Gears Of War does this with the Over-View/Blue Print of the Map on the loading screen

It's a great idea. The only problem is that 343 would have to come up with the callouts, and they wouldn't come up with nifty spots like "Nerd" on Skyline or "Walshy" on Pit.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's a great idea. The only problem is that 343 would have to come up with the callouts, and they wouldn't come up with nifty spots like "Nerd" on Skyline or "Walshy" on Pit.

They came up with callouts for all the maps in the game, we made our own, it doesn't affect us. I'm assuming Gears players did the same with their maps.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That is so clean, nicely done. I like the left hand region, I could imagine some flyovers of weapon locations, flag, etc.. This would 100% help 343 achieve their goal of making Halo's gameplay more accessible.

I wouldn't mind having a default set of callous for the general population. Maybe it would encourage people to actually call out and use their mics. Not everyone watches streams and knows them.

Thanks again for whipping this up.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've always thought that having the map shown before the match starts is brilliant. It not only aides in learning the map but also gets the more casual players thinking about the map and positions more. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

They came up with callouts for all the maps in the game, we made our own, it doesn't affect us. I'm assuming Gears players did the same with their maps.

Or just have pros go to 343i and help with the callouts. While they're there, they could help with making the game competitive and fun. Let's just hope those people aren't the yes-men we saw pre H4.

• Upvote (+1) 8

It's a great idea. Yeah they do make callouts for their own maps (or there was something like a game guide for h4), and some of the names transferred over.

I like this idea. I mean maybe not even call outs, but just having the map layout on the screen would be so helpful. Plus a rotating logo isn't bad either. Good idea. 

Or just have pros go to 343i and help with the callouts. While they're there, they could help with making the game competitive and fun. Let's just hope those people aren't the yes-men we saw pre H4.

Its a nice idea! They have invited pros before. Why not later on?  :)

This Is A Great Idea I could See Many Possibility's with This But We All still Would eventually make our own callout's, Maybe Right Before you Load up to play there can be an option to switch to Spectator and it would have this Minus the Unsc Logo, and switch that with the Actual Gameplay and being able to switch through Mutilple screen's or have one option to have all four Screen's Displayed at once.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Here's an example of a dynamic loading screen that would change based on the situation (what is loading).

On the right you have your top down view of the map, labelled with callouts. The bottom left would be random shots of the map with callout labels so you can visualize the different map areas (these would change every couple seconds). Lastly we have the glorious slow-rotating UNSC logo we've all come to love (well I'm sure there's someone who loves it...right?)

Basically, adding info like this to a loading screen not only keeps them fresh but helps new players or even seasoned vets to learn new maps and their callouts much quicker.

Credit goes to angrylettuce for the original idea.

Dynamicloadingscreen.jpg?t=1376001593

I made this one pretty quickly so don't mind any sloppy editing. It's really more for the general idea then the looks :P

Love this idea! Honestly would be great!

Only thing that sucks is 343 making callouts like bungie did in reach, most were pretty bad. 

A great thing to add to this idea would be weapon locations, it would really help the new players out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Great idea at least an overview of the map with weapons shown, keep the call outs to a minimum and just have a few areas named I.e. blue/red yellow and not get specific that can be done by the players.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Put weapon overlays for default weapon layouts in each playlist (Lets say it only takes uploading a new image if new weapon layouts for this example). Each playlist/gametype could then have different weapon layouts (Lets say we had sanctuary for CTF and it had rockets, but had overshield for slayer similar to reach's camo/rocket difference in MLG)

• Downvote (-1) 1

This Is A Great Idea I could See Many Possibility's with This But We All still Would eventually make our own callout's, Maybe Right Before you Load up to play there can be an option to switch to Spectator and it would have this Minus the Unsc Logo, and switch that with the Actual Gameplay and being able to switch through Mutilple screen's or have one option to have all four Screen's Displayed at once.

Lol, the point of a loading screen is to load the gameplay, Don't think we could view gameplay while gameplay is loading because that just beats the purpose of a loading screen

The thing is, in H4 at least, the loading really is fast. So the whole bottom right slideshow idea wouldn't really work out. 

To the people saying the developer callouts would suck... duh. Which is where they should just be general ones. Like the Haven overlay should only label "Top Middle", "Red/Blue Ramp", "Open", "Closed", "Mohawk", and "Red/Blue Street". It shouldn't go into specifics.

As another example, Sanctuary would really just be labelled with "Flag", "Hut", "Rocks", "Carbine", "Snipe Street", and "Courtyard". The idea would be to give players a general understanding of the maps callouts. If they want to go above and beyond and learn stuff like Bon, Blob, Jump Rock, etc... more power to them. This overview should also just have indicators for where the weapons are and maybe their timer like "Rockets, 3:00".

As far as the slideshow, I keep imagining the H3 intro video for each map that would say like "Narrows, Supporte Slayer and CTF, Rockets bottoms middle, snipers over here, fucking go".

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lol, the point of a loading screen is to load the gameplay, Don't think we could view gameplay while gameplay is loading because that just beats the purpose of a loading screen

Or we could have a loading screen for the loading screen :apk:

No but seriously, its not exactly gameplay, its just a picture of the map and names for callouts

• Upvote (+1) 1

In my opinion, we should have the maps with only the layout of the power weapons. Those callouts for example in Haven are too complex. I'm not sure if every single pro in Halo 4 uses every single one of them.
Btw, I kinda modified the one made by OP. I think we should do our own with all the feedback in this post so we can all see what changes should be done and how we can improve it. We can all work together and well... share it with 343  :) 

xfp0.jpg

Made this in like 5 minutes. Was thinking you would have a different screen shot with callouts every time you played the map.

JadaD9u.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

Made this in like 5 minutes. Was thinking you would have a different screen shot with callouts every time you played the map.

JadaD9u.jpg

THIS is a much better idea. Quicker, simpler, still makes the player do most of the work to learn the callouts.

• Upvote (+1) 1