CyReN

E3 2013 Discussion

For those who wanted to watch the video above ^

just YouTube search the title of it and there's multiple versions, just uploaded by different channels. 2nd one down worked for me.

Poor people should have more concerns than spending their money on an xbox.

What Microsoft is doing in the long run will be looked at as the future of purchasing games and licensing on consoles, they aren't entirely idiotic and aren't trying to insult you, they're instituting a massive change, and change is always met with hate.

Everything in this industry may change time and time again, but basic philosophy of competitive games geared toward longevity is going to remain very much as it has been. Sony won the crowd back in three minutes of bullet points, whooping and hollering of rent-a-crowd in E3 felt forced as always, but reaction to PlayStation's stance on used games, DRM, sharing, and online connections was genuine.

PlayStation's biggest selling point is actually a last-gen feature and in spirit of capitalism Sony took first step in driving the price down, though free online multiplayer would have just been brutal to Microsoft's war on poor people, and ought to have been. Ironically, the original Xbox gained popularity because Halo CE was passed around dorm rooms like a cheap whore. Lending = more buyers.

What happens ten years down the road when Halo 5-10 Xbone no longer exists - Xbone 2 not being backwards compatible (they have yet to make a backwards compatible console) - are servers going to be up forever? No. Once it's no longer profitable Xbone will no longer be supported, and when that's not supported the Xbox exclusives will die, if a game is uploaded to the cloud it's gone forever. All of these decisions are software decisions and they can change any of these, but chose not to. The internet dark age has been created. Long live indie!

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

To the people who use Steam as a legitimate argument as being the same as DRM. Stop, cause it's not. Steam are digital downloads so ofcourse you can't sell them, but you can still play your single player games offline and you can still let your friends play your both online games while they are not online and offline games while they are online since you can play them offline and still access the library of games you downloaded. Don't forget Steam sells games at ridiculously cheap prices while M$ charges you $60-$70.

Sonys PSN is closer to Steam than Xbox Ones DRM cause Sony let's you share digital downloads with one other friend while you're on your account and they on there's whether it's games that need online or don't. They all give away free games if you have PS+ and sell games also really cheap prices. I bought Borderlands with all the DLC which for brandnew was $40 and i bought it for like $15 cause i had PS+.

The only reason i game on 360 more is because of the XBL ecosystem which Sony looks like they fixed, being able to do party chat which Sony is now doing and cause Halo, but Halo sucks now so Halo doesn't matter to me anymore until they make a good Halo.

Sony won't have DRM! 

You keep saying it over and over and over, but they just admitted to possibly having it. Sony has played you and so many people for fools it is hilarious. I'm just so impressed with how they have passed their console on this thing that the XboxOne doesn't compare to and people like you are just gobbling it up. A true peasant. 

You also like to mention Indie devs. I'll recount to you the best 3 indie games that were shown. Xbox has and will continue to hold onto the best indie games in the world. They absolutely killed the Playstation 3 when it came to having developers. 
Minecraft (Xbox exclusive)
Plants Vs Zombies (Xbox exclusive)
Peggle 2 (Xbox exclusive)

Now you want to talk about power, but you are completely forgetting the cloud computing that the XboxOne is allowing for. Their cloud is giving companies the ability to make these games 3-4 more times powerful than just the specs inside allow. Do you not remember how many teams mentioned what they were doing with the cloud when it came to AI and so many other things? Go listen to the Titanfall interviews today and he talks about working with the cloud. 

Now we can get into exclusives again, but it is a dead argument. 
There is a reason the PS4 showed a bunch of multi-platform games as headliners and tried to pass them off as "exclusive." They don't believe in games like Killzone, Infamous, etc to sell their system. That is why we saw AC3, KH, FF, Destiny, etc as their BIG titles.  

And my god is their UI terrible still. It is sad they have never been able to figure that out on any platform. Not to mention they are now charging for PSN which was a huge reason why it was going to be so much better before E3 and their announcement and everyone has backed off like they weren't using it in their argument. Not to mention Xbox has picked up on the best parts of PS+ over the last couple of months (free games and sales). 

Now you keep saying Xbox isn't trying to make things like steam, but you're wrong. You're so wrong it makes my brain hurt. They have already started to focus the 360 on sales and weekly deals. They started out as kinda crappy deals, but we have started to see week long deals of some of the best games and Arcades titles 50 and 60% off. You act like Steam releases a game and 2 days later it is half price. It doesn't work like that. You still have full price games around when they launch that slowly go on sale for a day or get discounted. Xbox is trying to emulate that while still offering the disc for people who are more comfortable having it. They also have cleared up sharing with friends, family, and others but you obviously haven't taken the time to really read up on it as you are still spewing the same garbage Sony wants you to believe.

