GH057ayame

Restore Your Faith In Halo.

So Ghost will come in here and debate the competitive level of H2/3...

Am I the only one who wants to say, "Stop letting 343 dick us around and go make H4 like H2/3 then?"

You want to restore my faith in Halo?  Then make nostalgic thoughts a reality

Am I the only one who wants to say, "Stop letting 343 dick us around and go make H4 like H2/3 then?"

Without the use of mods, how could we do that?

343's "dicking us around" is preventing us from doing anything to make this game play better with the current options at our disposal. Aside from going all forge maps + mods, there's not much we can do.

I'll restore my faith in Halo when I feel like I'm playing a real Halo game again.  Until then, Ghost's list is just fluff reaction by 343 to ensure that we buy their next title.  They know that furthering the competitive community and promoting professional gaming is the way to bring in revenue as well as have longevity for the game.  All of the brainless casuals on the Waypoint forums will buy Halo even if it turns into a MOBA in Halo 5.  Why they pretend like they don't know all of this?  I have no idea.

Ghost, could you affirm/disaffirm this statement, please? Not trying to be rude here, I'm just genuinely curious.

Confirmed. I'm a Halo:CE loyalist. My current settings might not reflect on that statement, but I'm not here to try to turn Halo 4 into Halo:CE. It wouldn't get close to our expectations. I chose to make competitive Halo 4 settings for our community to thrive off of. We've come a long way since launch, but at the end of the day, it's up to the developers to bestow us with a new iteration of their Halo vision with every title. We can only do so much with our alterations until we end up looking like hermits and hoarders. Currently, we are doing our best as a collective Halo community to guide our franchise in the right direction. So far, 343 has been on-board with our opinionated and passionate responses. I started this thread to remind our community about just that - our voices are being heard. I hope to see that this becomes a tradition.

-Ghost

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I just think a lot of people want Halo 2 and 3. Cmon man its 2013, the game had to evolve. People will always find something to cry about. Instead of just moving forward and evolving with the game.

Since Halo 3 unfortunately it's not evolving but devolving. Don't confuse change with evolution.

We can only do so much with our alterations until we end up looking like hermits and hoarders.

I understand this train of thought and would agree that minimizing the barrier to entry with the competitive settings would be best for the game if we had an influx of new players coming in. I don't think that's the case here though.

I've seen the argument brought up before that making the game far from default in the interest of settings that maximize the skill gap worked great for Reach; the ZBNS tournament saw the largest attendance for any Reach tournament run by MLG. Don't you think we would see similar success if we were to use modded settings? I don't need to tell you that competitive Halo's current state is...rough.

One more question for you, and this is just out of curiosity; what will you do if 343 releases Halo 5 and it's out-of-box experience is just as bad as H4/Reach? Will you still stick around? Will you lose faith in Halo?

Hope I don't sound too much like a douche with that last question, you do more for competitive Halo than anyone else in the community which I have a lot of respect for. Sooner or later though, as a competitive player, especially with people like you and I who have been involved in competitive Halo for 10+ years, you gotta say enough is enough. It's always been 1 setp foreward & 3 steps back with the franchise's competitive scene with each passing title.

Confirmed. I'm a Halo:CE loyalist. My current settings might not reflect on that statement, but I'm not here to try to turn Halo 4 into Halo:CE. It wouldn't get close to our expectations. I chose to make competitive Halo 4 settings for our community to thrive off of. We've come a long way since launch, but at the end of the day, it's up to the developers to bestow us with a new iteration of their Halo vision with every title. We can only do so much with our alterations until we end up looking like hermits and hoarders. Currently, we are doing our best as a collective Halo community to guide our franchise in the right direction. So far, 343 has been on-board with our opinionated and passionate responses. I started this thread to remind our community about just that - our voices are being heard. I hope to see that this becomes a tradition.

-Ghost

Just want to let you know, I appriciate everything you're doing for the community, and just because I'm not ready to get back on the halo hype train, doesn't mean I'm right, so keep on fighting the good fight.

Confirmed. I'm a Halo:CE loyalist. My current settings might not reflect on that statement, but I'm not here to try to turn Halo 4 into Halo:CE.

