Multichem

V5 Ideas, requests, and Concerns

No. BR. Only. It needs to be that way to remain close to the original formula, and everyone is on equal footing.

Yep, BR's only, just like Halo 1

• Upvote (+1) 1

i dont think you understand, GET RID OF FUCKING ADRIFT AND DISPATCH!

and more people might play the game :) :)

I really hope sprint is removed. 4sk doesn't fix shit. I have just as many people able to get away..

KOTH was discussed last page, and my question is, what exactly is wrong with the KOTH glitch? If it can be done by both teams (consistently without some random % of it not happening), wouldn't it only add some meta to the gametype?

And, has anyone considered alternating power ups between ovvy and damage boost? I think that'd be an interesting dynamic. 

KOTH was discussed last page, and my question is, what exactly is wrong with the KOTH glitch? If it can be done by both teams (consistently without some random % of it not happening), wouldn't it only add some meta to the gametype?

And, has anyone considered alternating power ups between ovvy and damage boost? I think that'd be an interesting dynamic.

Alternating power ups means the first one is always random. OS and db function different in the sandbox so need to be placed on different parts of the map. And db is broken now

I'l make a thread on koth, got some ideas that could make it play better with the glitch

no sprint 4 loadouts and we will have a good halo again. i can see v5 having 1k in throwdown if those changes are met.

get a working camo in there scale the forge map sizes down 25 percent and we are good to go.

Yep, BR's only, just like Halo 1

Do you really have to contradict everything I say? And you know exactly what I meant. 

In all the Halo games you start with what you are given, you don't have a choice. In Halo 1 it was the AR for some gametypes or the Pistol. Thats all.

I believe you're right about that. The more people in the hill, the faster the counter will run up.

That of course means that if at any given point in a KoTH game the entire team is dead, the opposing team could feasibly rack up 20 points before the other team spawns. Which would be, well, stupid. That would be stupid.

Copy/paste.

Fancy testing this?

King of the hill has a glitch where if x amount of team players are in the hill, then the amount of points you get is seconds multiplied by x until the next hill.

Now I dont think this is actually a bad thing (its consistent, both teams know of it), but I understand the concerns, especially if 4 players get in a hill for 2 minutes.

So, I feel the gametype should be based around the key moment when the hill spawns. This would create key points/moments of the gametype, which is more interesting than current Hill/ball, where its just a 15 minute grind.

How would it work?

Hill delay between hills

60s/90s hill duration

Hill size change.

This might work as once a hill has finished, teams now have time to get as many players as possible in the hill. This would be the key moments of the game, as you attempt to slay and control the map before the hill changes. A big play here would give that team an advantage for the next minute/90s as they can amass more points.

Meta

If Team A gets 4 players in at hill change, does Team B even bother going for the hill at all and not risk having a sitting duck in the hill, and just slay the other team to ensure they dont get any extra seconds?

On hill changes, do teams just try jump in the hill at change, or try control the map before hand?

Do teams try and get as many in the hill at hill change as possible, or play safe for the game?

Spectator experience

More clutch moments happen now. Teams can stage comebacks if they get a 4 player hill.

Like I said before, there are now key moments in the game, rather than that long grind.

Any thoughts? If the glitch isint consistent, then disregard all that.

no sprint 4 loadouts and we will have a good halo again. i can see v5 having 1k in throwdown if those changes are met.

get a working camo in there scale the forge map sizes down 25 percent and we are good to go.

I would like to say something about the idea of how many people are playing this game or any playllists.

Halo will never be what it once was. it will never have the population that it did, and we should not be fighting to achieve a certain number of players per whatever, because it's just a number, and it doesn't matter.

What matters, at the end of the day, is how well the game plays. How competitive can we make the game? Is there a way to make this game the best Halo since H1? is there a way to get tournaments to the size that they once were? We, as a competitive community, don't really need to focus on how many players are in a playlist or what is going on population wise, because for the most part we play customs. For the most part, it's about preparing for tournaments and practicing with people of the same skill level. The competitive community has never focused completely on MM because Scrims are a more necessary part of preparation in terms of what you will see tournament wise.

