Multichem

V5 Ideas, requests, and Concerns

I am very familiar with the weapon system. 

The only way to delay map ordnances from spawning at the beginning is to make them static weapons (Railguns and Rockets).

Currently Railgun on Abandon for example does not spawn at start but will then spawn 3 minutes into the game.

It would be best to keep Railguns and Rockets on 3 minute timers, they are the strongest power weapons... so a delayed OS on Simplex would be impossible, and OS on Onyx and Dispatch could work but they would spawn at 3 minute intervals, which would be far too long IMO.

I can go in-depth of how the system works, but what I said is accurate.

So there's no way to change the Delay time to 90 seconds instead of 180? That seems a bit ridiculous. Then again, there is a thread well over a hundred pages about how 343i needs more custom game options. I suppose I wouldn't be surprised.

I do, however, disagree with you on the railgun/rockets being at 3 minutes each. Yes, they are powerful. And no, we do not want them abused. But speeding up the timers on them would be justifiable due to the sped up kill times that we now have. Games will not only play much faster now, but be over much quicker, and with that we need the PW/PU on map to keep up. Now, I certainly don't think they should be on 1 minute timers, because that would just be infinity settings. But Railgun at 120 and Rockets at 150 is not a bad idea.

Yep, just finished Unity V3 with static weapon spawns/a few of the changes in your list on the OP.

PODS are awful. If you want them to be good items, you just create more problems.

I know, it's a pretty blaring issue we have to look at. I mean I want to keep them included because they are a large part of this game, but the things are just so gamebreaking in so many situations that it's hard to imagine a combination of useful ones that won't just destroy competition.

I'm sure we can figure something out though.

We're all smart dudes here.

Yep, just finished Unity V3 with static weapon spawns/a few of the changes in your list on the OP.

PODS are awful. If you want them to be good items, you just create more problems.

which changes did you include in your settings?

I mean I want to keep them included because they are a large part of this game, but the things are just so gamebreaking in so many situations

Thats all thats needed to be said. I did it  awhile back with the PODS as SB/JP and Holo. It adds nothing to the game at all, and really, PODS are in less than half of the playlists.

which changes did you include in your settings?

Big changes are

-Static weapon drop spawns (going to have to run a test night to ensure they are all working correctly). Placed on top of Ext cylinders so they are easier to see

-Fromt that, items like SAW, Icannon, and Conc rifle are in

-DB out, managed to get a SB on a 90s timer on 1 map

-New maps

-OS is on 90s (though it was already like that) which gives teams something to fight for inbetween the lull between 2/3 min weapons.

-1 AA per map

(other stuff not really relevant to 4s)

- 2 v 2 changes from the feedback from the tourney I did (inc a 2s version of Abandon and Adrift). 2s still using the old weapon settings due to the 2x OS being far too strong (343 made it even stronger, a 13 BR shot kill). Does a 1x OS gametype exist with the TU?

-1 V 1 added

-Items lik

So there's no way to change the Delay time to 90 seconds instead of 180? That seems a bit ridiculous. Then again, there is a thread well over a hundred pages about how 343i needs more custom game options. I suppose I wouldn't be surprised.

I do, however, disagree with you on the railgun/rockets being at 3 minutes each. Yes, they are powerful. And no, we do not want them abused. But speeding up the timers on them would be justifiable due to the sped up kill times that we now have. Games will not only play much faster now, but be over much quicker, and with that we need the PW/PU on map to keep up. Now, I certainly don't think they should be on 1 minute timers, because that would just be infinity settings. But Railgun at 120 and Rockets at 150 is not a bad idea.

We can have a delayed 90 second timer, then static 90 seconds, but it would also mean that Rockets and Railguns would spawn every 90 seconds on other maps (obviously a problem)

They could, of course, make seperate gametypes for each map, but that is tedious and is difficult for players to manage.

Thats all thats needed to be said. I did it  awhile back with the PODS as SB/JP and Holo. It adds nothing to the game at all, and really, PODS are in less than half of the playlists.