Sony has the price point going for them and if you are really worried about connecting to the internet, obviously buy their system. But that isn't a big deal for 95% of the population. All of these people pissed off about connecting to the internet are complaining on the damn internet day and night. It isn't an issue in society today. 

I understand you don't want the xbox, but rehashing a bunch of 1 in 100,000 situations and bending arguments against the XboxOne is getting real old. They are both doing things incredibly well. Both has some HUGE positives and some Huge negatives. Overall though most of the reasons the XboxOne is being shouted at are just silly misunderstandings and made up lies.

Use your comprehension skills. I didn't say Sony doesn't have DRM i said they don't enforce it. If i did say they don't well i know i also made it clear i meant enforce by using that word. There's possibilities of DRM yeah. BUt guess waht publishers could have used DRM this gen, kinda like what EA did. So i don't expect a bunch of publishers to start pushing DRM on their games cause they want people to buy it. It is a BIG difference when Sony doesn't enforce it while Xbox One does. The Xbox One console is designed to make publishers use DRM, their first party games and third party games while the PS4s first party games don't have it while the Xbox One does. I think a big reason why Sony had to allow this is because EA will definitely be pressing DRM and you can't lose that publisher, they're just too big. So yes you will see DRM from EA, but games like KH3 and FF15 i highly highly doubt it.

PS4 not enforcing DRM > Xbox One trying to start the trend of DRM and enforcing it to all game.

You say people it;s not a problem for the majority, but everyone is saying PS4 > Xbox One. It's not whether they have internet or not, it's that they are forcing to have intnernet. "I ain't you ***** M$ don't tell me what i need when i don't". You how ever say "What ever i don't care i have internet and I LOVE HALO". I love Halo too, but Halo is a pretty bad MP experience now and i'm not spending $500 ona  console that enforces DRM and has a Kinect that is useless to me that watches me while i'm gaming. I have nothing to hide, but it's creepy as fuck that hackers can watch you and M$ could be watching you at anytime. Sure you can "deactivate it", but it's still connected to the console while it's running which means it's still has the potential to be turned back on from somewhere else like a webcam on a computer.

Whatever buy the Xbox, spend more money on an inferior system that supports DRM, fuck it. But it is scary to think that if this DRM thing is successful for M$ because people still blindly give their money to them that it's only going to get worse and worse, which it probably will cause it's already pretty bad that you can't even borrow your freakin game to your friend. M$ is taking your rights away from you and you're just bending over and saying "fuck me M$".

• Upvote (+1) 1

doom never fails to amuse me.

There is honestly no point in responding to him anymore when he fails to address a single point. Just rehashes the same old argument that you responded to 3-4 times. 

I'm just going to leave it be and hopefully we can strike up some talk about what has been happening the last couple of days. 

On that note, I am happy to hear about the improvements to both controllers, but my preference is really leaning toward the 360 still. Shape, stick layout, and button improvements seem to have gone a long way to improving something that was nearly perfect. 

Was excited to see Bayonetta 2, Saints Row 4, and Thief over the last 2 days. Although I probably won't be picking up thief. It looks like a lower tier Dishonored. Definitely will be picking up a Wii U here soon though. Finally are showing those first party games that keep that system alive. 

There is honestly no point in responding to him anymore when he fails to address a single point. Just rehashes the same old argument that you responded to 3-4 times. 

I'm just going to leave it be and hopefully we can strike up some talk about what has been happening the last couple of days. 

On that note, I am happy to hear about the improvements to both controllers, but my preference is really leaning toward the 360 still. Shape, stick layout, and button improvements seem to have gone a long way to improving something that was nearly perfect. 

Was excited to see Bayonetta 2, Saints Row 4, and Thief over the last 2 days. Although I probably won't be picking up thief. It looks like a lower tier Dishonored. Definitely will be picking up a Wii U here soon though. Finally are showing those first party games that keep that system alive.

I'm sorry you fail acknowledge what i've said and counter my points. You guys say "DRM is like Steam" I says it's not, i ebalorate and then you ignore it. You guys continue to ingore everything i say, spew the same bull shit so i have to continue to use my same argment which i am confident in.

To me it jut sounds like youi're willing to bend over cause you want to play Halo. Just admit that M$ made you their bitch cause you want to play Halo. I don't mean to be insulting, but that is what M$ is doing and that's how they're treating their consumer. "Yes i know you don't like DRM, but ahhhh fuck it i know i you're gonna buy it anyways so fuck your concerns".

I just flat out hate the Xbox, it urks me that Halo is on the Xbox. It's more my absolute hate for Microsoft then the Xbox but yeah.

Yeah i am extremely offended by M$'s approach to console gamers, i don't want people buying the console i want them to learn from their mistakes. They won't if people give them their money.

And I don't think anyone is in here trying to change minds, at least I'm not, but we are here to share the information, our thoughts on the information, and to clear up any misinformation.