I always see people talk about population, but I never know why. Do you really think we will reach the hundreds of thousands again? No. COD has a grip on the player base because it's easy and consistent, and has a very low skill ceiling. people can come home and relax with it. Halo should make you think. It should give you a challenge and it should be something you do not to cool down, but to get riled up and get all your competitive feelings out via controller and headset. I know a lot of people have an issue with this, but at the end of the day, Halo is fun for it's competitive merit. And that's why it got so big.

So, I don't care how many people are in Throwdown or playing the game period. I care about finding the best settings/gametypes/maps to make this the most exciting and competitive title that we can.

OT: a working Camo pick up really should be something that we get in the near future. I don't see any reason as to why it would really be that impossibly difficult to add into the game, and we have had changes made before to map pick ups (2x OS) to where we could modify it more to give a player Camo.

Copy/paste.

Fancy testing this?

King of the hill has a glitch where if x amount of team players are in the hill, then the amount of points you get is seconds multiplied by x until the next hill.

Now I dont think this is actually a bad thing (its consistent, both teams know of it), but I understand the concerns, especially if 4 players get in a hill for 2 minutes.

So, I feel the gametype should be based around the key moment when the hill spawns. This would create key points/moments of the gametype, which is more interesting than current Hill/ball, where its just a 15 minute grind.

How would it work?

Hill delay between hills

60s/90s hill duration

Hill size change.

This might work as once a hill has finished, teams now have time to get as many players as possible in the hill. This would be the key moments of the game, as you attempt to slay and control the map before the hill changes. A big play here would give that team an advantage for the next minute/90s as they can amass more points.

Meta

If Team A gets 4 players in at hill change, does Team B even bother going for the hill at all and not risk having a sitting duck in the hill, and just slay the other team to ensure they dont get any extra seconds?

On hill changes, do teams just try jump in the hill at change, or try control the map before hand?

Do teams try and get as many in the hill at hill change as possible, or play safe for the game?

Spectator experience

More clutch moments happen now. Teams can stage comebacks if they get a 4 player hill.

Like I said before, there are now key moments in the game, rather than that long grind.

Any thoughts? If the glitch isint consistent, then disregard all that.

I have my doubts. I certainly have my doubts. With the way the spawn system works in this game we would be one lucky spawn away from a team getting exterminated and losing the game.

But, I certainly wouldn't mind testing things out. The meta game would certainly be interesting to watch grow even for just a few customs. I would suggest we throw together a mash up on Haven. We keep settings in current form and simply mess with the hill delay at first to see how it would work, and then figure out the best way to arrange hill spawns and weapon placement, as well as spawns later on after we get the details ironed out.

Alternating power ups means the first one is always random. OS and db function different in the sandbox so need to be placed on different parts of the map. And db is broken now

I'l make a thread on koth, got some ideas that could make it play better with the glitch

Is DB really so broken though?

Sure it kills in 2 headshots. I get that. But you die considerably faster in the form of a 4k at this point anyway, thus speeding up the entire pace. If it were possible, I would want to look at having it spawn once within a game, halfway through or at 5 minutes remaining, and see how it works within the sandbox. Because of it being so powerful, it would certainly be a control point, and give the controlling team a chance to turn things around and maybe pull an upset.

I just don't think that we ever really gave DB a chance, and now that it's so powerful, I think it should be utilized to the best advantage. I know it would be risky, but I think it could really make for some exciting plays.

Camo plus Speedboost should replace OS.

Camo PLUS Speed boost?

Want to expand a little bit on how that would work out? all I can see happening is someone with such a powerup running around with a sniper and never getting called out correctly because he is moving too quickly. On top of that, both of those are more than powerful enough to be utilized on their own without a compliment from the others.