-Ghost

I've heard and seen posts saying the competitive settings we have now remind them of halo 3 with sprint and AA's. Just saying.

You want to restore my faith in Halo?  Then make nostalgic thoughts a reality

I knew it...

I understand this train of thought and would agree that minimizing the barrier to entry with the competitive settings would be best for the game if we had an influx of new players coming in. I don't think that's the case here though.

I've seen the argument brought up before that making the game far from default in the interest of settings that maximize the skill gap worked great for Reach; the ZBNS tournament saw the largest attendance for any Reach tournament run by MLG. Don't you think we would see similar success if we were to use modded settings? I don't need to tell you that competitive Halo's current state is...rough.

I have experienced talking to literally 0 comp Halo fans that have started predominantly with Halo 4 in game and on the forums. Its like comp Halo players are one of those endangered exotic birds these days its rare to ever see a new one out in the wild.

Halo 3 had a huge backing of people that started playing comp Halo on the 360 with H3, so it did not really matter if the H1+H2 players liked the game or not there was a current comp community who loved it, the same can be said about Halo 2.

The majority of comp Halo 4 players are in fact not Halo 4 fans but  resentful Halo trilogy fans IMO, because Reach and H4 were so anti-competitive and basically not Halo games at launch nobody took them for serious comp Halo games and they never garnered the comp community the trilogy did. That is the biggest problem above all, there is not a  significant active Halo 4 community for the current game so the scene is not growing but in fact losing fans and going backwards. The same can said about games like CS:GO, the majority of the pro community and CS:GO community did not come from the current game and new blood is virtually non-existent.

After taking a break from Halo for awhile and playing various comp MP games like LoL, I have come to the conclusion that the only way to significantly grow the scene in H5 is to have a game with "universal" settings, meaning the tournament settings are very close or exactly like the default comp play-list settings. Ranked in H2+H3 was essentially this, the bridge from default to MLG settings. Once ranked play-lists were removed however, that bridge was destroyed and the relatively easy transition between ranked and MLG became an overwhelming transition between default Reach+H4 where the comp scene became an Island in a way that the general population could not possibly access.

The only difference between default comp Halo and tournament Halo settings in a perfect world should be no radar so there is no gaping gulf between default and tournament Halo where tournament Halo is out on an island that the average Halo player can not possibly relate to. That would mean the game would need to be balanced for comp play out of the box though and fun for all skill levels, something that has not been done successfully since arguably Halo 1 or Halo 2 to a lesser extent.

I just think a lot of people want Halo 2 and 3. Cmon man its 2013, the game had to evolve. People will always find something to cry about. Instead of just moving forward and evolving with the game. My opinion is that the community is killing halo rather than the game development. You get pros that have gotten dominant with a certain aspects of these older halos and now dont play because its not the same and they have to relearn some things, and now because the pros or old legends say it sucks and everyone else follows suit. Its frustrating for a lot of people. Obviously if you want halo 2 and you get halo 4, you will be disappointed. lol...Halo 4 is fun as hell and I have been a halo fan since CE. Y not support something and embrace change. Im not going to stop watching NFL because a lot of teams are now using the read option instead of "traditional" pocket passing QB play.. Just my opinion folks..Thanks for all the hard work GHOS7

Sorry sir but I play football and the game never changes some rules for safety its the same field same ball. H1 with the pistol is like football with a football Halo 2 changes it to a Br its like football with with a soccer ball its going to be a major change and whether the br is better or not is your opinion 

I've heard and seen posts saying the competitive settings we have now remind them of halo 3 with sprint and AA's. Just saying.

What did you want ghost to do?  Program the magnum into the game?  No matter what you do with halo 4 it will always be more like halo 3 than halo ce.

What did you want ghost to do?  Program the magnum into the game?  No matter what you do with halo 4 it will always be more like halo 3 than halo ce.

you sure about that?

http://teambeyond.net/forum/index.php?/topic/2081-halo-4-modded-settings-discussion-thread/&do=findComment&comment=47067

and if you still disagree..i can make it much simpler than those amazing changes

remove the BR

make weapons/powerups spawn faster

use more of the sandbox

use maps that aren't midship inspired

plays nothing like halo 3

Are you seriously suggesting that Ghost magically talk 343 into putting *modded* settings into the game?

like.. wat.

