GH057ayame

Restore Your Faith In Halo.

I just wanna see some gameplay trailer ASAP so I can either decide to get hyped or leave Halo completely and not waste my time waiting until launch.

Everyone will hype the shit out of halo 5 even I we see game breaking mechanics in a reveal trailer, just like the first time we saw footage from halo 4; everyone looked past sprint and got super stoked simply because the BR was in the trailer- claiming it to have no spread. Fools!

Huh?

He was definitely asked if he wanted no sprit for throwdown and he turned it down. I remember his explanation on twitter being something like "just trust me, when were ready for no sprint ill get on it" once some people found out that he turned down the offer.

If 343 has offered it to him before, I have doubts that they aren't able to give him a gametype with no sprint. My theory is that he wants to stay as close to default as possible, but the only explanation for keeping sprint that I saw from him was 'Just trust me.'

Go watch one of the more recent First Strike episodes where Ghost explains in detail what really happened with the Sprint/no Sprint discussion.

The time when he said "Just trust me" was way back in like April/May I believe, after a screenshot from a Twitch chat was taken out of context.

He only turned down the hypothetical NS because, as I said, the playlist and competitive community had no ground to stand on and he didn't want to further separate us from the rest of the game.

He's been asking 343 for a NS gametype for the last few months but hasn't yet received one. He didn't plan for 343 to not give them the gametype now that we've built up more of a community.

Everyone will hype the shit out of halo 5 even I we see game breaking mechanics in a reveal trailer, just like the first time we saw footage from halo 4; everyone looked past sprint and got super stoked simply because the BR was in the trailer- claiming it to have no spread. Fools!

Yes, people will hype it up, just like every other Halo game but if I see Sprint or no Descope or anything else that shouldn't be there (we've given 343 enough feedback), then I can safely say, "I'm out", for good. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Most of the time this happens because that member of the forum starts spouting their opinion like fact

I'm pretty sure it's more along the lines of members stating obvious facts that all revolve around the unfortunate truth that we can't have as much influence on the game as we'd like to. So it's not even really arguing, it's just frustration. 

Most of the arguing comes from the topic of "saving" Halo - one person thinks pandering will do it, the other thinks adjusting the game will do it. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Yes, people will hype it up, just like every other Halo game but if I see Sprint or no Descope or anything else that shouldn't be there (we've given 343 enough feedback), then I can safely say, "I'm out", for good. 

TRUTH!

Everyone will go crazy and hype of H5 in the exact same way they did with H3, Reach and H4...  

Personally, I have been bruised and beaten too many times.  I remain hopeful - but I am not jumping on the bandwagon ever again until I get the game in my hands and try it out myself. 

Ghost is on our side. He tried to get No Sprint from 343 but they haven't given him the gametype yet.

Before he made Throwdown, he was hypothetically asked if he wanted NS, but that was back in like Feb/March I think and he didn't want to make any drastic changes from the default game as the playlist/community had no ground to stand on.

He did listen to the community, he is listening and will always listen. He knows how much Sprint breaks the game and he wants to remove it as much as we do. It's not his fault we still have Sprint, it's 343's fault.

Quin offered, and he declined..sorry but the blame still goes on Ghost, don't try and back him up..we know he means the community good, but his voice isn't that deep to be heard like others, but I just don't believe he has what it takes to be that "person". In the end, it doesn't really matter..My controller is hung up from competitive gaming for now, was fun while it lasted. I'm not wasting my time where my hopes will be crushed..which means no more dissappointments for me. :frankerz:

enemy out. :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Quin offered, and he declined..sorry but the blame still goes on Ghost, don't try and back him up..we know he means the community good, but his voice isn't that deep to be heard like others, but I just don't believe he has what it takes to be that "person". In the end, it doesn't really matter..My controller is hung up from competitive gaming for now, was fun while it lasted. I'm not wasting my time where my hopes will be crushed..which means no more dissappointments for me. :frankerz:

Sorry you feel that way. IMO, Ghost made the right decision at the time, yes it was a very hard one but I understand why he did what he did. We hardly had a community, so to further separate ourselves from the rest of the game wouldn't have been a good move in the short term. In the long term, it could have benefited us but we don't know that. Hindsight is a great thing. 

As it stands, Ghost has asked for Sprint, 343 haven't given him a NS gametype so I don't really see the point in blaming Ghost. There's no point in dwelling on the past, nothing can be changed, we should look forward to the future and try and shape it how we see fit. That means we keep voicing our opinions in a polite manner to 343 to ensure they know we want Sprint taken out. 

That's all we can really do, putting blame on a single Community leader who has done so much for us since launch is counter productive. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nah.  There is no way he could have foreseen that 343 wouldn't let him have no sprint afterwards.  IMO it was the right decision at the time to keep sprint for v1 and then see what could be done afterwards, but unfortunately 343 is not giving him the settings.

