CyReN

E3 2013 Discussion

So can someone please explain to me what the hell is going on with the prices for the Xbox One. They announce it's going to be $500, right? 

I live in the UK, $500 roughly converts to £322.

But, they announce at the same time that the Xbox One will be £429. Why am I getting screwed out of £107 ($166) ???

Because UK wages are higher than US wages. This is normally how it works for most things with pricing difference.

So can someone please explain to me what the hell is going on with the prices for the Xbox One. They announce it's going to be $500, right? 

I live in the UK, $500 roughly converts to £322.

But, they announce at the same time that the Xbox One will be £429. Why am I getting screwed out of £107 ($166) ???

It'll be down to production and development costs in producing a PAL based system. Or at least that's what they'll say. Not to mention you will never ever ever get a 1:1 conversion on currency.

If you go and convert many a product from say Apple from USD to GBP you'll find most of the time you're getting screwed out of quite a bit.

Diablo is on xbox,

Diablo 3 will be. I was just using Diablo as an example. The partnership between Blizzard and Sony is huge.

Did they show a graphic stating it was £429?

I'm inclined to think that was an error in Speech. £329 seems more likely.

The guy said $500, €500 and £429 I think. €500 converts to £425 too so it makes sense. I swear Microsoft are screwing us Brits. :(

It'll be down to production and development costs in producing a PAL based system. Or at least that's what they'll say. Not to mention you will never ever ever get a 1:1 conversion on currency.

If you go and convert many a product from say Apple from USD to GBP you'll find most of the time you're getting screwed out of quite a bit.

Hmm, okay thank you for the help. Damn companies. :(

• Upvote (+1) 1

All I'm saying is don't make a decision on which console you will get until you see the PS4 conference. 

PS4 doesn't have twitch or Halo or Titanfall. If PS4 had those three things than my decision would be harder.

• Upvote (+1) 1

PS4 doesn't have twitch or Halo or Titanfall. If PS4 had those three things than my decision would be harder.

PS4 may have twitch. I'm just saying get all the details on both before making a decision. You never know what they are developing.

I know they are not developing the only reason I really played xbox. It's hard for me to get a ps4 when my 2 most anticipated multiplayer games are xbox exclusives.

This was really good conf done by M$ . Halo was unexpected . Titanfall will be more like bf4 - big maps a lot of ppl . Im going to buy this console asap

Lets not forget all the problems with the Xbox One.

Unless Microsoft provides a way to disable some of its features it's going to be insanely difficult running any sort of event with one, and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Sony is still definitely infront at this point because we're unaware of any such restrictions, the only way Microsoft can claw back ground for me is either through Sony having a horrible conference where we learn of its plans to screw us over OR if during E3 Microsoft either make us aware of how this thing will work on a competitive level or just straight up say they'll have a way to circumvent the Online connectivity and Kinect always on functions for the competitive scene (Which won't happen)

pretty sure their was an official blog that said all of Kinect features can be turned off.

however no confirmation on turning off:

-kinect having to be connected

-24 hr check in

• Upvote (+1) 1

All i have to say is that when i saw that Mech from Titanfall blow up the other mech and literally zapped the enemy guy who ejected I almost fell over. That was freaking insane. That multiplayer was just outright nasty. It was seamless between human and mech. Been waiting for something like this for quite some time. Always been a huge robotech/gundam fan.

All I'm saying is don't make a decision on which console you will get until you see the PS4 conference. 

I agree with that, but honestly to me there isn't really anything about the Xbox One that says "don't buy me". Sony will have to whip out some major Exclusive IPs to impress me. I could care less about used games and Kinect. Its already been confirmed that voice commands on Kinect can be disabled, I already have internet, I rarely buy used games anyway. The new Xbox Live sharing feature is huge as well.

PS4 may have twitch. I'm just saying get all the details on both before making a decision. You never know what they are developing.

Didn't Microsoft say Twitch was exclusive to Xbox? I might be wrong, though. I heard the word exclusive too many times that conference. :P

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know they are not developing the only reason I really played xbox. It's hard for me to get a ps4 when my 2 most anticipated multiplayer games are xbox exclusives.

And that's perfectly fine. I just want people to be open to both options, and then pick which one looks best for them.

PS4 will be using ustream. Xbox is partnering with Twitch. That is all most MP players need to know.

Soon is EA's conference. Definitely hoping for REAL next-gen gameplay of Madden. 

Me too. I also want to see what Bioware is up to!

Wonder if we will see anything Star Wars related from the EA conference?

Some people expect a Battlefront 3 announcement!

Wonder if we will see anything Star Wars related from the EA conference?

I hope so. I doubt we will see anything like Battlefront, but maybe they could just pick up were LucasArts left off. It looked like 60% finished from the leaked gameplay.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If they premiered Battlefront 3 I think I would be more excited for that than Halo tbh.

• Upvote (+1) 1