Heres the thing, I think by now it would be a bad idea to completely remove the items listed (aside form flinch). Taking out loadouts, AAs, and other things we got from Reach and Halo 4 would be alienating the newest members of the Halo community. I agree with what others have said; "don't take everything out just make it toggle-able". This way you can still have the ability to make the fun and wacky customs and the random infinity slayer (AA's, Sprint, and Ordinances) for a social playlist. Then you can create the more classic games we all want back without fuss from the newer members.  

But I would also like to see along with the return of OS and Camo orbs (or old school pyramid and cube) Them having their own custom options. Halo is known for their custom options when it comes to game-types and forge. So! with that said I always loved the "burn" mechanic in Halo 3 and I think it would be nice for it to be an option to toggle on for the OS. Also instead of having game-type specific OS' just make an OS with the options the Custom has in Halo 3 but based on OS specific options. Better yet to make it easier just make one Orb with all the power-up options and the ability to change its color. 

I could go on and on with very simple changes and additions that would help make the development easier on 343i and the community but I don't feel like writing anymore than I have. Basically my point is that you can't just stay in your mindset of "This shit needs to go!" Because there are many who like the changes, but the good thing is there is a nice technique called "Toggle-able Options" That can save Halo and keep the community from splitting even more. 

P.S. I completely agree with the changes, I just need to make sure that you understand that these changes need to be made but made with proper responsibility and finesse. 343i is a company in the end and they need to retain and grow the audience they have, from the noobs to the pros.

They just need to release Halo 2: HD and everything would be solved. 

Heres the thing, I think by now it would be a bad idea to completely remove the items listed (aside form flinch). Taking out loadouts, AAs, and other things we got from Reach and Halo 4 would be alienating the newest members of the Halo community. I agree with what others have said; "don't take everything out just make it toggle-able". This way you can still have the ability to make the fun and wacky customs and the random infinity slayer (AA's, Sprint, and Ordinances) for a social playlist. Then you can create the more classic games we all want back without fuss from the newer members.  

But I would also like to see along with the return of OS and Camo orbs (or old school pyramid and cube) Them having their own custom options. Halo is known for their custom options when it comes to game-types and forge. So! with that said I always loved the "burn" mechanic in Halo 3 and I think it would be nice for it to be an option to toggle on for the OS. Also instead of having game-type specific OS' just make an OS with the options the Custom has in Halo 3 but based on OS specific options. Better yet to make it easier just make one Orb with all the power-up options and the ability to change its color. 

I could go on and on with very simple changes and additions that would help make the development easier on 343i and the community but I don't feel like writing anymore than I have. Basically my point is that you can't just stay in your mindset of "This shit needs to go!" Because there are many who like the changes, but the good thing is there is a nice technique called "Toggle-able Options" That can save Halo and keep the community from splitting even more. 

P.S. I completely agree with the changes, I just need to make sure that you understand that these changes need to be made but made with proper responsibility and finesse. 343i is a company in the end and they need to retain and grow the audience they have, from the noobs to the pros.

Good, they should not be playing Halo if they like the armor abilties that are in this game.

• Downvote (-1) 1

very well written totally agree.. I wish three four three would take the time to realize that their game doesn't have to be totally different for them to have a name in the gaming industry it just has to be good,competitive and fun.

i agree with this so much! for halo 5 they seriously need to up their game because i dont think i can take any more of this stuff that they keep messing up. 343i seriously need to listen to the community and get it all right first time instead of constant updates. all i want is a game like halo 2/3 and ill be happy

