GH057ayame

Restore Your Faith In Halo.

Are you seriously suggesting that Ghost magically talk 343 into putting *modded* settings into the game?  

like.. wat.

no my man...i was just showing you how we can get this game to play as close as possible to CE....you said it couldn't and i proved that to be wrong.

In that case, I'll stick to no mods.

-Ghost

and we'll stick to mods. Everyone wins.

I feel like the halo community is full of picky pessimists...

They did this to us. During 1-3 we may have complained about small things here n there...but never to the extent of Reach and H4 #FactsOnly

No Sprint is modded. Whoops.

People seem to forget that Ghost has already asked for modded settings in Throwdown. The 180 second random ordnance timers were modded as well. The 2x overshield can't be changed anywhere in customs options.. hmm..

Salute

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This. In the words of Doju, we should be working together - not racing to save Halo.

Great post.

Also, I put a poll up for Shotgun vs Scattershot here. Figured you'd be interested in the opinions if you haven't seen them already.

Haha, now you see how I feel when reading the majority of the posts in this thread. I've been wanting to touch on this topic for a long time, but haven't had the right time to step in. Aphex, Akademik, D0ju, Master Wiks, etc., I have no problem with your opinions, your posts, your character, except for the fact as to how you guys usually come across as either forum bullies or sarcastic class clowns. Now, I'm not saying that speaking your mind is wrong, but when every other post contains an elitest undertone accompanied by a sarcastic joke, it becomes a problem. Our forums are supposed to provide a professional and fun atmosphere for all members of our community to participate. I'm not telling everyone to be robots and stay Dersky, just mentioning that we can't be pushing other people around because their opinions are different than our own.

I've been talking to Menotyou a lot recently, and it's been a breath of fresh air. We still have our differing views on many subjects, but we're not throwing jabs at each other through our teeth. I aim to have that relationship with all of you in the future, so I'm trying to stick out an olive branch here. Speaking of which, Menotyou has brought the Unity situation to my attention and I've been working on a solution for it. Nevertheless, please be courteous and respectful for the remainder of your time on these forums. I understand that not everyone is satisfied with the current situation of Halo, but we're working towards a better future - which would be much easier if we all worked together towards that common goal. The slates are clean, the hands are washed, and with that said, I'd like to move forward.

Thank you,

-Ghost

Most of the time this happens because that member of the forum starts spouting their opinion like fact

Who created Halo who became one of the best competitive shooters on console???

And the answer is "BUNGIE"

Whos creating DESTINY? BUNGIE

There is the answer to your question.

Who created Reach?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I really shouldnt be in the same bracket as Master wiks a.k.a. mega troll 4000

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Who created Reach?

Bungie. But everyone knows that Bungie was forced to expand past the original trilogy when they weren't planning on it. They made three of the most successful FPS games of all time. 343 hasn't done JACK in my mind. I don't give a company credit for making a horrendous game mildly playable. Yes they are making the right hires and yes they are listening to the community which are all great things, but I will hold my final judgement of 343 until H5. I'll give them one more chance, but it's pretty fair to say that the failure of Halo 4 pretty much ensured that Halo would never bounce back to the 100,000 players online game that it once was.

I love Halo to death and I will always play as long as the game is competitive and fair, but those 100,000 players have moved on at this point

Bungie. But everyone knows that Bungie was forced to expand past the original trilogy when they weren't planning on it. They made three of the most successful FPS games of all time. 343 hasn't done JACK in my mind. I don't give a company credit for making a horrendous game mildly playable. Yes they are making the right hires and yes they are listening to the community which are: all great things, but I will hold my final judgement of 343 until H5. I'll give them one more chance, but it's pretty fair to say that the failure of Halo 4 pretty much ensured that Halo would never bounce back to the 100,000 players online game that it once was.

I love Halo to death and I will always play as long as the game is competitive and fair, but those 100,000 players have moved on at this point

Bungie inked a deal before Halo 3 was released stating they would release 3 more games.

Haha, now you see how I feel when reading the majority of the posts in this thread. I've been wanting to touch on this topic for a long time, but haven't had the right time to step in. Aphex, Akademik, D0ju, Master Wiks, etc., I have no problem with your opinions, your posts, your character, except for the fact as to how you guys usually come across as either forum bullies or sarcastic class clowns. Now, I'm not saying that speaking your mind is wrong, but when every other post contains an elitest undertone accompanied by a sarcastic joke, it becomes a problem. Our forums are supposed to provide a professional and fun atmosphere for all members of our community to participate. I'm not telling everyone to be robots and stay Dersky, just mentioning that we can't be pushing other people around because their opinions are different than our own.

