CyReN

E3 2013 Discussion

Not sure if sarcasm, but I agree.

Also, the PS4 U.I. got leaked and it looks garbage IMO. 

Luckily the X1 will have a menu like 360's except customizable.

Just saw the video and if that really is PS4's UI... Damn.  The only feature I saw worth taking was threaded messaging.  UI is a small factor for a console, but I am so thankful Microsoft has there shit together with a good UI.

All PS4 has is a smidge better RAM... and a lot of people like the exclusives for Xbox a lot (Quantum Break, Ryse, etc.)

The GDDR5 has the potential to blow the DDR3 out of the water. I'm still really skeptical about Ryse. I'm afraid it's going to turn into several quicktime events one after the other. Not enough information about Quantum Break yet. Titanfall looked amazing, but won't be out until 6 months after the console. I do like the Infamous series and Killzone looked pretty good. I think they were about even exclusive wise. Plus the indie support on PS4, PS +, and Planetside 2 being free on the PS4 helps. 

Anyone I know in the military at a foreign base has internet access.

Also, that percent of the population is .0000001%

this is a 100% correct statement, alot of my friends that went into the military are on internet more than i am.

Majority's opinion rules. 

Majority rules is a phrase used when a decision needs to be made. This is a question referring to preference. 

And while we are talking opinions, I feel that Sony was kind of just trying to slap MS in the face their whole conference. "We're going to talk about 40 games today!" 20 of the games were Indie games, and many were cross platform.

Then they talked about music and movies...

Then they were like ha! We let you do used games! and a day later they say... "Yeah publishers can choose to enforce DRM'

IMO, Sony just talks big... I didn't like their games... I didn't think they won.

There IS a decision being made. "Who won E3" "alright cast your votes" "DING DING DING" "The winner is SONY"!

Indie games is a big deal right now and they make a lot of money for the consoles. If Sony gets a lot of indie developers for their console (which they are) it's a good thing. They listened to the fans, they listen to analysts and journalists.

Sony was GENIUS for acknowledging the DRM isssue. This is exactly what the consumer and everyone wanted to hear. M$ were idiots for not addressing the concern. If you're going to enforce something ridiculously unnecessary tell us why you're doing it and try to sell it to us. If there is a positive from DRM(which there isn't) no one knows that.

They talked about movies and music, that's okay, that's fine, that's what happens at conferences. They talked about movies and music for like 15 minutes. If you didn't notive they didn't drag it on and get into a bunch of detail. People don't buy the PS3 JUST for gaming so they need to address the stuff that sells.

I don't think you quite understand... Sonys first party games will not have DRM because it's not enforced like it is on the Xbox One. I'm pretty sure this policy(as someone said in the thread) that this was always allowed. Just like how EA games have EA passes. Most games don't do it so it's not a concern for the PS4, but it definitely is on the Xbox One because how they designed their console.

Sony did a fine job of telling what's coming out 1 by one quick and easy then showing off some games and instead of talking about each one they just showed them off. Xbox Ones conference felt like it had no enthusiasm.

Not a lot of people were extremely impressed by Xbox Ones exclusives anyways, the best games that were shown at E3 were multi-playform anyway. I'm talking about both consoles. The infamous series is an amazing one and if you never played infamous you should. I think Knack has the potential to be the next "Ratchet and Clank"(quircky, but fun story line and fun game play). I'm not saying that made an influence on the conference i'm just saying from seeing the gameplay.

Xbox Ones BIG moment was Titan Fall which won't be coming out on launch, will be for the 360 and will be on the PC. Don't forget the outrageous price tag of $499.99 that was announced that no one liked. You get to buy DRM, a Kinect that you probably don't really want that spies on you(or has the potential anyways) and an inferior system for $499.99!

The Sonys big moment, which was HUGE was the announcement of their price when they announced that it will be $399.99. I'm pretty sure selling a superior system for $399.99 outweighs Titan Fall.

At the conference in 1995 it was Sega vs Sony. Sony was brand new the gaming industry this is when they announced the PlaySation. So Sega and PlayStation both were going to announce their console. The Sega Saturn and the PlayStation, the Sega Saturn was being sold for $399.99 while the PS1 which they had thought was going to be more expensive had a tag price of $299.99. This is one of the biggest anouncements ever and this is almost similar. I was watching game trailers and they somewhat compared it to the 1995 conference.

I'm not too sure who they were, but one was a publisher, and the others i'm sure were respected in the gaming industry, either publsihers as well or writers or something. They all gave the Xbox One conference a C, they gave the Sony conference an A. The internet also agreed with a poll giving Sony the top rank at the conferences and i think it has more pre-orders than the Xbox One.