Nah.  There is no way he could have foreseen that 343 wouldn't let him have no sprint afterwards.  IMO it was the right decision at the time to keep sprint for v1 and then see what could be done afterwards, but unfortunately 343 is not giving him the settings.

When the pro players attend the Halo 4 GC tourney in Seattle somebody better ask what is going on with no sprint game-types, I hope they dont waste that opportunity to really tell 343 EXACTLY what the comp community needs to make Halo 5 work for us out of the box.

Halo 5 IS IT boys, the scene cannot survive more backwards progress population wise(not tournament wise+community wise because I think Ghost and company have done a great job considering the circumstances).

If someone asked me, "Ghost, what's the most common question that you get asked in regards to Halo?" I'd simply respond with, "Why should I still believe in Halo?"

After many months of hard work by 343 Industries, I felt that it was time to answer that question in its entirety... That it was time to finally summarize, recognize, and appreciate the definitive actions that they've taken as a whole in order to restore my faith in Halo. So without further ado, I present to you... The List:

Community Support/Misc.

• AGL/UMG
    • Twitter Support
    • HaloWaypoint Bulletins
    • Halo 4 Sign-In Update Banners
    • Halo 4 Global Championship Invitations
    • 343 Employees Commentating/Attending
  • Pro Player/Competitive Community
    • Twitter Support
    • Weapon Tuning Update Invitations
    • Halo 4 Global Championship Invitations
    • Streams
    • Media
    • Team Throwdown Playlist
    • Frank O’Connor mentions that 343 Industries will be looking towards “more traditional tournaments in the future”
  • Forge Community
    • Community Forge Playlist
    • Forge Creations within Standardized Playlists
    • Highlights Forgers’ Creations
    • Gives Back to the Community
  • Endless Community Interaction & Support
    • Twitter
    • TwitchTV
    • Facebook
    • TeamBeyond.net
    • NeoGAF
  • Halo TV series from Executive Producer Steven Spielberg
  • Frank O’Connor mentions that 343 Industries will be looking towards “more traditional tournaments in the future”

Matchmaking

• Competitive Skill Ranks
    • CSR Introduction (In Response to Community Feedback)
    • Matchmaking Balancing
    • Similar to Former Halo Ranking Systems (Ranked 1-50)
    • Individual vs. Team Scoring Methods
  • Weapon Tuning Update [Global]
    • Faster Kill Times
    • 4-Shot Kill Battle Rifle
    • 7-Shot Kill Covenant Carbine
      • Decreased Projectile Spread/Increased Accuracy
    • Nerfed DMR
    • Buffed LightRifle
    • Improved Automatics’ Functionality
    • Improved Vehicles’ Functionality
    • 2-Shot Beatdown with Battle Rifle
    • Weapons Added On Maps
      • Similar to Team Throwdown Playlist Locations
    • Increased Player Movement
      • Matches the Team Throwdown Playlist Settings
    • Optimized Spawning
  • Matchmaking Improvements/Updates
    • Double-Layer Overshield
    • 3-Minute Static Timers for Ordnances
    • Forced 5-Second Player Respawn Timers
    • Return of the “Red X” Death Indicators
    • Weekly Matchmaking Updates
    • Join-In-Progress Parameters
    • Search Time Parameters
    • Solution for “Backing Out of Lobby” Flaw
    • Nerfed Boltshot
    • Slayer Pro Added to Infinity/Big Team Infinity Slayer Playlists
    • Complex Removed from Infinity Slayer
    • POD Selection Refinement

Tournaments

• Halo 4 Global Championship
    • $500,000 Prize Pool
    • Free Entry
    • International Eligibility
    • Thorough Monitoring, Investigation, and Security
    • Online Tournament
      • Variety of Game Types
      • Format & Structure
    • LAN Tournament
      • Competitive (v4) Game Types
      • Location/Exposure – RTX, Gamescom, PAX
      • Format & Schedule
      • Hardware (GAEMS)
    • Invitations through AGL Tournaments
  • Infinity Challenge
    • Online Tournament
    • Free Entry
    • 1st Place Prize - UNSC-themed Ford F150 SVT Raptor
    • 2,800 Prizes

Playlists

• Team Throwdown Playlist
    • Frequent Updates
    • Community Controlled
  • Legendary Slayer
    • Weapons on Map without Ordnance Drops
    • Radar Enabled
    • Mimics classic playlists
    • Classic weapon set
    • Single Loadout
    • 4v4 Map Rotation
    • No Armor Abilities
  • Legendary BRs Debut (In Response to Community Feedback)
  • Rumble/Doubles Pro
    • Four Precision Rifle Loadouts
      • Leads off with Competitive Community’s Weapon of Choice – BR
    • Loadout identical to Team Throwdown Playlist Settings
      • No Secondary, 2x Frags, No AA, Resupply, Explosives, No Radar
  • Rumble BRs
    • Team Throwdown Playlist Settings in FFA
  • Team Doubles Playlist
  • Team Snipers Playlist
  • Big Team Skirmish
    • Replaced Objective Playlist
    • Enabled 8v8 Objective Gameplay
  • SWAT Playlist
  • Multi-Team Playlist
  • Grifball Playlist
    • Community Monitored
    • Frequent Updates
  • Team Action Sack Playlist