I've been talking to Menotyou a lot recently, and it's been a breath of fresh air. We still have our differing views on many subjects, but we're not throwing jabs at each other through our teeth. I aim to have that relationship with all of you in the future, so I'm trying to stick out an olive branch here. Speaking of which, Menotyou has brought the Unity situation to my attention and I've been working on a solution for it. Nevertheless, please be courteous and respectful for the remainder of your time on these forums. I understand that not everyone is satisfied with the current situation of Halo, but we're working towards a better future - which would be much easier if we all worked together towards that common goal. The slates are clean, the hands are washed, and with that said, I'd like to move forward.

Thank you,

-Ghost

Since your here. What's holding back a room based map playing oddball?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Bungie inked a deal before Halo 3 was released stating they would release 3 more games

They were out of their comfort zone after the first 3. That's why 343 had to fix Reach and ultimately took over the series. Bungie was done with it

no my man...i was just showing you how we can get this game to play as close as possible to CE....you said it couldn't and i proved that to be wrong.

and we'll stick to mods. Everyone wins.

They did this to us. During 1-3 we may have complained about small things here n there...but never to the extent of Reach and H4 #FactsOnly

Salute

I guess I can't completely understand everybody's point because I didn't play Halo until Reach came out. I played a little bit of Halo 3, but not enough to gain perspective on the downfall of the recent Halo's.

Thank you,

-Ghost

I never meant any disrespect towards anyone throught the time i've posted about halo..anywhere on the net, I respect everyone's opinion whether I agree or not. The thing with texts is that you can't really convey how a person actually feels, so i understand if i come off a lil negative at times. It's all love over here, we're all in the same boat. I just have this passion for halo and competitive halo that I go crazy sometimes when i see things i disagree with, whether it's by posting essays or a slight jab here n there. At the end of the day we all want the same thing, we just have different views on how it can be accomplished. The way I would like to see Halo being played may not be the same as you or another poster and vice versa...we just need to find a middle ground...somewhere and go from there, that way everyone wins. 

Salute.

I apologize to anyone that may have been offended by my posts. I never intended to come off as sarcastic or bullyish, I don't necessarily agree with you, ghost, that my tone is usually like that. I'll go back and re-read my 15-20 posts after work today, but when I ask you "what will you do if competitive halo 5 sucks" I was (and still am) genuinely interested to know. When I say "I don't play halo" it's because there is no convenient way to have a gaming experience that I would deem worthy of my time. Perhaps you've simply misinterpreted my tone, which is common on a discussion board.

You are right though, the community should unify and work together for competitive halo. I respect you ghost, but that doesn't mean I have too much optimism for the future. I really hope I'm wrong on that.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I guess I can't completely understand everybody's point because I didn't play Halo until Reach came out. I played a little bit of Halo 3, but not enough to gain perspective on the downfall of the recent Halo's.

That's cool, v7 was great. wish we had another year of it.

I really shouldnt be in the same bracket as Master wiks a.k.a. mega troll 4000

yea...no trolling over here

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thank you,

-Ghost

I'm really curious to see how those conversations would actually go, regardless though thanks :)

They were out of their comfort zone after the first 3. That's why 343 had to fix Reach and ultimately took over the series. Bungie was done with it

That's not the porint though. They gave us Halo 3, Reach, and half a halo game that was suppose to be an add to Halo 3 in ODST.

As a fan of bungie they let me down. They are not as great of a developer as everyone makes them out to be.

That's not the porint though. They gave us Halo 3, Reach, and half a halo game that was suppose to be an add to Halo 3 in ODST.

As a fan of bungie they let me down. They are not as great of a developer as everyone makes them out to be.

to be fair ODST was originally supposed to be dlc and MS wouldn't let them so they later released it as a full game, plus they offered halo 3 plus all the dlc so it wasn't that bad.

343i are far better than bungie, 343i have yet to prove they are capable of making a good halo game but the dev support is above and beyond anything bungie gave.

Well they did one hell of a lot better than 343 is doing right now. At least every game, save for pre-v7 reach, stuck to the core formula that worked and was extremely competitive. Reach was awful and still did worlds better population wise than this sorry excuse for a Halo game. ODST was a joke, but I bought it for Heretic alone, which turned out to be awesome. I bought Halo 4 and there is not a single thing to keep me playing this game. The fact that descope wasnt one of the first things that 343 put in is an atrocity. Sprint killed reach and no sprint revived it, yet we cant even toggle it out. Those are 2 cardinal sins in the Halo universe. Halo 3 had sketchy coding and bad hit detection which are two minor issues. Reach had bloom which was one cardinal sin. Sprint was an AA in that game so it was easy to take out. Halo 4 is by far the worst game mechanically. The coding is awesome as is the hit detection, the maps are pretty decent, etc etc. but the core things ruin it. I simply cannot play this game for more than 2 hours because its BULL. I get two perfect shots on a sniper and he swings around, zooms in, and blaines me? Get the F*** out of here. I put 3 shots in a guy in horrible map position and he sprints away. Total bull. At least every other Halo game was FAIR in its competitive settings. Halo 4 is absolute trash. Anybody that knows anything about Halo would have AT LEAST put descope in at launch and would have at least even considered toggling sprint. But no. The saviors of Reach and the creators of an INCREDIBLE v7 MLG settings couldnt manage that. So excuse me if I choose Bungie over a company that doesn't even understand the core of Halo. They can put lipstick on a pig all they want. It's still a pig

