AMAZING read! I might just have to bring this up on the Amateur Hour tonight. Very well put together and the thoughts were complete. Love it brutha!

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Ya know, I never understood (and still don't) the decision to stop movement while checking the score. What purpose does that serve? at all? In any way shape or form?

All points that have been brought up before, but nevertheless important as ever.

• Upvote (+1) 6

AMAZING read! I might just have to bring this up on the Amateur Hour tonight. Very well put together and the thoughts were complete. Love it brutha!

Thanks! I started to get off topic, but I wanted to be clear on what I think 343i should do now as a developer. I wouldn't be upset that they added in armor abilities, if that would have been the only big change. Instead they made probably 80 changes I could name off that now need to be fixed, removed, or altered in some way. Get back to the Halo :) Btw I'd love to come on the show sometime. I'll let you know sometime if I can make it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think we are in good shape.

-343 already had Ninja, Ghost, Neighbor testing the weapons update recently. They added the 2shot beatdown after feedback from them. 

-Bravo works there and can give input

-Look at this poll https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst211131_Should-Sprint-Flinch-stay-in-the-Halo-series.aspx

After the recent 2 months it seems they are listening to us so I see no reason to not be optimistic about Halos future.

Halo 5 RIP sprint and flinch :)

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Ya know, I never understood (and still don't) the decision to stop movement while checking the score. What purpose does that serve? at all? In any way shape or form?

All points that have been brought up before, but nevertheless important as ever.

I personally believe that is a programming error. There are many of these little issues in the game. Shoot somebody once with a br, pull out your sniper and have the guy you shot jump off the map. You might have no ammo in your sniper but you get a snapshot. This is because they programmed poorly. Should have had the game remember what hit him last, not what you currently have out. It's like 343i is playing chess, but they aren't looking 2 moves ahead, just at what they currently want to do. I could be wrong, just my point of view. Again, no disrespect to them.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think we are in good shape.

-343 already had Ninja, Ghost, Neighbor testing the weapons update recently. They added the 2shot beatdown after feedback from them. 

-Bravo works there and can give input

-Look at this poll https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst211131_Should-Sprint-Flinch-stay-in-the-Halo-series.aspx

After the recent 2 months it seems they are listening to us so I see no reason to not be optimistic about Halos future.

Halo 5 RIP sprint and flinch :)

I agree, but it's that moment when we find ourselves not criticizing, that's when they get the chance to think it isn't as bad or that they have another great idea. Just saying, we should never stop pushing as hard as we can for those bullet points. You can't tell me the game wouldn't be so much better or at least add a ton of hype if warriors and ambush were scrimming eachother on a Halo 5 beta, ghost helping with settings and salot helping with some maps. 1000x worth it and they should do it after E3 if we hear anything then. By the end of June they should be out there looking at what Halo 5 has to offer. So much early hype built up and those players would add so much to the value of the game. Think about this, jetpack has been in the last two Halo games. It is probably already in Halo 5 as I type this out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I personally believe that is a programming error. There are many of these little issues in the game. Shoot somebody once with a br, pull out your sniper and have the guy you shot jump off the map. You might have no ammo in your sniper but you get a snapshot. This is because they programmed poorly. Should have had the game remember what hit him last, not what you currently have out. It's like 343i is playing chess, but they aren't looking 2 moves ahead, just at what they currently want to do. I could be wrong, just my point of view. Again, no disrespect to them.

Well, no. You could very well be right. They obviously didn't want to use any features from Bungie and, by assumption, started from scratch. It could have just been something they forgot or something that they screwed up in final production that slipped passed testers. There's actually a lot of messed up stuff like you mentioned, although in Halo 3 if you stuck someone and then picked up the flag it gave you a flag kill. So that's not exactly new.

Go into the CTF playlist, and at the start of the game, read the objective screen. It doesn't say "Capture the enemy flag" it says  "Capture and the enemy flag" which is a very obvious typo that made it into the final product. So it's plausible that there were other screw up that made it through.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well, no. You could very well be right. They obviously didn't want to use any features from Bungie and, by assumption, started from scratch. It could have just been something they forgot or something that they screwed up in final production that slipped passed testers. There's actually a lot of messed up stuff like you mentioned, although in Halo 3 if you stuck someone and then picked up the flag it gave you a flag kill. So that's not exactly new.

Go into the CTF playlist, and at the start of the game, read the objective screen. It doesn't say "Capture the enemy flag" it says  "Capture and the enemy flag" which is a very obvious typo that made it into the final product. So it's plausible that there were other screw up that made it through.

Haha I've never noticed that typo. Another thing they need to fix is medals. I've had a guest controller not play the whole match and get 3 medals.. :/ The only upside is that now montages are about gameplay and not so much medals.

