OP, me and you seem to be the only ones who like the sounds in this game. Bar the sniper O.o

Here's my list:

• Weapon Sandbox
  • An improvement of maps from Reach and (Brace for unpopular opinion) Halo 3
  • An amazing story with a bloody Forerunner
  • I really like the soundtrack at times, although some tracks are really undrwhelming
  • Spartan Models and canon friendly IV's as opposed to canon-destroying III's
  • The Infinity

All I can think of right now. Obviously there are more negatives than positives but life's better as an optimist!

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I was thinking... and if you think about it this whole forum is essentially the biggest #FirstWorldProblems of all time.  I mean, nothing but page upon page upon page of text put in about complaints about what in the grand scheme of things are minor grievances.

So, in the nature of Dersky optimism, but mostly just in the nature of curiosity, I'd like to pose the following question:

What did halo 4 do right?

What were the additions/ changes made in halo 4 that you feel need to stay in for halo 5? DOESN'T JUST HAVE TO BE ABOUT MECHANICS!

I'll start:  

• I think this game obviously looks incredible.  It plays very, very smoothly too.  Impact looks so goddamn amazing.
  •  
  • traditional halo jumping height made a return- which is awesome.
  •  
  • I personally like hitmarkers
  •  
  • The sounds are fucking awesome.  Every weapons is just great to hear. They were built from the ground up for this game.
  •  
  • Weapon skins are a nice addition.  Obviously I don't think anyone here really cares about this, and I'm probably just making myself sound like a complete noob by even voicing this, but I think a little aesthetic customization on your weapons is cool.
  •  
  • hitscan.  No more shitty online halo 3 BR.  People may argue which is better for lan, but I don't think there can even be a question about which is better for online.
  •  
  • Promethean weapons!! The lightrifle is a fantastic addition to the halo sandbox.  Many people even wanted it as the primary competitive weapon.  Boltshot is like a more skilled version of the mauler, although it definitely should not be given as a loadout option. Promethean nades too.
  •  
  • And don't forget.  Sarah Palmer.   :lxthul:

So without further ado, what would you like see added or subtracted from this list, and do you have anything else to say about what I have in it?

First, this is a forum that spends a lot of it's time discussing the competitive merit of Halo 4. #FirstWorldProblems... #NoShitSherlock

Having gotten that out of the way, I will now give a few answers to your question.

1. Shot registration is the best we have ever seen.

2. Campaign is my second favorite after Halo 1 and although it is probably a better campaign than Halo 1 I prefer Halo 1 because of the feeling it gave me when it introduced me to the universe of Halo.

3. Developer support.

4. Post game updates.

5. Melee system... My enemy and me wont trade by simultaneously knocking eachother out. #Reach

6. Best story and while I realize this ties in with campaign, I still mention this because I believe Halo 4 had a better campaign and story just I would rather play Halo 1s campaign for the sense of nostalgia and awe as I crash land on Halo for the first time.

7. Sound is by far the best we have ever had, and the soundtrack can only be bested by a select few masterpieces in the franchise.

8. Interaction with the community and the sheer will power put into making this game a decent Halo title post launch.

9. The great feeling presented when using any weapon in the game which imo is done by the amazing graphics and sound coming together making us feel like we are wielding a real gun in our hands and not a battery powered slow turn controller whos D-Pad is a joke.

10. The beacons that signal a weapons spawning, now before someone sends a death threat I would like to mention that I don't agree with the fact that everyone on the map, even if theirs 3 walls between them and the power weapon, should know when Rockets come up simply because it pops out on your screen. But on the other hand I would like to mention that I like this for the casual scene but I would prefer if it only came up at the start of the game to teach players where the weapons spawn and let them know in how long but not remind them when it actually does come up and where.

wasn't dispatch a defualt map when you bought the game? I don't remember downloading it. I may be wrong, but i swear it was there at the start.

Nope that was relay

Im actually surprised at the amount of people who like the sights and sounds of this game. I would honestly take any of the sights and sounds from any of the past halo's over h4. 

Good things: Hit detection is a big one, but it does need refined so hitboxes arent as big and magnetism is toned down, then it would be perfect i think. Extraction is another good thing, without it we would have only 1 good objective game. Cant really think of much else unfortunately...

