GH057ayame

Restore Your Faith In Halo.

You do realize that that mod is far from perfect and could never be implemented in matchmaking right?  It doesn't even work for guests or promethean weapons, and a lot of times the descope is slow.

We went from never to having it at least be a possibility which as far as I can tell, does have room for improvement. So yes, I do realize that and it doesn't sway my view on it.

What exactly do you mean by "get the game" to where it is today?

A depleting online population that has not once increased?

Ghost and 343 have made the game better. How many people then decide to play the improved version of the game is completely out of their hands.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You do realize that that mod is far from perfect and could never be implemented in matchmaking right?  It doesn't even work for guests or promethean weapons, and a lot of times the descope is slow.

It does work with Forerunner weapons, the modder made a small mistake when he first did it but then fixed it. Besides, if he keeps working on it, it could work absolutely fine. :)

Obviously won't ever get into MM but could make customs enjoyable again.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Revamping multi player is what lost Halo its crown as king of Xbox live. Good luck with that.

343i didn't know what "revamping" meant.  343 removed things that worked, and added things that were not tested to see if they properly functioned in the Halo world.  For revamping in cod, they are removing things that don't add to the game, and adding things that add depth.  For example, removing death streaks.  

We're still making threads about this?

I have faith in 343, it's easy to have faith when you know nothing about "Halo 5". What I'm waiting for is action, in the next year 343's actions will dictate my faith. After 3 years of the crap we've been through It won't take much for me to finally stop buying this franchise Sprint, no ranks and the list goes on. What I really want to see is action, frankie and 343 can talk all day about making the game more traditional and competitive.What they don't realize is that talk is cheap and your actions will speak louder than any words that come out of your mouth.  I'll keep my faith down at my feet and dream of a perfect situation but until my faith is made true 343 won't see a dollar from me.

It does work with Forerunner weapons, the modder made a small mistake when he first did it but then fixed it. Besides, if he keeps working on it, it could work absolutely fine. :)

Obviously won't ever get into MM but could make customs enjoyable again.

Does it work for guests now?

Does it work for guests now?

I'm not sure, sorry. I just remember him tweeting out this 534be69e9798b5360ec2eded62ff26d6.png

a day after the news of descoping came out.

I'm not sure, sorry. I just remember him tweeting out this 534be69e9798b5360ec2eded62ff26d6.png

a day after the news of descoping came out.

So the descope mod is incompatible with a Dexterity setting other than the default?

So the descope mod is incompatible with a Dexterity setting other than the default?

I guess so, but doesn't really matter seeing as we don't use Dexterity in Competitive settings.

Ghost, I hate to say it..but you should've listened to the community about sprint. I have not played since June once you said it wasn't coming out..It's not because of sprint, it's just the game itself..and it will never be the same, so I gave up all my hopes and dreams of it going back to the game that I use to love. I hate to say it, but now you guys are eating it. It was a fun ride, I'll be awaiting for Halo 5, I guess.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ghost, I hate to say it..but you should've listened to the community about sprint. I have not played since June once you said it wasn't coming out..It's not because of sprint, it's just the game itself..and it will never be the same, so I gave up all my hopes and dreams of it going back to the game that I use to love. I hate to say it, but now you guys are eating it. It was a fun ride, I'll be awaiting for Halo 5, I guess.

in his defense, he did. I can't say why exactly, but I know his hands are tied on that specific subject. Trust me when I say he prob wants No sprint just as much as you do.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ghost is on our side. He tried to get No Sprint from 343 but they haven't given him the gametype yet.

Before he made Throwdown, he was hypothetically asked if he wanted NS, but that was back in like Feb/March I think and he didn't want to make any drastic changes from the default game as the playlist/community had no ground to stand on.

He did listen to the community, he is listening and will always listen. He knows how much Sprint breaks the game and he wants to remove it as much as we do. It's not his fault we still have Sprint, it's 343's fault.

• Upvote (+1) 2

With the addition of formal quitting Halo, and Gandhi recommending to everyone that they should switch to CoD, restoring my faith in this game is hard. :/

Has Formal straight up quit Halo 4 or is he just doing CoD until AGL 11?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Has Formal straight up quit Halo 4 or is he just doing CoD until AGL 11?

I was watching Formal's stream and he said that AGL 'messed up', it's safe to assume that he means they're hosting events with not enough teams and too close, and locations are bad etc etc etc... All that jazz everyone has been talking about. He also was tweeting about how he is looking for CoD pro's to add him, or put in a good word for him. However, he said that if a huge halo tournament that's actually going to be good is going to be hosted, then he will play Halo. 

I was watching Formal's stream and he said that AGL 'messed up', it's safe to assume that he means they're hosting events with not enough teams and too close, and locations are bad etc etc etc... All that jazz everyone has been talking about. He also was tweeting about how he is looking for CoD pro's to add him, or put in a good word for him. However, he said that if a huge halo tournament that's actually going to be good is going to be hosted, then he will play Halo. 

Okay, yeah, just read his Twitter. I guess this GC Final in Seattle is gonna be Halo 4's last big tournament for at least a while. :/

Okay, yeah, just read his Twitter. I guess this GC Final in Seattle is gonna be Halo 4's last big tournament for at least a while. :/

Yup, Halo 5, has to be good. It can't afford another slump.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yup, Halo 5, has to be good. It can't afford another slump.

I just wanna see some gameplay trailer ASAP so I can either decide to get hyped or leave Halo completely and not waste my time waiting until launch.

• Upvote (+1) 2

After playing 15 games of lag and 3 games of throwdown where a team member did nothing but betray all games long (got him 3 times in a row due to the shit population) I have completely lost faith in this game and believe that everyone should just stop playing it now. Let it die with all the trolls. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

After playing 15 games of lag and 3 games of throwdown where a team member did nothing but betray all games long (got him 3 times in a row due to the shit population) I have completely lost faith in this game and believe that everyone should just stop playing it now. Let it die with all the trolls. 

Yeah, I got shot by a teammate all game long because he didn't get the Sniper. I thought that shit died back in H3.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This thread is so depressing to read...

:(

it's the reality of things. The truth is we're in trouble and 343 needs to fix things or else...

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ghost is on our side. He tried to get No Sprint from 343 but they haven't given him the gametype yet.

Before he made Throwdown, he was hypothetically asked.

Huh?

He was definitely asked if he wanted no sprit for throwdown and he turned it down. I remember his explanation on twitter being something like "just trust me, when were ready for no sprint ill get on it" once some people found out that he turned down the offer.

If 343 has offered it to him before, I have doubts that they aren't able to give him a gametype with no sprint. My theory is that he wants to stay as close to default as possible, but the only explanation for keeping sprint that I saw from him was 'Just trust me.'