Gobias

YouTube Shoutout Thread

There are many, many hardworking Halo commentators on YouTube. Sometimes I think that they don't get enough recognition for the great content they pump out. So here's my plan:

Every so often, I'll write about one of my favorite Halo commentators. I'll post one of their videos as a little taste of what they have to offer. If you enjoy the video, liking it would be appreciated. If you didn't enjoy it, feel free to leave some constructive criticism on what they can do better. And if you think you might enjoy watching their videos in the future, by all means, subscribe as I have.

- - - - - - -

Today we're starting off with a very practiced uploader, BBKdragoon. BBK specializes in what he calls "Replay Reviews." He'll watch someone's PoV from any number of playlists, usually Team Throwdown, Infinity Slayer, or Rumble Pit, critiquing the players decision-making, positioning, and overall playstyle.

Not all of us are perfect at Halo. In fact, no one is. The difference between a pro and a casual player is that the pro wants to improve. Dragoon can help you do just that; even if it's not your replay being shown, trust me, you can learn a lot from others' mistakes. And without further ado, the showcase:

- - -

- - -

Here's a shorter video with five simple ways to improve:

- - - - - - -

I love how Dragoon combines helpful tips with a bit of humor (more like ridiculousness). If you enjoyed the content, you can subscribe here: youtube.com/user/bbkdragoon

- - -

I'll be back soon with more YouTube Shoutouts!

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

lol, Reach kid here. #NegRep

That's the one part I didn't like about his video :/

I think using that term is what kept/keeps people away from the community. In H3, if you got beat by someone you'd never heard of, it was, oh he's just a 3 kid, he'd never beat me at H2/CE. Reach was the same way and H4 is the same as well. It's a really bad habit to get into, hating on someone just because they picked up the game at a different time than you.

OT: my YouTube is youtube.com/mlgshzlss check it out, and let me know what you think

That's the one part I didn't like about his video :/

I think using that term is what kept/keeps people away from the community. In H3, if you got beat by someone you'd never heard of, it was, oh he's just a 3 kid, he'd never beat me at H2/CE. Reach was the same way and H4 is the same as well. It's a really bad habit to get into, hating on someone just because they picked up the game at a different time than you.

OT: my YouTube is youtube.com/mlgshzlss check it out, and let me know what you think

Theres waaaay too much segregation in this community. 

I can agree with that. I could post more, but honestly I'm really tired and can't think straight. 

I can agree with that. I could post more, but honestly I'm really tired and can't think straight. 

Haha, everything that could be said has already been said so you'd just be beating a dead horse.

I agree with that but it doesn't help that every Halo title has gotten progressively easier therefore making it easier for a player to find success.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree with that but it doesn't help that every Halo title has gotten progressively easier therefore making it easier for a player to find success.

The Halo games have undeniably gotten easier since CE, but shunning someone just because he was introduced to Halo late in its lifecycle will only cripple the community more than it is. I, for example, started in Reach but that hasn't stopped me from playing any all the other Halo games and, without trying to sound cocky, am decent at them. Long story short you should welcome newcomers if you ever want this community to grow, not discourage them and drive them away to CoD or whatever.

The Halo games have undeniably gotten easier since CE, but shunning someone just because he was introduced to Halo late in its lifecycle will only cripple the community more than it is. I, for example, started in Reach but that hasn't stopped me from playing any all the other Halo games and, without trying to sound cocky, am decent at them. Long story short you should welcome newcomers if you ever want this community to grow, not discourage them and drive them away to CoD or whatever.

I know, I was agreeing with you. I was just saying that because the games have gotten easier, I can see where players who played the earlier Halo games are coming from.

I know, I was agreeing with you. I was just saying that because the games have gotten easier, I can see where players who played the earlier Halo games are coming from.

Oh, sorry then ;)

The next YouTube I'd like to feature is ToastBombHalo. There are three things you need to know about his videos: 1) They usually provide you with helpful advice; 2) Toast Bomb has a toasty voice; 3) Insane outro music.

I really can't say any more other than that he is a dedicated uploader (daily uploads), knows a lot about strategy, and loves Halo. And now the showcase:

Toast Bomb is also doing a Halo experience series, getting a little taste of each Halo game's Campaign. Halo CE, 2, and 3 each got one video; he is currently uploading a full Legendary playthrough of Halo: Reach with his bug iSleepy. You can find his channel here: youtube.com/user/toastbombhalo

Check out my channel: www.youtube.com/scottwill19

Not the best commentator yet, but I am trying to improve. Up until recently I got people to cap for me, but I bought a cap card of my own, so I will be uploading content more frequently as well as uploading content of others to my channel.

<3 Crouch On! just noticed while trying to gather some new things to read. I appreciate the love Savage. 

Dom, you'd better be working on the next episode of the Viewpoint!

Check out this great Halo podcast series. Episode six comes out tomorrow!