Sign in to follow this  
LeandroTrooper

BR + DMR = New Utility Weapon for Next Halo?

Would you guys like the idea of having a BR/DMR utility weapon which it has the same 3-shot burst as the BR but when it is zoomed it has the single shot DMR. (Just like the LIGHT RIFLE)
But of course, we have No-Scope? Someone in the spanish community said instead of DMR and BR why not both? What do you guys think about it?

I remember way back when Bungie first showed off Halo 2 at an E3 demo, the original BR was a single shot burst when scoped, 3 unscoped. And it was only later made a 3 round burst for both. So your thinking is not that far off.

BR burst modes @3:20

Edit: I still remember these videos off by heart I watched them so many times waiting for H2 to come out. :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I remember way back when Bungie first showed off Halo 2, the original BR was a single shot burst. Then in a later multiplayer demo it was changed to be single shot when scoped, 3 unscoped. And finally was only later made it a 3 round burst for both. So your thinking is not that far off.

Supposedly the E3 Halo 2 beta demo BR is like the Holy Grail of Halo weapons. For some reason the timestamp isn't working for me :( . Skip to 4:52 to see the BR in action.

It's great. We currently have it, but whatever. It being orange makes it unused. 

ahhh...the wonderful state of competitive halo

• Upvote (+1) 1

Supposedly the E3 Halo 2 beta demo BR is like the Holy Grail of Halo weapons.

Ya, it would be the Magnum, BR, LR and DMR all wrapped up in one perfect weapon.

#OneGunToRuleThemAll

Ya, it would be the Magnum, BR, LR and DMR all wrapped up in one perfect weapon.

#OneGunToRuleThemAll

...One gun to find them. One gun to take them all and in the darkness bind them..

Uh, sorry about that.

It's great. We currently have it, but whatever. It being orange makes it unused. 

well it *is* on maps to be picked up for long range engagements.  I'm guessing it being not used as the primary is the same reason why the DMR isn't:  with no descope they become pocket snipers and map movement sucks.

I agree that it's pretty hilarious that OP didn't just ask for LR and people are scrounging for halo 2 e3 videos of the gun instead of just looking at the LR lol.

When they first showed off the LR I was excited cause I thought were finally going to get the H2 beta demo BR. And the LR 110/110 setting felt really good and consistent.

My only issue with the LR is not that it shoots orange bullets, but is its zoom. The delay when zooming always felt awkward. And a 3x zoom is not optimal for 4v4 maps especially without descoping. Just my $0.02.

• Upvote (+1) 3

When they first showed off the LR I was excited cause I thought were finally going to get the H2 beta demo BR. And the LR 110/110 setting felt really good and consistent.

My only issue with the LR is not that it shoots orange bullets, but is its zoom. The delay when zooming always felt awkward. And a 3x zoom is not optimal for 4v4 maps especially without descoping. Just my $0.02.

I feel exactly the same way. I'll use the LR all day on larger, BTB style maps. But it feels awkward on many 4v4/2v2 maps (if only it were a 2x or a new 2.5x scope). And I'm pretty sure the BR would have been a 4sk unscoped. The LR has a slower rate of fire unscoped (which is fine) but it is a 5sk. I think a slower rate of fire but maintaining the 4sk kill would have been better. Or a slightly faster rate of fire but a 5 shot kill. Currently, it's niche just isn't ideal for 4v4 play (unlike the carbine and BR).

H2 Br thats all we need scrap the DMR and LR, go back to the classics

The halo 2 BR was easy to aim and shoot, let's not go back to that. We can have a more diffuclt BR.

Am I the only one who likes when you can't shoot really far distances?

Granted I only feel this way with hitscan; CE pistol was fine.

idk, whatever.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The halo 2 BR was easy to aim and shoot, let's not go back to that. We can have a more diffuclt BR.

Think he means in terms of spread Post-TU along with the look of it. It also felt better to shoot (Despite all the auto-aim)

Hard to explain what I mean by it felt better, but Like, Fouring someone in H4 doesn't feel as satisfying as compared to Halo 2 for some reasons.

I like the Lightrifle, it is good at long range but bad at short, it's balanced. I still think it shoots a little too fast but other than that it's a good weapon. However it should ONLY be available for pickup. If everyone spawned with something like a Lightrifle the gameplay would be too different to classic Halo.