Big changes are

-Static weapon drop spawns (going to have to run a test night to ensure they are all working correctly). Placed on top of Ext cylinders so they are easier to see

-Fromt that, items like SAW, Icannon, and Conc rifle are in

-DB out, managed to get a SB on a 90s timer on 1 map

-New maps

-OS is on 90s (though it was already like that) which gives teams something to fight for inbetween the lull between 2/3 min weapons.

-1 AA per map

(other stuff not really relevant to 4s)

- 2 v 2 changes from the feedback from the tourney I did (inc a 2s version of Abandon and Adrift). 2s still using the old weapon settings due to the 2x OS being far too strong (343 made it even stronger, a 13 BR shot kill). Does a 1x OS gametype exist with the TU?

-1 V 1 added

-Items lik

Is it really worth it to fracture the community  when we are all working together to work on V4/V5... new settings really aren't what we need now. 

Is it really worth it to fracture the community  when we are all working together to work on V4/V5... new settings really aren't what we need now. 

Just for customs/introducing ideas that people will like. Im not planning some mass invasion of Halo. (4 v 4 wise)

We can have a delayed 90 second timer, then static 90 seconds, but it would also mean that Rockets and Railguns would spawn every 90 seconds on other maps (obviously a problem)

They could, of course, make seperate gametypes for each map, but that is tedious and is difficult for players to manage.

With that logic, you're fracturing the community by suggesting different timers :p

Also, we cant have 90 second static Ord. 80 or 100.

I dont think it would be difficult to manage in the slightest. Sure it would be a bit annoying, but more than worth it to have the best settings available. We need to look into this.

Is it really worth it to fracture the community when we are all working together to work on V4/V5... new settings really aren't what we need now.

I see nothing wrong with it. His settings will give us a legitimate testing ground for many things we wish to add into throwdown. He has a competition base and people to test anything he puts out, and thats what we really need. Although his settings arent a carbon copy, we can look at how each one of our purposed changes will affect the metagame and make some decisions based off the results.

Doju has had his Unity settings for a while now, and it just adds more practice and competitive value to the game. Same with Goldpro, same with the LR based gametypes. It all helps show what works and what doesnt.

Dont think of it as fracturing the community, think of it as assigning tests to different squads. Its all for a good, same cause. Halo.

I see nothing wrong with it. His settings will give us a legitimate testing ground for many things we wish to add into throwdown. He has a competition base and people to test anything he puts out, and thats what we really need. Although his settings arent a carbon copy, we can look at how each one of our purposed changes will affect the metagame and make some decisions based off the results.

Doju has had his Unity settings for a while now, and it just adds more practice and competitive value to the game. Same with Goldpro, same with the LR based gametypes. It all helps show what works and what doesnt.

Dont think of it as fracturing the community, think of it as assigning tests to different squads. Its all for a good, same cause. Halo.

Well put.

Its like what we said on the last page (assigning Hahka as the only forger with one mindset)

I know, it's a pretty blaring issue we have to look at. I mean I want to keep them included because they are a large part of this game, but the things are just so gamebreaking in so many situations that it's hard to imagine a combination of useful ones that won't just destroy competition.

I'm sure we can figure something out though.

We're all smart dudes here.

Am I the only one who likes the current idea, armor abilities? If you watch pro scrims, you can see plenty of examples of the Hardlight being used effectively, so I don't think they are underpowered. I think of them as a new sort of equipment, that is just multi-use but is still lost upon death.

The only problem with the current PODs is the choices. I think the Hardlight should stay, as it is balanced and takes skill, but I think the Hologram and maybe even Thruster Pack should be replaced - they feel underpowered in competitive play. Maybe a Regen Field would be a good option to replace one of them? 

I'm with you in the tought that the current PODs don't feel easy to utilize. I think that if we could make it so that on choice was a semi power weapon with no extra clip, one was an AA that was actually useful like ProVision or Camo or something, and one that was either a boltshot or a plasma pistol. (probably leaning more towards PP), then it might work. Maybe.