I'm going to keep this short and simple, sprint doesn't belong in Halo (don't stop reading though). Halo has a unique formula that plays amazingly well and not only draws players in, but maintains them. Sprint is not apart of that formula (neither are loadouts). Let me explain. To start, sprint, instant respawn, no descoping, and armor abilities are why small maps don't play well. With sprint you can get around the map much too quickly. Instant respawn allows you to just pick off enemies you leave one shot after getting out played. No descoping allows you to not miss and hit everything. Armor abilities give players get out of jail free cards, extra routes, and make maps more cluttered. We have dealt with instant respawn and armor abilities in the right way, next is descoping and sprint. Descoping will return in Halo 5, if it doesn't, then goodbye. Sprint we can deal with now though. It should be removed and pushed for no sprint in Halo 5. We need to focus on Halo 5 now. Right now is the early process of development. Loadouts and armor abilities have been in the last two Halos, we need to correct this. Back to sprint though, the most important issue with sprint is that it is near impossible to make a good map with sprint in Halo. Making fun maps is sooo much easier without sprint. 343i couldn't make more than one good map with sprint enabled.. Forgers are even having issues with it. The jumps that are possible with sprint, the routes that are easier, etc. Haven is a huge map if you weren't aware. Even in Halo 4 sprint needs to go. No sprint adds so much to gameplay. Remember the jump from plat to green in Halo 3? Pointless with sprint. Simple dynamics are lost with sprint. Sprint would ruin the good maps in Halo 3. How can you adjust the pit, narrows, construct, etc for sprint? You can't. Better maps, descoping, and in game ranks are top priority imo, and the best way to get better maps, is to remove sprint and add descoping back.

(The rest isn't just about sprint)

Also, please don't type adapt anywhere in any of your posts. It lowers everybody's IQ and I bought a Halo game. It should be the same in the core aspect of gameplay. New games should not change the core gameplay. When doing scientific experiments, scientists change one aspect and nothing else, that way they know what aspects work and which ones don't. 343i changed way too much, and at first we didn't know what worked and what didn't. As we filter through everything, we are finding our way home. If 343i wants to make their footprint on the Halo series, then release a Halo game. Don't change the gameplay, but add features. Add in game ranks, add a theater that works with multiple people, improve forge, work constantly on improving maps, add your own game mode (spartan ops/firefight/something better), add in spectator mode, etc. Add in features, don't change the gameplay. I don't mind spartan ops/mantis type updates because it is something new, but it doesn't break the game. Do these kinds of things, but don't detract from the Halo experience. Please learn from your mistakes, and do the following for gameplay reasons:

-remove flinch

-remove armor abilties

-remove loadouts

-remove sprint

-remove ordances

-add in descoping

-add in moving while holding back button

-add in camo/os orbs (maybe this is where you can get creative and add in other orbs)

-Spend more time on maps

-Bring in Warriors and Ambush mutiple times throughout Halo 5's development, as well as Salot, Ghostayame, Diesel, Gandhi, and Maven to test out maps, weapons, powerups/orbs, settings, new gametypes, old gametypes, functionality, etc. The best will find flaws first. Incourage them to talk directly to the big shots and those in charge. Make esports known throughout the entire office. Meet with MLG, AGL, UMG, and Ghostayame to make sure that the throwdown/competitive settings will be 95% the same with the casual settings. That's why Halos 1-3 were successful. The game was fun and competitive without changing anything. Do this, and you will be successful.

I don't think you could've said it any better. You killed it, sir. Now Ghost, take sprint out...#Salute

I'm not talking about Halo 4. In Halo 5 these should all be gone, no questions asked. Make them toggleable in customs, but they should never make it into matchmaking. I would rather them just be completely gone. From a business standpoint, there are more player that would come back than would quit. Not to mention the # of people who would buy an xbox one just because of Halo 5.

I agree but AAs should stay as ordinance that works.

I agree, but as far as Halo 5 goes it should all go.

Maybe Halo 5 will be better with the support of the community, but I think I'm going to go in a different direction and shoot for Destiny. I just don't think I want to put my trust in 343 again, I know they are finally doing something now, but why now? Yeah it's a different game now, and definitely better than what it was..I just think they should at least give us a beta or something, before they release their next game so we can get a feel of it, and see if we want to buy it; I'm just not going to go to a Midnight release and "hope for the best" so I guess I'm saying if they don't release some sort of beta, I'll have to wait a few weeks and watch how it plays out on Twitch(thankfully we have something like this).

