Sign in to follow this  
ABR Halo Master

Evade Return For Halo 5 As A Pickup?

Evade Return  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to see Evade return in Halo 5?

• Both social and competitive play
    • Social playlists only
    • Neither

I really miss Evade in both social and competitive play. I think in both social and competitive Evade should be used as a pickup, since it is extremely useful and adds a lot to gameplay. The stuff you could pull off with/against someone with Evade was sick, and it always spiced up gameplay. What do you guys think about an Evade return in Halo 5, and in which playlists?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think Evade was a little too op, you could easily get out of dumb situations, but it was sure fun to use. Maybe for social play.

I think Evade was a little too op, you could easily get out of dumb situations, but it was sure fun to use. Maybe for social play.

If everyone started with it in social playlists it would be bad, but as a pickup would be really cool.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If everyone started with it in social playlists it would be bad, but as a pickup would be really cool.

It would still need a nerf, but yes it could be used.

Thruster Pack is better than Evade in every way. You don't turn into a Samus ball, roll 100 ft and you can't use it to launch yourself up a ramp. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thruster Pack is better than Evade in every way. You don't turn into a Samus ball, roll 100 ft and you can't use it to launch yourself up a ramp. 

Of course Thruster pack is better, it's not nearly as op as evade but still evade was fun to use. I would never wanna see it in competitive play, but if AA's return for Halo 5 i rather see evade instead of active camo. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you can only evade once and its a power weapon on map then deal. Buff all the balanced AA's and put them on map and they are good.

Jet Pack

Drop/Bubble/Regen Shield

Hardlight Shield

Hologram

Evade

Promethean Vision MAYBE for normal MM, not for competitive

Evade needs to be turned into a Power Weapon that has Ammo and given the option to edit the movement , so instead of having unlimited Evade. You should only have like 4 Evades and then it's gone and it only comes back up 1 minute after that person dies that way there is only one evade on the map the whole time.

Evade was really good just over powered with its unlimited ammo

I can not agree with having Evade return in any form, it just is not something I feel fits into Halo's Multiplayer and only works when it is used by AI Enemies such as Covenant Elites honestly.

Halo 4 actually made an improvement on Evade by introducing the Thruster pack. I would like to see Equipment return, H3 style, for social gametypes and Thruster being one of them. 

Evade was too OP, IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you can only evade once and its a power weapon on map then deal. Buff all the balanced AA's and put them on map and they are good.

Just because you put something on the map doesn't make it good for the game. Power items are there to encourage map movement, and more importantly, player confrontation. Adding in something that allows you to easily run from fights isn't good for the game, regardless of whether or not it has to be controlled by the players.

As a PICKUP only

Exactly, AA's don't fit into Halo. One pickup on the map works because teams can fight over it and control the item. When everyone can spawn with a different AA, it turns into a guessing game with chaotic gameplay.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just because you put something on the map doesn't make it good for the game. Power items are there to encourage map movement, and more importantly, player confrontation. Adding in something that allows you to easily run from fights isn't good for the game, regardless of whether or not it has to be controlled by the players.

A reduced speed, 1 movement evade would be far more balanced, and wouldn't make it easy to escape from a battle.

A reduced speed, 1 movement evade would be far more balanced, and wouldn't make it easy to escape from a battle.

Isn't that basically thrusters?

Jet Pack

Drop/Bubble/Regen Shield

Hardlight Shield

Hologram

Evade

Promethean Vision MAYBE for normal MM, not for competitive

Drop Shield is nearly as bad as Armor Lock, and Regen Field would need to be modified so that it only affects the user. The Hardlight Shield needs to be breakable, and Promethean Vision could possibly be replaced by my idea for the ODST VISR display used as an armor ability. On a separate forum I formulated a series of rules that armor abilities should not break; I'll quote myself here, so prepare yourselves for a lengthy post:

"Ten Commandments of Armor Abilities

- - - - - - -

1. The ability should directly affect only the player who uses it. Good: Thruster Pack Bad: Regeneration Field

- - -

2. The ability should not slow down game play. Good: Hologram Bad: Armor Lock

- - -

3. The ability should not break map movement, verticality, or maps in general. Good: Hardlight Shield Bad: Jetpack

- - -

4. The ability should not be a "crutch" for inexperienced players; otherwise, they will never learn. Good: Hologram Bad: Promethean Vision

- - -

5. The ability should not promote a defensive playstyle. Good: Thruster Pack Bad: Active Camouflage

- - -

6. The ability should not give the user an unfair advantage over another player. Good: Hologram Bad: Jetpack

- - -

7. The ability should not directly affect players for much longer than is needed for the ability to achieve its goal. Good: Evade Bad: Jetpack (Reach)

- - -

8. The ability should be able to be countered actively if it enhances player traits for a significant duration. Good: Hardlight Shield Bad: Armor Lock 

- - -

9. The ability should not be "overpowered," but neither should it be balanced to the point of uselessness. Good: Thruster Pack Bad: Auto Sentry

- - -

10. The ability should have a learning curve for it to be used effectively. Good: Hardlight Shield Bad: Promethean Vision

- - - - - - -

Ideas are good, but sometimes they can be bad, even down-right idiotic. I won't call anyone out, but the next time you think of some cool new gadget, make sure it fits these rules. - - - Side note: Sadly, it was much more difficult to find armor abilities that abode by these rules than it was to single out those that broke them."

Edit: Fixed the black highlighting. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Snip

I agree with mostly everything in that list, but I believe you are referring to spawning with AA's, not picking them up on map.

In which case, #6 and possibly #3 as well would be irrelevant.

An on map pickup should CERTAINLY give one player an advantage over another, and think of Jet Pack pick ups on maps like Countdown, Sanctuary, and Station 9. Because of the way the routes and maps are designed, it doesn't exactly break map flow, it just adds to the flow of the map for the player that went out of their way to pick up the ability.

Also, Promethean Vision is just super-radar, which is already (radar) in standard matchmaking playlists. For this reason, I feel like an "improvment" to the players radar would be a cool addition to standard maps... obviously it wouldn't fit in in competitive play.

I think Thruster Pack is too weak to be a pickup on map (who actually goes for it?) but something in between Thruster Pack and Evade would be nice. Distance in between Thruster/Evade, no going up ramps, one charge and you have to wait a few seconds.