Actually, the only one that I would really think would disrupt gameplay a lot would be the power weapon idea. I actually really like the idea of camo being earned, and the Plasma pistol is far from overpowered but certainly under utilized.

In regards to this, I disagree. I've already stated that I think the current idea is a good one, but more powerful choices other than Hardlight should be in. However, I think promethean vision would be really overpowered and game-breaking in competitive play. You could just have someone anchor at your base in Dispatch CTF for example, toggling on Promethean to get enemy locations all over the map and feeding those callouts to ring 3/a sniper. I think camo would work if it was still a powerup, but as it is now I don't see it being good.

Thats why I feel a combination like Hardlight Shield/Regen Field/Thruster Pack would be good PODs. 

In any case, I think a slightly retuned choice menu of armor abilities would be the best for competition.

What do you all think the armor abilities for competitive PODs should be?

I think the game improves alot more if you discuss map/weapon/gametype choice.

Not what second tier AA you get handed to you twice a game

"I know that adrift isn't exactly the fan favorite, but if we keep it (which we should, considering it's on disc) I would like to see a weapon placement change involved an OS on top mid, while rockets are put on blue corner, replacing one of the sniper rifles. This way, we have a more malleable choice to make in the beginning of the match, as well as options and scenarios that the flag carrier can play with. Also, taking one power weapon out of the equation will help with the congestion of the hallways, thus helping map movement. I'd really like to see this at least tested out, just to see how it plays."

If you put a rocket on one corner and a sniper on the other, both teams will have a different power weapon at the end of their big hall. I don't think that's fair. I think adrift ctf is good as is and should not be changed.

"No sprint, increase Base movement up to 110%. Sprint is a detriment and a crutch, and why it was even put into this game after it was taken out of Reach due to it's unpopularity baffles me. It makes map design drab and boring, devalues map control and power positions, lower the effectiveness of call outs, allows mistakes to go unpunished, and causes more CQC than needed."

NS definitely needs extensive testing before it's implemented

"If we do go with NS settings, scale the maps down to a suitable size for jumps and routes to still be accessible even without sprint."

Easier said than done... and we'd really be even further segmenting ourselves from the rest of the Halo community. 

"Consider Damage Boost as an offensive power up to be controlled on at least one map. DB is plenty capable for utilization as a map placed power up to be controlled for offensive strategy. It only lasts 30 seconds, meaning it must be used quickly, thus disrupting stand offs and speeding up gameplay; It would be a perfectly viable opposite to OS, allowing for a team that is down to turn the tables through a perfectly balanced and fair scenario; it would open up the games sandbox more than we already have; and it would give plenty of help to the metagame, giving many new and exciting strategies to be devised and executed"

I'm fine with DB as a powerup. Good idea.

"Consider a new map remake. When I say new, I mean something that we haven't seen remade for tournament play. I, personally, would love to see Cold Storage or Construct be remade for this game. Both play extremely well and have proven their competitive nature through trial and error. I understand people have a thing against remade maps, but they don't make a new NASCAR track ever year for a reason. Muscle memory makes for exciting plays and strategies"

I wouldn't want to see Cold Storage but Construct could work.

"Please be respectful and constructive to others when posting.

Consider replacing Dispatch with a more complex map (Ender, Strident, Confined have been mentioned)"

Dispatch is ok. I like that there's a power position but it has always played strangely to me. I'd like to see OS replaced with snipe on ring 2 and OS moved to ring 1 so it wouldn't be so sniper-dominant. 

"Change OS to 90 second timer rather than current 120 second"

I like 120 second, it's easier to time in your head when it's even increments of one minute AND who wants to be dealing with a dual-layer OS guy more often than we are now? 120 seconds is fine.

"Evaluate Adrift power placements"

They're good as they are.

"Consider changing weapon spawns on Dispatch 2 PW, 1 PU instead of 3 PW, 1 PU"

What's the third PW on v4? Isn't it Snipe2x/OS right now?