Haha I've never noticed that typo. Another thing they need to fix is medals. I've had a guest controller not play the whole match and get 3 medals.. :/ The only upside is that now montages are about gameplay and not so much medals.

As disgusting as that is, I totally believe it.

Point is, there's a lot of work to be done if Halo 5 is to be as good as it needs to be. But, I think we are at least looking in the right direction with the recent updates and bulletins.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What's up with Assists?!?!? I don't necessarily rage because I don't get an assist when I put 4 shots in the person, but I don't understand it...

What's up with Assists?!?!? I don't necessarily rage because I don't get an assist when I put 4 shots in the person, but I don't understand it...

For me, as long as I get all three bullets of my burst on the player I'll get an assist. I never understood Halo 3 assists though, and I do like getting a medal for an assist in game so you know.

For me, as long as I get all three bullets of my burst on the player I'll get an assist. I never understood Halo 3 assists though, and I do like getting a medal for an assist in game so you know.

Yeah, I like the new medals, but yeah... I just don't understand!!! lol

I agree with everything you said, it should all be removed from the matchmaking to make it a more classic, competitive experience. But i think armor abilities (with sprint being an AA) and ordnances should stay in the game as toggle-able custom game options, simply because you can make a ton of wacky and fun game types with those things. But i do think they should be removed from matchmaking, or maybe have their own selectable game mode within a playlist instead of having the whole slayer playlist be Infinity slayer. Example: 

Playlist:

-Team Slayer

Game Modes within TS:

-Classic Slayer: AR start for everyone (or SMG  ;) ). No multi load outs, Sprint or ordnances

-Slayer Pro: BR start for everyone. no multi load outs, Sprint or ordnances.

-Infinity Slayer: AR starts for everyone  No load outs. Still no sprint, (i believe sprint and load outs are game ruining and shouldn't be in any ranked matchmaking. If people wanna play multi load outs and sprint, they should play custom games. Or maybe it can be a playlist in the social section of matchmaking.) and ordnances enabled. But perhaps a more structured ordnance system, like the higher kill streak you achieve the better guns you get instead of random, so it takes some semblance of skill. (no getting rockets after 3 kills or something like that, maybe you have to get a 10 kill streak without dying to get a sniper or rocket ordnance).

Anyways thats just my 2 cents and ideas. sorry for the long post. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I still like the idea of ALL features on the game being toggle-able...

• Upvote (+1) 4

It's just sad that minor little additions to halo 4 and reach made them so much worse. Think about halo 4 with the weapon update , no flinch and descope. Would literally be one of the best halos ever.

Simplicity is key.

Much agreed. How was the lowdown? I was too busy playing to watch tonight. If you talked about this at all can you link me to the rebroadcast and what time you talked about it?

Great read man. I agree with all the points that you made, Halo isn't CoD and should never try to be like CoD. Also are you on HF? Your name seems familiar to me,

• Upvote (+1) 1

Have you ever had an enemy camping in the corner of a room and you sprint up to the doorway then jump to do a flying leap across the room while you simultaneously shoot him? Sprint can add some interesting new dynamics to gameplay but it only needs a duration of about a second. This way players can still perform sprint jumps but can't cross half the map to get to, or away, from battle.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Much agreed. How was the lowdown? I was too busy playing to watch tonight. If you talked about this at all can you link me to the rebroadcast and what time you talked about it?

It was pretty fun! All of em are uploaded on www.youtube.com/MArsunist, so you can head on over there and check out some previous ones as well :)

Great read man. I agree with all the points that you made, Halo isn't CoD and should never try to be like CoD. Also are you on HF? Your name seems familiar to me,

Thanks, and yea I'm on HF. Not very active anymore though.

Have you ever had an enemy camping in the corner of a room and you sprint up to the doorway then jump to do a flying leap across the room while you simultaneously shoot him? Sprint can add some interesting new dynamics to gameplay but it only needs a duration of about a second. This way players can still perform sprint jumps but can't cross half the map to get to, or away, from battle.

Junior said it. Simplicity is better. Halo CE was a simple game to learn with simple rules, but near impossible to master. That's what makes great games.

That's actually an interesting thought. I mean realistically it would only allow for a quick burst of speed to give players a quick jump or evade.

However, it also makes melees just as easy to get, if more predictable. Also, gives plenty of room for abuse of sword lunges and CQC weaponary/tactics

If this were to happen, it would have to be an AA, not a default.

That's actually an interesting thought. I mean realistically it would only allow for a quick burst of speed to give players a quick jump or evade.

However, it also makes melees just as easy to get, if more predictable. Also, gives plenty of room for abuse of sword lunges and CQC weaponary/tactics

If this were to happen, it would have to be an AA, not a default.

It's the same thing as thruster pack. It adds complexity that's not needed and makes maps more difficult to make unbreakable. No harm in testing it though.