CyReN

E3 2013 Discussion

I agree, but I'm already planning on a PS4 for the potential of Starcraft and Diablo, plus the single player games. So if I had the choice of Destiny on PS4 or Xbox One, I will probably pick PS4

Diablo has already been confirmed for the Xbox so I don't get how the potential of those pushes you one way or the other when it will be available for both systems. 

With Destiny, exclusive content won't sway me enough to buy it for a different system, when the controller is such a big selling point for the Xbox. That PS controller isn't made for shooters. It never has been in comparison. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Diablo has already been confirmed for the Xbox so I don't get how the potential of those pushes you one way or the other when it will be available for both systems. 

With Destiny, exclusive content won't sway me enough to buy it for a different system, when the controller is such a big selling point for the Xbox. That PS controller isn't made for shooters. It never has been in comparison. 

I agree with this, the Playstation controller is a big turn off for me. Looks like they did everything right with the Xbox One controller, for my needs at least. 

Kind of have me a slimmer of hope that they announced the two things MP players have been wanting for years.

I agree with this, the Playstation controller is a big turn off for me. Looks like they did everything right with the Xbox One controller, for my needs at least. 

I play my PS3 quite a bit, but mostly for single player games. They really haven't figured out that their controller is a big downfall in their fight to pick up players for multiplayer shooters. 

Also all the problems with PSN which seem to be forgotten in all these conversations. Yeah they showed the updated UI, but we have to worry about all the other issues it had with connection to both servers and friends. 

The PS controller now has triggers and is close to the xbox controller now. I'm getting both systems probably, just would rather get Destiny on the PS4 for the exclusives. Not saying the exclusive content is pushing me toward any console, just which console I would rather have the game on. What's pushing me more towards Sony is the first party titles.

PS4 will be using ustream. Xbox is partnering with Twitch. That is all most MP players need to know.

That doesn't make sense to me either, why ustream? Why not Livestream or Own3d?

PS4 is acting like the knight in shining armor but we have no idea if their awful UI and MP will be improved much. They are "winning" by being silent.

That doesn't make sense to me either, why ustream? Why not Livestream or Own3d?

I don't know. That's honestly a turn off. With xbox you are getting a free 250$ capture card to stream to Twitch.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The PS controller now has triggers and is close to the xbox controller now. I'm getting both systems probably, just would rather get Destiny on the PS4 for the exclusives. Not saying the exclusive content is pushing me toward any console, just which console I would rather have the game on. What's pushing me more towards Sony is the first party titles.

The triggers were never the problem. It is stick placement, in relation to the buttons placement. It just doesn't work nearly as well. It works, but it is a big step down. 

I'll probably end up with both of them within a couple months of launch just because that's how I've always been, but it seems like Microsoft took a huge step today in calming their audience. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Mirrors Edge 2 for EA or bust.

Man completely forgot about that.. yeh All EA got is probably Mirrors edge

most probably Sports games like FIFA NHL + ALL NEW KINECT FEATURES THAT NO ONE WILL GIVE A FUCK BUT LOOKS COOL.

PS4 is acting like the knight in shining armor but we have no idea if their awful UI and MP will be improved much. They are "winning" by being silent.

The UI looked much better at the Sony event in February. MP is still a toss up though lol.

Microsoft did exactly what they needed to do. Now it's up to Sony to come out and impress. They've already shown a fair amount of games, and have yet to show the console, so I doubt they get more games in than MS did. I can't wait to see Destiny though.

The triggers were never the problem. It is stick placement, in relation to the buttons placement. It just doesn't work nearly as well. It works, but it is a big step down. 

I'll probably end up with both of them within a couple months of launch just because that's how I've always been, but it seems like Microsoft took a huge step today in calming their audience. 

Yes, Microsoft did.  I'm sure the PS4 controller will be better with the placement. I think the controllers will be about even between the PS4 and Xbox One. 

Xbox has always been a superior Multiplayer platform and it looks like that trend will continue.

Microsoft did exactly what they needed to do. Now it's up to Sony to come out and impress. They've already shown a fair amount of games, and have yet to show the console, so I doubt they get more games in than MS did. I can't wait to see Destiny though.

Yes they did, and I think Sony has a couple of tricks up their sleeves too. It's mostly going to be about high quality games for me.

I think people are over-hyping a little. There was only one game that truly stood out on the merit of the gameplay shown and that was Titanfall. Halo is just a name at this point and with the history of the series it's a complete gamble as to what sort of game you're going to get. Twitch and the few XBL updates were nice but at the same time there's that nagging in the back of my mind reminding me I'll still paying a subscription fee.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would buy a good PC before I bought a ps4. The only reason I am considering an Xbox is the exclusives that MS has.

Did anyone else get a "Master Chief gone rogue" vibe from that Halo trailer? Looks like John is on his own to me.

I think people are over-hyping a little. There was only one game that truly stood out on the merit of the gameplay shown and that was Titanfall. Halo is just a name at this point and with the history of the series it's a complete gamble as to what sort of game you're going to get. Twitch and the few XBL updates were nice but at the same time there's that nagging in the back of my mind reminding me I'll still paying a subscription fee.

That was exactly what I was thinking. When you actually look back at the conference and everything they showed, there were only 3 things that stood out to me.

IGN just confirmed that Star Wars WILL be mentioned in some form during this EA conference.... exciting!

• Upvote (+1) 1

LOLLLLLL OH SNAP I THOUGHT THAT WAS DESTINY.

lol can anyone pick out why it might fail?

They wasted the time to put robes on a superhuman in a trillion dollar piece of armor. The amount of logic behind that little design choice in a trailer puts us off to a great start. 

I would buy a good PC before I bought a ps4. The only reason I am considering an Xbox is the exclusives that MS has.

Same here. If it wasn't for Halo I probably would just get a PC.

Titanfall looks amazing and Ryse too.

If they announce Battlefront 3 I would probably faint! Rumors have been going around DICE is making it.

Same here. If it wasn't for Halo I probably would just get a PC.

Titanfall looks amazing and Ryse too.

If they announce Battlefront 3 I would probably faint! Rumors have been going around DICE is making it.

Frostbite 3 + Battlefront 3 = AMAZING

I think you are not giving games like Dead Rising 3 their due. 

Also Insomniac (who releases quality product) showed a game in Sunset Overdrive that couldn't be more exciting. 

Halo 5 getting revealed is always a huge deal especially with the 60FPS and Dedicated Servers. 

Killer Instinct is an amazing fighter.

Forza is debatably the best racer on the market. 

and obviously Titanfall looked great. 

So there were games there and obviously, we will learn more over time. I thought it went under the radar, but Xbox live while you are still paying, did a great thing in matching the free games offer that PSN has been using with their pay to play service. 

Also you are paying for Xbox live vs PSN, but the quality of the service was, at least to me, more than worth the cost. PSN had so many issues with online play and their system. They have to prove they can fix it.