So like i said, you can have your opinion, but Sony won. The better games are multi platform and i'm pretty sure they are gonna want to play on the stronger, cheaper console that doesn't enforce DRM.

If you want my opinion i was impressed at first by Xbox Ones conference with all the games, but with the thought of DRM in the back of my mind the whole time it didn't make it that special, especially since i'll be able to play their BIG game on my 360. And it won't even be at launch with the Xbox One.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Sony won't have DRM! 

You keep saying it over and over and over, but they just admitted to possibly having it. Sony has played you and so many people for fools it is hilarious. I'm just so impressed with how they have passed their console on this thing that the XboxOne doesn't compare to and people like you are just gobbling it up. A true peasant. 

You also like to mention Indie devs. I'll recount to you the best 3 indie games that were shown. Xbox has and will continue to hold onto the best indie games in the world. They absolutely killed the Playstation 3 when it came to having developers. 

Minecraft (Xbox exclusive)

Plants Vs Zombies (Xbox exclusive)

Peggle 2 (Xbox exclusive)

Now you want to talk about power, but you are completely forgetting the cloud computing that the XboxOne is allowing for. Their cloud is giving companies the ability to make these games 3-4 more times powerful than just the specs inside allow. Do you not remember how many teams mentioned what they were doing with the cloud when it came to AI and so many other things? Go listen to the Titanfall interviews today and he talks about working with the cloud. 

Now we can get into exclusives again, but it is a dead argument. 

There is a reason the PS4 showed a bunch of multi-platform games as headliners and tried to pass them off as "exclusive." They don't believe in games like Killzone, Infamous, etc to sell their system. That is why we saw AC3, KH, FF, Destiny, etc as their BIG titles.  

And my god is their UI terrible still. It is sad they have never been able to figure that out on any platform. Not to mention they are now charging for PSN which was a huge reason why it was going to be so much better before E3 and their announcement and everyone has backed off like they weren't using it in their argument. Not to mention Xbox has picked up on the best parts of PS+ over the last couple of months (free games and sales). 

Now you keep saying Xbox isn't trying to make things like steam, but you're wrong. You're so wrong it makes my brain hurt. They have already started to focus the 360 on sales and weekly deals. They started out as kinda crappy deals, but we have started to see week long deals of some of the best games and Arcades titles 50 and 60% off. You act like Steam releases a game and 2 days later it is half price. It doesn't work like that. You still have full price games around when they launch that slowly go on sale for a day or get discounted. Xbox is trying to emulate that while still offering the disc for people who are more comfortable having it. They also have cleared up sharing with friends, family, and others but you obviously haven't taken the time to really read up on it as you are still spewing the same garbage Sony wants you to believe.

Sony has the price point going for them and if you are really worried about connecting to the internet, obviously buy their system. But that isn't a big deal for 95% of the population. All of these people pissed off about connecting to the internet are complaining on the damn internet day and night. It isn't an issue in society today. 

I understand you don't want the xbox, but rehashing a bunch of 1 in 100,000 situations and bending arguments against the XboxOne is getting real old. They are both doing things incredibly well. Both has some HUGE positives and some Huge negatives. Overall though most of the reasons the XboxOne is being shouted at are just silly misunderstandings and made up lies. 

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

PS4 has better indie games though. Minecraft is obviously huge but they have many good devs on board for Sony. PS4 is cheaper, is more powerful (hardware), and doesn't have very many restrictions. This doesn't mean it will be better in the long run but it means that the PS4 has immediate good will.

PS4 has better indie games though. Minecraft is obviously huge but they have many good devs on board for Sony. PS4 is cheaper, is more powerful (hardware), and doesn't have very many restrictions. This doesn't mean it will be better in the long run but it means that the PS4 has immediate good will.

Please explain the Indie games they have that compare to PvZ, Peggle, and Minecraft. They showed a lot of lesser games, and the biggest one they highlighted, Transistor, is multiplatform. 

Sony never has and still doesn't win in Indie games. The burden of proof for having good indie support is on them. Xbox has already proved it. 

PS4 is cheaper. You got me there. 

It has the better in box hardware, but everyone fails to factor in cloud computing which Microsoft has really focused on. That is huge when it comes to looking at the specs of these systems and something MS has been focusing on a lot more than Sony. 

We can get into the restrictions again, and I understand that they are uneeded, but they don't impact most people and that is a fact. 

Please explain the Indie games they have that compare to PvZ, Peggle, and Minecraft. They showed a lot of lesser games, and the biggest one they highlighted, Transistor, is multiplatform.