• Upvote (+1) 1

• I think this game obviously looks incredible.  It plays very, very smoothly too.  Impact looks so goddamn amazing.
  •  
  • traditional halo jumping height made a return- which is awesome.
  •  
  • I personally like hitmarkers
  •  
  • The sounds are fucking awesome.  Every weapons is just great to hear. They were built from the ground up for this game.
  •  
  • Weapon skins are a nice addition.  Obviously I don't think anyone here really cares about this, and I'm probably just making myself sound like a complete noob by even voicing this, but I think a little aesthetic customization on your weapons is cool.
  •  
  • hitscan.  No more shitty online halo 3 BR.  People may argue which is better for lan, but I don't think there can even be a question about which is better for online.
  •  
  • Promethean weapons!! The lightrifle is a fantastic addition to the halo sandbox.  Many people even wanted it as the primary competitive weapon.  Boltshot is like a more skilled version of the mauler, although it definitely should not be given as a loadout option. Promethean nades too.

Hitmarkers are a negative. 

The BR and Sniper sound like the bitch version of what it use to be. 

Travel time is more competitive(takes more skill), but hitscan helps with netcode. If you were playing on dedis, i'd say travel time > hitscan.

What they did right:

Netcode is improved

Options for amrour

I enjoyed the campaign

Nerfed Sprint, but it should've just been removed

Honestly they didn't do a whole lot right. The game was a complete mess when it started and it still is.

-Per-weapon modifications through Megalo scripting.

-Megalo scripting in general.

Extraction mainly

Forge is equal to Reach forge with different pros and cons

More modding "allowed"

Free forging pallet

• Upvote (+1) 1

Graphics are alright til you take a closer look.

Sounds and tracks are bad.

Worst campaign, the chief didn't feel like the chief.

Best thing in Halo 4 that I want for Halo 5 are BR, DMR, and frag nades...they messed up the stickies!!!!

I am surprised so many people enjoyed the campaign. I thought it was very dull with no variety in the promethian enemies. They had so much potential to make the Chief a lone badass lost in a new world, fighting waves of unknown enemies. And a miraculous Warthog escape from the planet on the last level :p

Also, you should never have to read a trilogy of books to understand the basic plot line. Enhance it yes, but I had no idea what the hell was going in until I read the books.

They made a terrible game, which hopefully helps them realize they should listen to us (Bravo, Ghost) for Halo 5

Also, hitscan. I do agree however, that travel time will probably be better for dedis.

I love the sound in this game. I got a rampage the other night, and the voice gave me chills. The sniper sounds and feels powerful IMO, same with the DMR. I love extraction, the teamwork that goes into that is awesome. I like the gun hitmarkers, not so much with the grenade ones though. Some of the new weapons are awesome, LR for one. 

LOL. It must suck to have to pay $60 for a game you only got a few dozen hours of enjoyment out of right? And tricking you into buying the game? Are you serious? There was tons of pre-release footage, if you didn't like what you saw you shouldn't have bought it. Stop bitching about 343 when YOUR PURCHASING DECISION is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.

On topic: great graphics, wonderful campaign (with terminal videos, and great cutscenes), lots of armor customization options, guns look and sound good, and some of the new weapons are really awesome (sticky det or binary rifle for example).

Most of us didn't notice that descope was gone from just pre-release footage, and I dunno about others, but I didn't really notice them showing off sprint in Multiplayer before release. I did however notice the AA's in campaign footage.

I'm one of the few who really likes the weapon sounds. The only other game where the weapons sound quite so punchy when they're fired is CE.
That said, I preferred most of Steitzer's H3 or Reach voiceovers for medals and such and I'm not a fan of how loud footsteps are.

Most of us didn't notice that descope was gone from just pre-release footage, and I dunno about others, but I didn't really notice them showing off sprint in Multiplayer before release. I did however notice the AA's in campaign footage.

Prior to launch there was a multi-day livestream hosted by Machinima. They played multiplayer for 24 hours a day basically. Descope and sprint were not secrets.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Extraction is a great new gametype, but then there's regicide so...yeah...

Regicide just isn't implemented properly. Tagging the King with a waypoint wouldn't be a problem if he were given constantly higher damage and damage resistance; "Reign of Terror" could result in a Speed Boost, etc.

Anyone who's played "Hero" mode in Goldeneye will know what I'm talking about.

For those of you who like the new weapon sounds, look and listen:

Halo 3(reach DMR) sounds > Halo 4

Dat sniiiiiipe! So much better, wtf were they doing with it in halo 4

Halo 3(reach DMR) sounds > Halo 4

Halo 3 SFX > Any other game's SFX

It's a fact.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There's no hitscan in Halo 4. The bullets are still projectile but the speed is set to Infinite.