By: WaiHo
GT: Obi Wai Kenobi
Download link: HERE

Gametypes:
- Slayer
- Extraction
- KotH

Background story:
I started forging in the beginning of H4, after building many maps ( Acolyte, Acidgate, Natura, Akropolis: Impact, Akropolis: FI, Naboo Grievous, Sector, Convoy, Strident, Hazard, Farside, Radiant, Rendum, Kamer 43, Vessel, Bailrok, Dojo, Dammy 1 & 2, Drainage, Salum, Shangrila) I had no more inspiration and ideas left for new maps. Took a short break and went on a holiday, coming back I suddenly had a good idea to give a dammy styled map a 3rd try.

So this is where all my experience got me, I am proud to present you Salem. A vertical styled map that brings a similar style of gameplay damnation brought, but with its own unique twist.

Weapons:
Rockets (Initial oridinance 180 sec)
Sniper (Initial ordinance 120)
Overshield (Random ordinance, not placed at start)

BR  4x
DMR 2x
Frag grenades 4x
plasma grenades 2x
Supressor 1x (45 sec respawn)
Jetpack 1x (60 sec respawn)

Screenshots:
Overview:
enm7.jpg

Middle view:
nqdo.jpg

Ladder/bottom mid:
xaio.jpg

Snipe spawn:
1bjk.jpg

Red spawn:
ac7g.jpg

Teleporter room/Overshield spawn:
9wyp.jpg

psuh.jpg

Back purple:
7j2c.jpg

Back blue/jetpack spawn:
7csm.jpg

tbby.jpg

Blue spawn:
87ct.jpg

f8ig.jpg

th6w.jpg

Download link.

AND THAT’S IT!

• Upvote (+1) 7

I'll try to get a few games in on this tomorrow and post any feedback I (or the people I test with) have.

I played my first 4v4 on this. You have a pretty big problem on your hands (I heard you were going on a trip, so I'm not trying to make anything sound urgent).

Everyone on my team was complaining because the map was too big for sprint, because they think slayer games are supposed to last 5 minutes and 5 minutes only. But no, the map was not that slow.

I'll still admit the map isn't completely small though, but I am more than confident that sprint will break the spawns, like it does on a lot of maps (for the maps that don't, they are most likely too big. Just look at Adrift).

I've posted on Forgehub already, but this is my feedback for you: Re-shape the map and don't make the map so free-flowing on the bottom. The map is a 3-atrium giant rectangle which the central atrium is a simple 2 end-doors on each team's side. Players can move from the middle to the sides ever so easily, and those sides lack the depth for solid spawning (especially when Sprint is thrown into the mix). If you give the map a unique shape, you'll manage lines of sight easier, be able to restrict the flow like Damnation originally did, and most importantly, make the map feel more asymmetric. I'm not asking for anything like lily pads or any other questionable map features, just generally speaking for the map.

This is currently my view for the map. Take it how you will.

I played it in a 3v3 game lasted around 9-10 mins. I wouldn't say the map is too big for sprint. 

Problems : Blue team has a direct route to sniper at the beginning. Other than that I would say I enjoyed the map quite a bit :)

Could a mod please change the title to 'Quantic', due to my new map being named Salem II. Thanks!

So many waiho maps

haha I'm actually done with forge for now though, got one more small thing in my head. But I'll see if that ever happens.

haha I'm actually done with forge for now though, got one more small thing in my head. But I'll see if that ever happens.

What next for Waiho then? Counterstrike like all the other forgers?

If not, then you've had a good run and some excellent maps. My only criticism as you as a forger was hopping from map to map too quickly., theres a skill to constantly refining a map from feedback.

I played my first 4v4 on this. You have a pretty big problem on your hands (I heard you were going on a trip, so I'm not trying to make anything sound urgent).

Everyone on my team was complaining because the map was too big for sprint, because they think slayer games are supposed to last 5 minutes and 5 minutes only. But no, the map was not that slow.

I'll still admit the map isn't completely small though, but I am more than confident that sprint will break the spawns, like it does on a lot of maps (for the maps that don't, they are most likely too big. Just look at Adrift).

I've posted on Forgehub already, but this is my feedback for you: Re-shape the map and don't make the map so free-flowing on the bottom. The map is a 3-atrium giant rectangle which the central atrium is a simple 2 end-doors on each team's side. Players can move from the middle to the sides ever so easily, and those sides lack the depth for solid spawning (especially when Sprint is thrown into the mix). If you give the map a unique shape, you'll manage lines of sight easier, be able to restrict the flow like Damnation originally did, and most importantly, make the map feel more asymmetric. I'm not asking for anything like lily pads or any other questionable map features, just generally speaking for the map.

This is currently my view for the map. Take it how you will.

Kinda agree that the asym aspect should be embraced more.

No idea what I'm going to do next. Might just go to counterstrike aswell, since a friend of mine picked it up aswell.

And I do agree that I jumped a bit to quick from one map to another, but that's just how I took things and experimented with styles of maps. Also I quickly realised that most of my maps had fundamental flaws that could only be changed if I totally redesigned it.

And with Salem II it is pretty much the map that I've had in my head, but never could figure out how to buils it untill now. To me the map is how a real forge map should look like, not having the feeling that you are playing a forge map.

Salem II is probably the map that I'll be finetuning and maybe this one, but I don't think so.

Been a fun run, will still be playing halo though. So inv's for customs are always welcome!