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe Halo 5 will be better with the support of the community, but I think I'm going to go in a different direction and shoot for Destiny. I just don't think I want to put my trust in 343 again, I know they are finally doing something now, but why now? Yeah it's a different game now, and definitely better than what it was..I just think they should at least give us a beta or something, before they release their next game so we can get a feel of it, and see if we want to buy it; I'm just not going to go to a Midnight release and "hope for the best" so I guess I'm saying if they don't release some sort of beta, I'll have to wait a few weeks and watch how it plays out on Twitch(thankfully we have something like this).

I'm going to be very hesitant to get the xbox one, but I know I'll get destiny right away for my 360.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So what you're saying is to revert the gameplay completely back to Halo 3? That's what it sounds like.

So what you're saying is to revert the gameplay completely back to Halo 3? That's what it sounds like.

Revert it back to Halo gameplay, which Halo 3 had yes.

Revert it back to Halo gameplay, which Halo 3 had yes.

I just find it funny that Halo is all about evolved combat and everyone wants to devolve the combat back to 2007. If you want it to be that way solely based on the fact you want that kind of gameplay, I respect your opinion, I just hope you don't bring up talk of online numbers like a lot of other people do. This isn't 2007, I definitely foresee Halo still being around 6-4 on the LIVE chart because other titles are simply more popular. It's silly to forsake almost three years of experiments and lessons learned with the series. I don't know if it's the ONLY way to get Halo back up to number 1, but I believe one of the ways that'd be possible would be to build on past experience and not scrap it. 

I just find it funny that Halo is all about evolved combat and everyone wants to devolve the combat back to 2007. If you want it to be that way solely based on the fact you want that kind of gameplay, I respect your opinion, I just hope you don't bring up talk of online numbers like a lot of other people do. This isn't 2007, I definitely foresee Halo still being around 6-4 on the LIVE chart because other titles are simply more popular. It's silly to forsake almost three years of experiments and lessons learned with the series. I don't know if it's the ONLY way to get Halo back up to number 1, but I believe one of the ways that'd be possible would be to build on past experience and not scrap it. 

devolve? It's evolved because of how it's so simple and difficult to master. Talking about the online numbers, the numbers only went up until they messed it up with reach (can't dispute that). What we learned is to not mess with the core of the game, and to just add in features or tweak one aspect.

We play video games to escape reality, these game developers need to stop bringing real life into the VIDEO GAME...

Just had to get that out lol...but yeah.....

Sprint sucks, its one of many reasons why i don't enjoy halo 4

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm going to keep this short and simple, sprint doesn't belong in Halo (don't stop reading though). Halo has a unique formula that plays amazingly well and not only draws players in, but maintains them. Sprint is not apart of that formula (neither are loadouts). Let me explain. To start, sprint, instant respawn, no descoping, and armor abilities are why small maps don't play well. With sprint you can get around the map much too quickly. Instant respawn allows you to just pick off enemies you leave one shot after getting out played. No descoping allows you to not miss and hit everything. Armor abilities give players get out of jail free cards, extra routes, and make maps more cluttered. We have dealt with instant respawn and armor abilities in the right way, next is descoping and sprint. Descoping will return in Halo 5, if it doesn't, then goodbye. Sprint we can deal with now though. It should be removed and pushed for no sprint in Halo 5. We need to focus on Halo 5 now. Right now is the early process of development. Loadouts and armor abilities have been in the last two Halos, we need to correct this. Back to sprint though, the most important issue with sprint is that it is near impossible to make a good map with sprint in Halo. Making fun maps is sooo much easier without sprint. 343i couldn't make more than one good map with sprint enabled.. Forgers are even having issues with it. The jumps that are possible with sprint, the routes that are easier, etc. Haven is a huge map if you weren't aware. Even in Halo 4 sprint needs to go. No sprint adds so much to gameplay. Remember the jump from plat to green in Halo 3? Pointless with sprint. Simple dynamics are lost with sprint. Sprint would ruin the good maps in Halo 3. How can you adjust the pit, narrows, construct, etc for sprint? You can't. Better maps, descoping, and in game ranks are top priority imo, and the best way to get better maps, is to remove sprint and add descoping back.