Maps

• Pitfall
    • Classic Competitive Halo 3 Map
    • Includes MLG Forge Alterations
  • Skyline
    • 4v4 Competitive Map
  • Vertigo
    • 4v4 Competitive Map
    • Geared for Extraction
  • Forge Island
    • Free-To-Download Forge Canvas
    • Natural Palette
    • Terrain/Water

Halo on Xbox One

• 60 Frames Per Second
  • Dedicated Servers
  • Joshua Menke’s Matchmaking System
  • Quinn DelHoyo’s Weapon Balancing Expertise
  • Andy “Bravo” Dudynsky’s Competitive Insight
  • Jessica “bsangel” Shea’s Community Control

So once again, I think it's safe to say, "We're in good hands."

-Ghost

k thanks. Hope you can persuade them that loadouts and "LE PRO AR" is not Halo

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

k thanks. Hope you can persuade them that loadouts and "LE PRO AR" is not Halo

Yup.  This guy gets it.  The inclusion of Legendary Slayer only proves that they have absolutely no idea what to do at this point.

I HAD restored my faith in Halo after three years of H3 and three years of HReach. Got dissappointed both times. Not doing it again until a few months into the new Halos release. 

Btw: I not only expect the bigger issues to be adressed and fixed (sprint, maps, ranks etc) but I want 343 to get the SUBTLE things right as well. Examples: The recoil of the sniper (not its flinch when being shot but its recoil generally), the spawn system, plasma nade fuse time, fine tuning of AAs IF they decide to put them in etc. etc.

So yea, a: Ill wait before buying the game, and b: I want both the big and the small problems to be fixed.

2 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Let's play a game.

Was this board bumping in 2013, or was Halo bumping in 2013?

This board would be my guess, all the competitive people needed somewhere to talk about Halo 5. The MLG forums were either dead or on their death bed by then, and reddit was (and still is) very casual. I popped in here for the H5 Beta, made a video on why sprint sucked, and then dipped when it was still in the game. And now I'm only back because MCC came out for PC, I have no faith Infinite will be good.

On 8/10/2013 at 6:23 AM, LethuL said:

JUST GIVE ME DESCOPE, REAL RANKS, NO SPRINT, FLAG JUGGLING. BASICALLY AN OVERALL CLASSIC HALO GAME AND I'LL BE HAPPY - LETHUL OUT :lxthul: :lxthul: :lxthul: :lxthul: :lxthul: :lxthul: :lxthul: :lxthul: :lxthul: :lxthul: :lxthul: :lxthul: :lxthul: :lxthul: :lxthul: :lxthul: :lxthul: :lxthul: :bman:

meanwhile 7 years later...

WE GOT FLAG JUGGLING BOYS. WE DID IT. #WEBACK

• Like (+1) 1

This should be a sticky at the top of the forum. Very educational for people who don't understand why most everyone here is/has been so mad for so long

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Snipe Three said:

This should be a sticky at the top of the forum. Very educational for people who don't understand why most everyone here is/has been so mad for so long

Agreed. Sad reading though this knowing what we know now.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Riddler said:

meanwhile 7 years later...

WE GOT FLAG JUGGLING BOYS. WE DID IT. #WEBACK

"We have almost reached feature parity with a game of the same series that came out over a decade ago #weback"

• Like (+1) 4
  • Fire (+1) 1

On the bright side, once Halo Infinite inevitably fails I'm sure 343 will be fired and Microsoft will find more competent devs to reboot the franchise. Halo is Xbox's most important game and there's no way they will allow another failure. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Avenger said:

there's no way they will allow another failure. 

Halo 4, MCC, and Halo 5 was three strikes. You could argue the latter managed to be a success because of the Req Packs. If such a thing were to return, the quality of the game would not be a focus.

Expectations need to stay low.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Avenger said:

On the bright side, once Halo Infinite inevitably fails I'm sure 343 will be fired and Microsoft will find more competent devs to reboot the franchise. Halo is Xbox's most important game and there's no way they will allow another failure. 

I doubt it considering they just built an entirely new engine, but I don't understand why we don't have multiple devs like cod has, let 343 make their advanced mobility/spin off bullshit and give us another dev which will actually cater to the style of gameplay that built this franchise.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

On 6/15/2020 at 11:59 PM, Mow said:

I doubt it considering they just built an entirely new engine, but I don't understand why we don't have multiple devs like cod has, let 343 make their advanced mobility/spin off bullshit and give us another dev which will actually cater to the style of gameplay that built this franchise.

I don't know why I've never considered this, but now I want it really badly. I don't even care if the classic style has a campaign or not. Launch it with Firefight as the main PvE mode (both holdout style and L4D, A to B style), and then just give us classic style 8v8, 4v4, 2v2, 1v1 and FFA.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1