FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

Zeclaimer

What got you into Halo/ Competitive Halo

The funny part is that I was the only 10 year old who went to the Lans at movie gallery. Everybody else was 14-18 and dominated me. 

Didn't care. It was some of the best days of my life. 

I was around 6 when I played H1 competitively

Well my family/family friends ALL played Halo and Quake competitively.  My brothers friends, older cousins, etc were all competitive players back in Quake, and I usually hanged with them.  So I played the game with them, but I was pretty awful.

Now when H1 released my brother bought a copy, my cousins and my family friends all bought the copy within a week.  Which meant LANs practically every day which were insanely fun.  Eventually the older people in our group wanted to find out when weapons would spawn, learn a little how the spawn system works, etc.  So they found out when weapons spawn and we eventually bought those small timers and my 6 year old self thought the idea of taping the timer on top of my Duke controller was genius and did that.

Basically, as soon as you start knowing the times for weapon spawns and planning accordingly, that's when I would say you're playing a Halo game competitively. After a while I would play in local tournaments with my older brother, cousins or a friend of mine.

Good times man, good times.  Sucks that most of us stopped playing current Halo games when H2 released.  No one wanted to play Live but we did still LAN H1

I'd say you have no idea how envious I am reading this, but you can probably guess.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Playing H1at Lan parties with my friends that lived in the neighborhood next to where I lived. Then playing H2 at my friends house on xbl. Still remember the feeling of winning my first lone wolves game. After that I just started watching montages online and mlg on usa

I'd say you have no idea how envious I am reading this, but you can probably guess.

Lol I get that a lot. I count at least 14 people in our group of my cousins/family/family friends.

I have VHS tapes I would use when we had our little 2v2 tournaments with us. Wish I could find them :(

I was in 5th grade when my dad and I got the original Xbox back in 2003. He told me NFL Fever was for my brother and I, and Halo was his. We would play campaign and 1v1 whenever he wasn't around. After basketball games, our entire team would go over peoples house and run 2v2s all night. They weren't the best players, but those nights were honestly some of the best times I'll probably ever have.

Played halo 1 but never really cared for it.

played the shit outta halo 2 and did just about every cheat/glitch that was possible (besides modding/hostbooting)

i first heard about competitive halo in early halo 3. After meadows

Discovering xbox live and Halo 2 led me to some of the best times of my whole life lol.. Watching the classic FB vs. CbN matches.. Getting that 32 in Hardcore was such a challenge, I loved it..