(The rest isn't just about sprint)

Also, please don't type adapt anywhere in any of your posts. It lowers everybody's IQ and I bought a Halo game. It should be the same in the core aspect of gameplay. New games should not change the core gameplay. When doing scientific experiments, scientists change one aspect and nothing else, that way they know what aspects work and which ones don't. 343i changed way too much, and at first we didn't know what worked and what didn't. As we filter through everything, we are finding our way home. If 343i wants to make their footprint on the Halo series, then release a Halo game. Don't change the gameplay, but add features. Add in game ranks, add a theater that works with multiple people, improve forge, work constantly on improving maps, add your own game mode (spartan ops/firefight/something better), add in spectator mode, etc. Add in features, don't change the gameplay. I don't mind spartan ops/mantis type updates because it is something new, but it doesn't break the game. Do these kinds of things, but don't detract from the Halo experience. Please learn from your mistakes, and do the following for gameplay reasons:

-remove flinch

-remove armor abilties

-remove loadouts

-remove sprint

-remove ordances

-add in descoping

-add in moving while holding back button

-add in camo/os orbs (maybe this is where you can get creative and add in other orbs)

-Spend more time on maps

-Bring in Warriors and Ambush mutiple times throughout Halo 5's development, as well as Salot, Ghostayame, Diesel, Gandhi, and Maven to test out maps, weapons, powerups/orbs, settings, new gametypes, old gametypes, functionality, etc. The best will find flaws first. Incourage them to talk directly to the big shots and those in charge. Make esports known throughout the entire office. Meet with MLG, AGL, UMG, and Ghostayame to make sure that the throwdown/competitive settings will be 95% the same with the casual settings. That's why Halos 1-3 were successful. The game was fun and competitive without changing anything. Do this, and you will be successful.

I made this thread back http://www.halocouncil.com/community/index.php?/topic/11877-d-sprint-and-how-it-single-handily-killed-halo/

in December somewhere around the time I finally gave up Halo after a good 7-8 years of playing multiple times every week.

It's not that we get to old and don't have time. It's that halo became shit. Whatever the next halo is, I can promise will not have original trilogy like gameplay. They will add on other unnecessary crap to replace anything that is removed. Sprint isn't going anywhere and it's the most prominent reason halo isn't fun to play anymore, so why stick around?

• Upvote (+1) 1

They just need to release Halo 2: HD and everything would be solved. 

Rumors say they may just do that.  :gandhi:

Sprint also completely takes away the ability for a team to set up in a slayer game and hold a power position,

Could you imagine how dumb Construct TS would have played if you could just have 3 people sprint from back gold to closed purple in 3 seconds?

Or if you could just sprint down long-hall at 80 mph on Pit Slayer?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Could you imagine how dumb Construct TS would have played if you could just have 3 people sprint from back gold to closed purple in 3 seconds?

Or if you could just sprint down long-hall at 80 mph on Pit Slayer?

Insert any 4v4 map in halo's history before Reach and everyone of them would be ruined. Sprint is an abomination to this franchise.

Insert any 4v4 map in halo's history before Reach and everyone of them would be ruined. Sprint is an abomination to this franchise.

It was horrible in Reach, less horrible in H4, but should 100% be removed in H5. Same goes for loadouts. Sprint and loadouts should be phased out and should be custom game options in H5.

It was horrible in Reach, less horrible in H4, but should 100% be removed in H5. Same goes for loadouts. Sprint and loadouts should be phased out and should be custom game options in H5.

like they were in Reach? 343 really took some steps back. I don't understand why they would try and re-invent halo with the choices they made (removing features we had for years, changing mechanics, etc.) but I hope they make a Halo game, a real one...and nothing else on their next try.

• Upvote (+1) 1

like they were in Reach? 343 really took some steps back. I don't understand why they would try and re-invent halo with the choices they made (removing features we had for years, changing mechanics, etc.) but I hope they make a Halo game, a real one...and nothing else on their next try.

You misunderstood. They should not be in any gametypes in matchmaking, but should be available in customs for that part of the community that makes the crazy custom games.