We hoped for Halo 4 to be a greater game out the box than Reach without making a bunch of different settings and tweaks to alienate different communities, that didn't happen. Now we hyope for halo 5 to do what halo 4 should have done. I hope we don't have to make a list two years from now.

343, it's all on you.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Good job moving things in a positive direction.  I quit Halo when Reach came out.  Checked in when H4 came out and gave up on it quickly.  Picking up Halo again because the new settings and gametypes are a lot more fun, but it too bad it took so long.  Everyone already quit and there's no one to play with.  Hopefully H5 will have a strong start and people will come back.

He didn't get into the details of said list.

Then there's no point.

Ghost, I am curious to hear the settings designer's discrepancies with modern halo. The fact that you think h3 is a better competitive title than h2 has me worried.

Then there's no point.

Ghost, I am curious to hear the settings designer's discrepancies with modern halo. The fact that you think h3 is a better competitive title than h2 has me worried.

When did he say that? Ghost had always posted that H1 was his favorite game.