HOWEVER.

If there was a way to make a custom power up that made:

• OS more powerful but cut his speed down
  • Camo user has speed increase

I think we could have a very interesting idea on our hands that made players think about what PU would benefit their team, and playing style, the most.

Is DB really so broken though?

Sure it kills in 2 headshots. I get that. But you die considerably faster in the form of a 4k at this point anyway, thus speeding up the entire pace. If it were possible, I would want to look at having it spawn once within a game, halfway through or at 5 minutes remaining, and see how it works within the sandbox. Because of it being so powerful, it would certainly be a control point, and give the controlling team a chance to turn things around and maybe pull an upset.

I just don't think that we ever really gave DB a chance, and now that it's so powerful, I think it should be utilized to the best advantage. I know it would be risky, but I think it could really make for some exciting plays.

I gave DB a chance.

I have my doubts. I certainly have my doubts. With the way the spawn system works in this game we would be one lucky spawn away from a team getting exterminated and losing the game.

I dont get this

You can't just mindlessly rush Camo like you can OS. You could make OS burnable but then lose the effect of the power up in many cases cause it gets burned. Camo is more interesting. It rewards good players more than OS and punishes bad players worse than OS does.

I dont get this

In Hill getting extermed could net the opposing team ten or fifteen seconds hill time. With this glitch they could put a minute of hill time on the scoreboard.

You can't just mindlessly rush Camo like you can OS. You could make OS burnable but then lose the effect of the power up in many cases cause it gets burned. Camo is more interesting. It rewards good players more than OS and punishes bad players worse than OS does.

I wish OS was auto pickup in H4. I hate it when you get a guy 1 shot and he's sitting on top of the OS and just picks it up. -.-

I wish OS was auto pickup in H4. I hate it when you get a guy 1 shot and he's sitting on top of the OS and just picks it up. -.-

The solution is to make OS burnable, where if your not full shields or recharging shields it does nothing, but then the power up effect appears much less due to players burning it when they're one shot just so the other team doesn't get it.

The solution is to make OS burnable, where if your not full shields or recharging shields it does nothing, but then the power up effect appears much less due to players burning it when they're one shot just so the other team doesn't get it.

This is something that I'm surprised hasn't been brought up more frequently. The idea that you can't burn a PU in this game takes so much away from the metagame and the strategy that goes into securing OS (and Camo, if that were to be an option) think about how Simplex and Dispatch would play off the start if we had a burnable OS. People would actually have to set up and put the other team down before trying to go for the PU in the center of the map. We would actually see some sort of map control taking place in order to utilize it, rather than just rushing and seeing who has better host.

I actually feel ashamed that I haven't thought about the outcomes there. It would play so much cleaner.

We should definitely look into doing this.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is something that I'm surprised hasn't been brought up more frequently. The idea that you can't burn a PU in this game takes so much away from the metagame and the strategy that goes into securing OS (and Camo, if that were to be an option) think about how Simplex and Dispatch would play off the start if we had a burnable OS. People would actually have to set up and put the other team down before trying to go for the PU in the center of the map. We would actually see some sort of map control taking place in order to utilize it, rather than just rushing and seeing who has better host.

I actually feel ashamed that I haven't thought about the outcomes there. It would play so much cleaner.

We should definitely look into doing this.

Yeah, agreed. But... I doubt it's a change 343 could just "do" in an update whenever, it would most likely take them 3+ months to "test" it and bring it out in a TU. Not worth the effort imo.  -_-

I think for an objective gametype like this, the 250 spawn system might play nicely. AKA: Place spawns every-freakin'-where.

As far as that idea for a KoTH gametype, we would probably need to set time to win somewhere around 500 points or so to ensure that the game lasts longer than 5 minutes. I mean if the time has the possibility of moving at 4x the regular speed than we would have games being a landslide and being over in 3 or 4 minutes with the current set.