Sony never has and still doesn't win in Indie games. The burden of proof for having good indie support is on them. Xbox has already proved it.

PS4 is cheaper. You got me there.

It has the better in box hardware, but everyone fails to factor in cloud computing which Microsoft has really focused on. That is huge when it comes to looking at the specs of these systems and something MS has been focusing on a lot more than Sony.

We can get into the restrictions again, and I understand that they are uneeded, but they don't impact most people and that is a fact.

Transistor is PS4/PC only. PS4 also has Outlast, Daybreak and Blacklight Retribution. PS4 also allows self publishing.

Transistor is PS4/PC only. PS4 also has Outlast, Daybreak and Blacklight Retribution. PS4 also allows self publishing.

It is coming to PS4/PC first. Not exclusively. 

2 survival horror games (which is a genre that doesn't perform very well) and a mediocre free to play FPS. Compared to the Xbox exclusives it is a bunch of crap. Especially since there was a lot of doubt out there when it came to the final product Daybreak would put out. 

What self-published game did you play on PS3 or Xbox 360? People keep bringing this up and hardly anyone played with any regularity the games that were being self published on both systems. 

This thread is gonna turn into a huge fanboy flame war.

It already is, but some of us are trying to be reasonable and there has been some great discussion. 

I already pre-ordered both consoles, but am annoyed at how much hate the XboxOne is garnering for a lot of perceived issues and from misinformation. 

It already is, but some of us are trying to be reasonable and there has been some great discussion. 

I already pre-ordered both consoles, but am annoyed at how much hate the XboxOne is garnering for a lot of perceived issues and from misinformation. 

I just flat out hate the Xbox, it urks me that Halo is on the Xbox. It's more my absolute hate for Microsoft then the Xbox but yeah.

I just flat out hate the Xbox, it urks me that Halo is on the Xbox. It's more my absolute hate for Microsoft then the Xbox but yeah.

And I don't think anyone is in here trying to change minds, at least I'm not, but we are here to share the information, our thoughts on the information, and to clear up any misinformation.

You hate the Xbox or Microsoft or both and that is fine, but we all should agree that at the very least we should get the facts straight. Even though some of this is 100% opinion based and we all are capable of being bias one way or another. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

And I don't think anyone is in here trying to change minds, at least I'm not, but we are here to share the information, our thoughts on the information, and to clear up any misinformation.

You hate the Xbox or Microsoft or both and that is fine, but we all should agree that at the very least we should get the facts straight. Even though some of this is 100% opinion based and we all are capable of being bias one way or another. 

+

Almost all of this discussion is opinion based, there is no right or wrong for;

• Views on 'better exclusives'
  • Views 'better indy games'
  • Viewpoint on how DRM will work out for both consoles
  • Assessing the impact of 24hour online check ins
  • Assessment of the aesthetic and functional qualities of UI
  • 'Value for money'

This needs to be recognized before this thread devolves into a stalemate slanging match.

it's not even about poor people, what about soldiers who love xbox?

guess their shit out of luck

m$ is going to lose because they are actively excluding people

almost all military bases have wifi/internet.

I feel like all hope has gone out the window

What did this video say before it got taken down

Also- free online was a really huge positive for me on Sony's part. I guess it'll improve their online experience though, but yeah double edged.

I like the article, especially the part about this:

All of the feedback from player’s online flow into the reputation service to evaluate a players online social reputation. The more hours you play online without causing others to have a horrible time the better your reputation will be, similar to the more hours your drive without an accident the better your driving record and insurance rates will be. Most players will have good reputations and be seen as “green” good players you’d enjoy playing with. Even those good players might receive a few player feedback reports each month and that is OK. Xbox Live is looking to identify players that are repeatedly disruptive on Xbox Live. We’ll identify those players with a lower reputation score and in the worse cases they will earn the “avoid me” reputation. Looking at someone’s gamer card you’ll be able to quickly see their reputation.

Smart Match sees their Xbox Live rep too and when a person’s social reputation gets low enough the service will only match those low reputation players with similar low reputation players. This gives them the benefit of playing with people just like them. Ultimately we want to help encourage good behavior between strangers. By the way, before a user ends up at this extremely low reputation level we will have sent many different alerts to the user reminding how their social gaming conduct is affecting lots of other gamers. The chart includes examples of the reputation score that will be seen in the gamercard.

Yeah I'm curious to know what was said in the video before it was removed. Sounds important

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it’s called Xbox 360,” said Mattrick (Microsoft Exec)

I think the response is genius, especially considering they aren't killing off the xbox 360.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah I'm curious to know what was said in the video before it was removed. Sounds important

if you do not have Internet keep your Xbox 360