GH057ayame

Restore Your Faith In Halo.

While that may be true, equipment and AA's are easily toggled off. Sprint and no descoping are built into the code. That is where Halo 4 made its fatal error

Are we judging people on dev support now? How can you say that 343 is better than Bungie when they can't even put out a good Halo game?! Yes 343 is worlds better than Bungie in dev support without question, but who gives a damn if they put out a crappy game? 100,000 people played Halo 3 despite horrible coding and dev support because it was a GOOD GAME. Nobody plays Halo 4 despite its awesome coding and dev support because the game sucks. It's awful. 343 is not better than Bungie. They are better at dev support. But they have shown me nothing in terms of game development and at the end of the day, everyone judges you by the game you put on the shelf and I dont think that can be argued

Actually Halo 3 saw 300-400k+ I believe. It was still hitting 250-300k+ a year+ after launch. Reach averaged to around 100-150k I think.

i miss the days when we could avg 300k online WHILE COD was doing the same

Yeah, remember the days when Halo 3 outplaced 2 CoD's on the Activity Charts when CoD is multiplatform.

*sigh*

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yeah, remember the days when Halo 3 outplaced 2 CoD's on the Activity Charts when CoD is multiplatform.

*sigh*

Those halo 3 times when I have to force myself to stop playing halo at night  because having to work the next day,  I even miss reach  mlg v7 even when it was some times boring playing only 3 maps. 

Now I haven't touch Halo for 3 months.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Those halo 3 times when I have to force myself to stop playing halo at night  because having to work the next day,  I even miss reach  mlg v7 even when it was some times boring playing only 3 maps. 

Now I haven't touch Halo for 3 months.

Yeah man, same. :( Sad to see what it's become.

It seems you think this to be a difficult thing to do? Coming from someone whose played modded settings, it really isn't.

Yes.  I do think it would be difficult for ghost to have modded settings put in team throwdown.

He *may* get no sprint, but only from a nonmodded gametype, and even if throwdown got no sprint and descope it would still be more like halo 3 than halo c.e.- which was my original point.

You have to do some *serious* modding to make halo 4 more like halo c.e. than halo 3.  Not to mention some serious forging.

no my man...i was just showing you how we can get this game to play as close as possible to CE....you said it couldn't and i proved that to be wrong.

You didn't prove me wrong at all.  You cannot get modded settings into matchmaking.   I was obviously talking about what could actually be done outside of changing the structure of the game itself.  

Let me restructure my original point to make this clear:

You cannot make halo 4 play more like halo c.e. than halo 3 without modding the game.

That's what I meant.  With mods you can do anything, but it's purposeless outside of custom games.

Hypothetically one could literally mod halo c.e. into the halo 4 engine, but that's not what I'm talking about. 

You didn't prove me wrong at all.  You cannot get modded settings into matchmaking.   I was obviously talking about what could actually be done outside of changing the structure of the game itself.  

Let me restructure my original point to make this clear:

You cannot make halo 4 play more like halo c.e. than halo 3 without modding the game.

That's what I meant.  With mods you can do anything, but it's purposeless outside of custom games.

Hypothetically one could literally mod halo c.e. into the halo 4 engine, but that's not what I'm talking about. 

ok gotcha

Thanks Ghost and all the others who've been trying so hard to keep halo going on this rising scale. What really stands out to me more than any other game is that to me Halo is shaped by its community, I don't really see that with other games and just see how the community has a strong will to see this game reach beyond all what everyone said it was, Can Halo die? No with the kick ass people i've been seeing so far in this community its far from dead. I may not have started back in CE and those days I picked it up in Halo 3 and I'm here to support and i'm sticking to my Halo. Halo is over everything for me.  I've never lost faith in this game, it just grows strong thanks to all of you guys, Thanks for all the things you've done to make this game fun. :D

• Upvote (+1) 5

Yeah it would e great if we could not change anything and play the game at a competitive level. I play League all the time and its awesome that mlg doesn't have to change a single thing to play the game at a high level.

Unfortunately, the only time we have been able to do that in halo was over 10 years ago. We still had to change halo 2 a decent amount to make it play competitively.

Halo has done pretty decent in the competitive scene despite us changing it up so much in the past. I don't think the mlg turnouts for h3 would have been so well if we were using the default damage/movement speed settings. I don't think halo 2 would have done well if we used smg starts with radar on. Reach didn't have one successful turnout until we disabled sprint and bloom. Using mods to make this game 100x more competitive wouldn't hurt at this point, taking into consideration the current state of the community and past success with changing the default settings in the interest of a wider skill gap.