to be fair ODST was originally supposed to be dlc and MS wouldn't let them so they later released it as a full game, plus they offered halo 3 plus all the dlc so it wasn't that bad.

343i are far better than bungie, 343i have yet to prove they are capable of making a good halo game but the dev support is above and beyond anything bungie gave.

Are we judging people on dev support now? How can you say that 343 is better than Bungie when they can't even put out a good Halo game?! Yes 343 is worlds better than Bungie in dev support without question, but who gives a damn if they put out a crappy game? 100,000 people played Halo 3 despite horrible coding and dev support because it was a GOOD GAME. Nobody plays Halo 4 despite its awesome coding and dev support because the game sucks. It's awful. 343 is not better than Bungie. They are better at dev support. But they have shown me nothing in terms of game development and at the end of the day, everyone judges you by the game you put on the shelf and I dont think that can be argued

Are we judging people on dev support now? How can you say that 343 is better than Bungie when they can't even put out a good Halo game?! Yes 343 is worlds better than Bungie in dev support without question, but who gives a damn if they put out a crappy game? 100,000 people played Halo 3 despite horrible coding and dev support because it was a GOOD GAME. Nobody plays Halo 4 despite its awesome coding and dev support because the game sucks. It's awful. 343 is not better than Bungie. They are better at dev support. But they have shown me nothing in terms of game development and at the end of the day, everyone judges you by the game you put on the shelf and I dont think that can be argued

343i have created one halo game so far, if you were to judge them solely based on halo 4 you could just as easily base bungie off of reach, as such you see how silly it is to compare them in that regard.

btw paraphrases, wall of text bro.

Well they did one hell of a lot better than 343 is doing right now. At least every game, save for pre-v7 reach, stuck to the core formula that worked and was extremely competitive. Reach was awful and still did worlds better population wise than this sorry excuse for a Halo game. ODST was a joke, but I bought it for Heretic alone, which turned out to be awesome. I bought Halo 4 and there is not a single thing to keep me playing this game. The fact that descope wasnt one of the first things that 343 put in is an atrocity. Sprint killed reach and no sprint revived it, yet we cant even toggle it out. Those are 2 cardinal sins in the Halo universe. Halo 3 had sketchy coding and bad hit detection which are two minor issues. Reach had bloom which was one cardinal sin. Sprint was an AA in that game so it was easy to take out. Halo 4 is by far the worst game mechanically. The coding is awesome as is the hit detection, the maps are pretty decent, etc etc. but the core things ruin it. I simply cannot play this game for more than 2 hours because its BULL. I get two perfect shots on a sniper and he swings around, zooms in, and blaines me? Get the F*** out of here. I put 3 shots in a guy in horrible map position and he sprints away. Total bull. At least every other Halo game was FAIR in its competitive settings. Halo 4 is absolute trash. Anybody that knows anything about Halo would have AT LEAST put descope in at launch and would have at least even considered toggling sprint. But no. The saviors of Reach and the creators of an INCREDIBLE v7 MLG settings couldnt manage that. So excuse me if I choose Bungie over a company that doesn't even understand the core of Halo. They can put lipstick on a pig all they want. It's still a pig

Bungie was moving game in this ditection since Halo.3. Equipment is essentially AAs. They created Theater and totally went backwards in Reach. Face it they went out of there way to push Halo ODST and Reach out at the expense of their own fan base. And you are OK with it. Everything you currently hate about Halo was set into motion by Bungie.

I gotta say as a avid halo fan, I'm happy with it. I try and just evolve with the new games as I know they are never just going to leave a game alone for a sequel. I get as mad as anyone when armor lock and all these other things that take away from "classic" halo. I just play halo 3 when I'm looking for that fix. Anyway, keep up the good work Ghost because the Alg tourneys have been great to watch and super competitive when all the big teams are in attendance.

Bungie was moving game in this ditection since Halo.3. Equipment is essentially AAs. They created Theater and totally went backwards in Reach. Face it they went out of there way to push Halo ODST and Reach out at the expense of their own fan base. And you are OK with it. Everything you currently hate about Halo was set into motion by Bungie.

Bungie did 343 a favour and showed them how not to make a Halo game.

• Upvote (+1) 1