"Consider inclusion of DB/SB in replacement of PW"

I'm cool with this.

"implement NS settings/gametypes/maps if possible"

After community testing, maybe.

"Increase base player speed to 120% instead of 110%"

110% is good. It's already feeling fast enough as my 4 sens reticle is struggling to keep up with fast-moving players. Plus we want to stay in line with the rest of the Halo universe. 

"lower gravity to 95%"

No. 

"Consider sliced Monolith as a replacement for Adrift"

I haven't played MSlice but Adrift is great as is. 

"Switching from dynamic player spawns to a static spawn system"

Wouldn't that increase spawn trapping?

"Find and test relevant and viable asymmetrical maps"

Who could argue with this? More testing = good. But not just the powers that be, the whole community.

"Adjust and evaluate quicker spawn timers for PW/PU to match our quicker sandbox after the weapon balancing."

What do quicker spawn timers have to do with slightly faster kill times? Leave it.

"Consider changes to abandon's weapon layout (Sniper gold court, rockets/railgun on beach, OS fine)"

I like PW at beach instead of purple, but rocket would be too OP on abandon, no? 

"evaluate Shotguns/Scattershots and their viability as usable PW within the settings"

usable? strange wording. of course they're usable. that's not the question. do they make sense on a gametype? on smaller maps, all signs point to no. 

"Push for a Custom PU/Camo pick up for placement on maps"

I'm mixed on this. Camo is a little lame but it would give us something else to think about. I think it's worth pursuing if v4 feels stale. At this time, I don't think it feels stale but give it a few weeks and who knows.

"Consider placement of PW/PU on bottom mid court of Haven"

why?

"Make fixing KoTH/Oddball for competitive settings a priority for MM team, so they can be utilized in rotation"

Definitely. Although I don't personally care about nor do I particularly want to see oddball.

"Encourage the use of maps from multiple forgers"

Yes, after community play testing, perhaps. Isn't onyx a perfect example of this?

"Remove OS from initial spawns, consider 90 second timers"

Disagree, fine as it is.

Yes, I realize my post is very drawn out and a bit anal, talking about every point like this. The truth is that a forum post isn't the best way to handle these questions. I think there needs to be an official poll on each decision that needs to be made. And a way to discuss each decision individually. So that's another suggestion I want to make. And we need to find a way to prevent people from gaming that poll to skew the results.
  • Downvote (-1) 1

With that logic, you're fracturing the community by suggesting different timers :P

Also, we cant have 90 second static Ord. 80 or 100.

I was not suggesting seperate timers... I said it would not work due to seperate timers.

And they can mod us 90 seconds like they did 3 minutes. But once again, I did not suggest it.

The settings I'm okay with that helps test things... its maps that bother me. There was no incentive for me to play his Unity Doubles tournament when there are 30 different versions of maps. Everyone would rather play the maps they are familiar with (Matchmaking Doubles, 4v4 Throwdown Maps)

This might sound like a silly question, but what needs to be fixed in each of those?

(I've been out of the competitive loop for like 2 years. It's only Snipedown/Pistola's streams that have gained my interest as of recently)

Oddball has the throwing ability where you can launch it across the whole map, doesn't really fit into competitive gaming and there's no option to turn that off. KoTH currently has a glitch where if 2 or more people on the same team enter the current Hill at the same time I believe, they each gain points that stack on each other. Welcome back, though!

Oddball has the throwing ability where you can launch it across the whole map, doesn't really fit into competitive gaming and there's no option to turn that off. KoTH currently has a glitch where if 2 or more people on the same team enter the current Hill at the same time I believe, they each gain points that stack on each other. Welcome back, though!

The Koth glitch is when two people walk in together. While they don't exactly stack, the counter gets very buggy and counts up at an increased rate.

The Koth glitch is when two people walk in together. While they don't exactly stack, the counter gets very buggy and counts up at an increased rate.

From what I've seen it stacks at an increased rate based on how many people are in the hill. So, if 2 people enter at the same time you gain points twice as fast, if 3 enter at the same time you gain points 3 times as fast etc.