You hate the Xbox or Microsoft or both and that is fine, but we all should agree that at the very least we should get the facts straight. Even though some of this is 100% opinion based and we all are capable of being bias one way or another.

No i am trying to change peopels minds. I fear for console gaming if this DRM approach is successful. I want M$ to learn from their mistakes just like i want 343i to learn from their mistakes which is why i won't be buying Halo 5. I wasn't against M$ till now. I bought a 360 before PS3 cause i didn't want to wait for the 80gb PS3. I've games more than i have on my PS3, but i truly am skeptical of the future for console gaming. PCs are alerady more superior than the console in terms of hardware, but this DRM makes the Xbox One irrelevant. Halo 5 is the only game that stops people from going full PC or switching to the PS4.

• Downvote (-1) 5

You also like to mention Indie devs. I'll recount to you the best 3 indie games that were shown. Xbox has and will continue to hold onto the best indie games in the world. They absolutely killed the Playstation 3 when it came to having developers. 

Minecraft (Xbox exclusive)

Plants Vs Zombies (Xbox exclusive)

Peggle 2 (Xbox exclusive)

Really Pants Vs Zombies is an exclusive? That's werid cause i could've sworn that i have Plants vs Zombies on my PS3 that i got for free cause of PS+

Journey is a huge indie gamae that is exclusive for Sony. Flower as well.

Sony never has and still doesn't win in Indie games. The burden of proof for having good indie support is on them. Xbox has already proved it.

This isn't what Sony is saying this was indie devs have been saying. They can self publish which is HUGE. I've been watching a lot of stuff and analysts and journalists say this and i'm sure that they aren't getting paid from Sony to say that.

Transistor is PS4/PC only. PS4 also has Outlast, Daybreak and Blacklight Retribution. PS4 also allows self publishing.

Warframe is also another F2P that is coming to PS4 at launch. I hope Tekken:R is going to be moved from PS3 to PS4 which is another big F2P.

Do you honestly not know how to formulate an argument? This is the exact flame war we talked about not even an entire page ago.

I already said I was going to drop it when you failed to refute any point I posted and just posted the same thing for the 3-4 time. I am sticking to that. 

There is no point in arguing with someone who is so set in their ways they can't even begin to acknowledge the other side. It's pointless. 

I've already said I am buying and have pre order the PS4. So once again you trying to frame me as some fan boy it just a poor reflection of both you as a person and your argument. 

Each system has huge positives going for it. I am focusing on those in my decision to buy both as the negatives won't have a big impact on my life or the lives of so many others. 

You can continue to respond to what I say, but there is no point in arguing with someone who approaches a disagreement like you are approaching it. With an absolutely close mind. I won't be responding again. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anyways, I haven't been watching E3, has their been anything new with Destiny and Titanfall?

There have been some interviews and things like that, but it seems like they released the game play that they were going to release. I haven't looked all that hard though. 

How do people feel about Destiny? I was honestly somewhat underwhelmed as I felt like it was just trying to capture the popularity of Borderlands in a Halo like universe. I am excited to play it, but I guess I was ready for something more. 

this is all very familiar , I feel like I am watching 343 destroy halo again but now its m$ destroy xbox 

every new piece of info released makes it worse 

There have been some interviews and things like that, but it seems like they released the game play that they were going to release. I haven't looked all that hard though. 

How do people feel about Destiny? I was honestly somewhat underwhelmed as I felt like it was just trying to capture the popularity of Borderlands in a Halo like universe. I am excited to play it, but I guess I was ready for something more. 

I liked how people could just basically walk up and join your party, that was cool. I also heard that Multiplayer is a bunch of people meet in a open field and start fighting or something like that.

eX7F7kS.jpg

I feel sorry for those Xbox Support guys, they can't say shit in response to that sort of stuff. Still funny at how Microsoft are handling the whole situation, though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Killer instinct may get me into fighting games. Damn.

But, more realistically, Titanfall may steal my heart. It looks absolutely inredible.

Are the guys in charge of Support ********? That's not how you talk to a customer.

You have to realize that ever since the Sony conference ended, the support guys have been getting a lot of shit from people who don't even want an Xbox anyway and are just talking to them to troll them. It isn't fair because most of the support guys probably didn't even see what the Xbox One looked like before hand, and they have absolutely no say in what happened with its policy, yet they take a huge brunt of shit from internet trolls. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I believe the PS4 has a headset jack, therefore compatible with current headsets, while xbox has a special jack. Just more issues.

• Upvote (+1) 2

touchpad-ps4-controller.jpg

Controller Jack = Current headsets work

20130514-XBOX-ONE-003-660x440.jpg

No controller Jack. 

<_<  <_<  <_<  <_<

• Upvote (+1) 2

If Xbox didn't have halo this would be the easiest switch ever.

• Upvote (+1) 4