It seems you think this to be a difficult thing to do? Coming from someone whose played modded settings, it really isn't.

Are you seriously suggesting that Ghost magically talk 343 into putting *modded* settings into the game?  

like.. wat.

No Sprint is modded. Whoops.

People seem to forget that Ghost has already asked for modded settings in Throwdown. The 180 second random ordnance timers were modded as well. The 2x overshield can't be changed anywhere in customs options.. hmm..

Halo 4 launched with Maps that were created in Forge.  Tell me why, this game was released without being able to play split-screen on the maps they provided?  I'm confused.  To my knowledge this wasn't an issue in Halo 3 nor Halo: Reach, so why is it a problem in the most recent release?  If there is a logical reason that I have overlooked, I will retract my statement on this issue.

He just explained it.... Halo 4 Graphics on an old console rendering for 2-4 different players does not compute. However, that does not leave an excuse for why 343 didn't change for this problem.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I have experienced talking to literally 0 comp Halo fans that have started predominantly with Halo 4 in game and on the forums. Its like comp Halo players are one of those endangered exotic birds these days its rare to ever see a new one out in the wild.

Halo 3 had a huge backing of people that started playing comp Halo on the 360 with H3, so it did not really matter if the H1+H2 players liked the game or not there was a current comp community who loved it, the same can be said about Halo 2.

The majority of comp Halo 4 players are in fact not Halo 4 fans but resentful Halo trilogy fans IMO, because Reach and H4 were so anti-competitive and basically not Halo games at launch nobody took them for serious comp Halo games and they never garnered the comp community the trilogy did. That is the biggest problem above all, there is not a significant active Halo 4 community for the current game so the scene is not growing but in fact losing fans and going backwards. The same can said about games like CS:GO, the majority of the pro community and CS:GO community did not come from the current game and new blood is virtually non-existent.

After taking a break from Halo for awhile and playing various comp MP games like LoL, I have come to the conclusion that the only way to significantly grow the scene in H5 is to have a game with "universal" settings, meaning the tournament settings are very close or exactly like the default comp play-list settings. Ranked in H2+H3 was essentially this, the bridge from default to MLG settings. Once ranked play-lists were removed however, that bridge was destroyed and the relatively easy transition between ranked and MLG became an overwhelming transition between default Reach+H4 where the comp scene became an Island in a way that the general population could not possibly access.

The only difference between default comp Halo and tournament Halo settings in a perfect world should be no radar so there is no gaping gulf between default and tournament Halo where tournament Halo is out on an island that the average Halo player can not possibly relate to. That would mean the game would need to be balanced for comp play out of the box though and fun for all skill levels, something that has not been done successfully since arguably Halo 1 or Halo 2 to a lesser extent.

Yeah it would e great if we could not change anything and play the game at a competitive level. I play League all the time and its awesome that mlg doesn't have to change a single thing to play the game at a high level.

Unfortunately, the only time we have been able to do that in halo was over 10 years ago. We still had to change halo 2 a decent amount to make it play competitively.

Halo has done pretty decent in the competitive scene despite us changing it up so much in the past. I don't think the mlg turnouts for h3 would have been so well if we were using the default damage/movement speed settings. I don't think halo 2 would have done well if we used smg starts with radar on. Reach didn't have one successful turnout until we disabled sprint and bloom. Using mods to make this game 100x more competitive wouldn't hurt at this point, taking into consideration the current state of the community and past success with changing the default settings in the interest of a wider skill gap.

In fact, that's the only way to get someone like me to play halo again.

I feel like the halo community is full of picky pessimists...

No we just don't like playing a shit game Bruv, 

In fact, that's the only way to get someone like me to play halo again.

In that case, I'll stick to no mods.

-Ghost

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

In that case, I'll stick to no mods.

-Ghost

Classy.

Even though you come off as a prick here, I still respect you for trying to save this game.