In fact, that's the only way to get someone like me to play halo again.

Well technically Halo 2 was SMG starts default, but there was still BR start play-lists and comp settings took minor tweaking unlike Reach and Halo 4 where I feel like the default game is so noob-oriented and inconsistent with bad maps that the comp settings were FORCED to be majorly different or else we would be playing with kill-streaks and bolt-shots in comp play like CoD lol.

The comp community in games like LoL is admired even by bronze players, the developer puts an emphasis on advertising the tournament scene in a good light and making it accessible to any player. in Halo the average player does not play the same game as the pros do and we have developed an "elitist" reputation for stripping the game down for our comp settings whether its necessary or not.  If we are to close the gap between the general population and our comp scene the settings need to be as close to universal as possible, and the tournament scene needs to be a highlight of the MP experience and readily accessible to all players in game.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yes. I do think it would be difficult for ghost to have modded settings put in team throwdown.

Ahhh so what you're saying here is 343 won't want a playlist featuring modded settings in matchmaking.

I'd be curious to see. I could see them pulling a bungie on us if ghost tried to get mods in the playlist, not wanting a tampered version of what they've been defending for such a long time.

Then again, they did say they wouldn't be banning for people playing with mods, and they did offer ghost the chance to have no sprint in ttd before.

the settings need to be as close to universal as possible, and the tournament scene needs to be a highlight of the MP experience and readily accessible to all players in game.

I was here for reach, I've heard this argument a lot and agree with it. I would love to not change anything and play at a competitive level, it would be great for the competitive community. The developers made default reach unplayable at a competitive level, and we were forced to stray from the default experience. It wasn't until then that mlg had their first, and only, successful turnout for a reach event.

I'm afraid were at that point with h4. The default experience doesn't have a large enough skill gap for competitive play. Again, I would love to not change anything and run the game as-is at tournaments, but the developers didn't make that a possibility with halo 4. I'm pretty sure the same thing will happen for halo 5 too. Hope I'm wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 3

We need to stop pretending this game is good. It is horrible at best. I seriously doubt we will even make it to h5. Especially with all the shit that is coming out this fall and early next year. For the first time i enjoy watching cod more then halo :(

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'd have faith in Halo if 343 hired whoever has been coming out with all these crazy mods. It looks good on a resume to say "created modded element deemed impossible by 343 due to time and resources, single handedly.

We need to stop pretending this game is good. It is horrible at best. I seriously doubt we will even make it to h5. Especially with all the shit that is coming out this fall and early next year. For the first time i enjoy watching cod more then halo :(

I + repped and then realized you said something good about CoD lol.

I personally don't think Halo is dead. Just because throwdown has a small population and because the last AGL event had a embarrassing showup, The last two AGLs were too close together for Halo.

I personally don't think Halo is dead. Just because throwdown has a small population and because the last AGL event had a embarrassing showup, The last two AGLs were too close together for Halo.

30k people playing is kinda dad.

After watching that Ghosts Reveal, you can't but laugh at the idea of having faith in this pathetic excuse for a franchise?  Announcing a season of MLG, 1million dev tourney, clan matches and every part of multiplayer revamped? LOL gg "halo" gg.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ghost, just wanted to say how much I respect the countless hours you have put into Halo 4 to help 343 get the game to where it is today. People take it all for granted.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Ghost, just wanted to say how much I respect the countless hours you have put into Halo 4 to help 343 get the game to where it is today. People take it all for granted.

What exactly do you mean by "get the game" to where it is today?

A depleting online population that has not once increased?

What exactly do you mean by "get the game" to where it is today?

A depleting online population that has not once increased?

how about v4 settings?  I'd say that's an accomplishment.  I can absolutely have fun playing TTD now.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'd have faith in Halo if 343 hired whoever has been coming out with all these crazy mods. It looks good on a resume to say "created modded element deemed impossible by 343 due to time and resources, single handedly.

You do realize that that mod is far from perfect and could never be implemented in matchmaking right?  It doesn't even work for guests or promethean weapons, and a lot of times the descope is slow.

After watching that Ghosts Reveal, you can't but laugh at the idea of having faith in this pathetic excuse for a franchise? Announcing a season of MLG, 1million dev tourney, clan matches and every part of multiplayer revamped? LOL gg "halo" gg.

Revamping multi player is what lost Halo its crown as king of Xbox live. Good luck with that.