Sign in to follow this  
VelociT

Halo: Spartan Assault and Halo 5 (Leak picture)

BL18V7KCcAE5S05.jpg

Looks like we might see some kind of trailer for both Halo: Spartan Assault and Halo 5 at E3, similar how to Bungie revealed ODST & Reach

• Upvote (+1) 2

I want to believe this but for the same reasons as blinkz I can't.

A Halo 5 beta with this new game like the Reach beta would be beyond awesome

E3 is just gonna be like... such a defining event. My decision to get the Xbox One is almost entirely hinging on if Halo 5 will be amazing. So hopefully they reveal something. Also really curious about this whole "Halo: Bootcamp/Spartan Assault" thing. Would be really cool if it's a new style of game, like a GoW-style shooter or RTS.

Most likely fake but if it is real I can't wait.

Either way E3 is going to be sick 

All except, why would they reveal Halo 5 so soon? I'm ok with the new supposed RTS game but they shouldn't show off Halo 5 6 months after Halo 4. That doesn't make any sense.

E3 is just gonna be like... such a defining event. My decision to get the Xbox One is almost entirely hinging on if Halo 5 will be amazing. So hopefully they reveal something. Also really curious about this whole "Halo: Bootcamp/Spartan Assault" thing. Would be really cool if it's a new style of game, like a GoW-style shooter or RTS.

I would love to see something from a 3rd person POV. It could be so incredible in so many situations...

Also, I want to fight an elite. I don't mean just shoot it or assassinate it, I want to go straight Fall of Reach Chief on an elite and just brutalize it. That would be fantastic.

All except, why would they reveal Halo 5 so soon? I'm ok with the new supposed RTS game but they shouldn't show off Halo 5 6 months after Halo 4. That doesn't make any sense.

Maybe just like e3 2011 they announce a halo game (Spartan Assault) and they slip in a trailer for Halo 5.

They could do a main halo game every other 2 years.

Maybe just like e3 2011 they announce a halo game (Spartan Assault) and they slip in a trailer for Halo 5.

They could do a main halo game every other 2 years.

All except how are Halo fans going to feel about that? People are going to thrash 343 and cause a ruckus for it being too soon. You know that's going to happen.

I want to believe this but for the same reasons as blinkz I can't.

A Halo 5 beta with this new game like the Reach beta would be beyond awesome

No beta for H5, i believe Ninja confirmed it.

And for some reason I feel this is fake, especially with how much Ninja said that 343i was avoiding saying Halo 5, and instead saying "The next Halo", which is why i think Spartan Assault is real

Well, I doubt that "Spartan Assault" will be anything more than a spin off. Certainly not a reason for people to buy the XB1. They will need to produce something enthralling to get people on board, and a Halo 5 trailer would do plenty towards doing just that.

I can almost guarantee it's fake. The person who created this posted it on Reddit recently and listed the games to include Dead Island 3, but as you can see in the image (middle right) the '3' is where the 'A' should be. Most likely an overlooked error in an attempt to forge this. Plus... that Halo 5 emblem looks pretty shitty. Can't imagine 343 using it. 

Gardner is right on the beta for Halo 5, it's not happening.

The reason is that they want to concentrate on the game itself and not "waste" resources on the beta as it's a huge effort to get it up and running with months of preparation.

With not even 2 full years of develpoment this seems a lot. As long as they bring in the right people for testing I don't see anything wrong with that...

I would love to see something from a 3rd person POV. It could be so incredible in so many situations...

Also, I want to fight an elite. I don't mean just shoot it or assassinate it, I want to go straight Fall of Reach Chief on an elite and just brutalize it. That would be fantastic.

I actually had an idea for a 'Halo Squad Shooter'. Just imagine Gears of War... third person, cover based, power weapons on map... then with the Black Ops 2 10 point loadout system, styled like ODST.

You'd have guns like SMG, Magnum, BR, DMR... all with varying point costs to balance them. Different attachments like Silencers, Laser Sights, and Perks like Lightfoot (increased sprint) and VISR mods (from ODST).

• Upvote (+1) 1

And for some reason I feel this is fake, especially with how much Ninja said that 343i was avoiding saying Halo 5, and instead saying "The next Halo", which is why i think Spartan Assault is real

I think a source said that Spartan Assault wasn't a part of the forerunner trilogy. And Ninja said they were avoiding saying that because they haven't officially announced Halo 5 or 6 but just that there is a trilogy but everyone knows the next "big" halos are going to be Halo 5 or 6 just no officially yet.

Yeah, but 343 may fly some pros out to Seattle again to test Halo 5. Not as good as an open beta, but I'm completely fine with it.

Spartan assault seems legit with the domains xbox registered but I highly doubt there will be any news about h5 except perhaps announcing it is in the works for a while down the road.

I actually had an idea for a 'Halo Squad Shooter'. Just imagine Gears of War... third person, cover based, power weapons on map... then with the Black Ops 2 10 point loadout system, styled like ODST.

You'd have guns like SMG, Magnum, BR, DMR... all with varying point costs to balance them. Different attachments like Silencers, Laser Sights, and Perks like Lightfoot (increased sprint) and VISR mods (from ODST).

Yeah that would be so damn cool. I would love to see that in a spin off. Like when the Covenant first attacked and you're playing as the marines. Or even better, Sgt. Johnson.

Oh God. Please let's have that be something.

Please.

I would even go as far as to saying that I would add a cherry on top.

Dat 5 design.....

Either way I'm excited. I actually forgot MS now owns the rights to Banjo Kazooie. Gets even more excited.