Might be wrong, though.

The settings I'm okay with that helps test things... its maps that bother me. There was no incentive for me to play his Unity Doubles tournament when there are 30 different versions of maps. Everyone would rather play the maps they are familiar with (Matchmaking Doubles, 4v4 Throwdown Maps)

Erm, none of the throwdown maps were in the doubles tournament, apart from Skyline, which oddly enough, has the same exact layout as throwdown skyline.

Using 4 v 4 only maps for a doubles tournament is an insult to 2 v 2 players. Maps like dispatch are better than Titan? No chance.

The point of testing is to try new stuff out surely? Not use what people already play.

I think the game improves alot more if you discuss map/weapon/gametype choice.

Not what second tier AA you get handed to you twice a game

I agree, just wanted to here peoples thoughts on them. They might not be as important as the weapons/gametypes/maps but they certainly hold their place in discussion, and need to have some focus at some point.

But you're right, enough of that.

"I know that adrift isn't exactly the fan favorite, but if we keep it (which we should, considering it's on disc) I would like to see a weapon placement change involved an OS on top mid, while rockets are put on blue corner, replacing one of the sniper rifles. This way, we have a more malleable choice to make in the beginning of the match, as well as options and scenarios that the flag carrier can play with. Also, taking one power weapon out of the equation will help with the congestion of the hallways, thus helping map movement. I'd really like to see this at least tested out, just to see how it plays."

If you put a rocket on one corner and a sniper on the other, both teams will have a different power weapon at the end of their big hall. I don't think that's fair. I think adrift ctf is good as is and should not be changed.

"No sprint, increase Base movement up to 110%. Sprint is a detriment and a crutch, and why it was even put into this game after it was taken out of Reach due to it's unpopularity baffles me. It makes map design drab and boring, devalues map control and power positions, lower the effectiveness of call outs, allows mistakes to go unpunished, and causes more CQC than needed."

NS definitely needs extensive testing before it's implemented

"If we do go with NS settings, scale the maps down to a suitable size for jumps and routes to still be accessible even without sprint."

Easier said than done... and we'd really be even further segmenting ourselves from the rest of the Halo community. 

"Consider Damage Boost as an offensive power up to be controlled on at least one map. DB is plenty capable for utilization as a map placed power up to be controlled for offensive strategy. It only lasts 30 seconds, meaning it must be used quickly, thus disrupting stand offs and speeding up gameplay; It would be a perfectly viable opposite to OS, allowing for a team that is down to turn the tables through a perfectly balanced and fair scenario; it would open up the games sandbox more than we already have; and it would give plenty of help to the metagame, giving many new and exciting strategies to be devised and executed"

I'm fine with DB as a powerup. Good idea.

"Consider a new map remake. When I say new, I mean something that we haven't seen remade for tournament play. I, personally, would love to see Cold Storage or Construct be remade for this game. Both play extremely well and have proven their competitive nature through trial and error. I understand people have a thing against remade maps, but they don't make a new NASCAR track ever year for a reason. Muscle memory makes for exciting plays and strategies"

I wouldn't want to see Cold Storage but Construct could work.

"Please be respectful and constructive to others when posting.
Consider replacing Dispatch with a more complex map (Ender, Strident, Confined have been mentioned)"

Dispatch is ok. I like that there's a power position but it has always played strangely to me. I'd like to see OS replaced with snipe on ring 2 and OS moved to ring 1 so it wouldn't be so sniper-dominant. 

"Change OS to 90 second timer rather than current 120 second"

I like 120 second, it's easier to time in your head when it's even increments of one minute AND who wants to be dealing with a dual-layer OS guy more often than we are now? 120 seconds is fine.

"Evaluate Adrift power placements"

They're good as they are.

"Consider changing weapon spawns on Dispatch 2 PW, 1 PU instead of 3 PW, 1 PU"

What's the third PW on v4? Isn't it Snipe2x/OS right now?

"Consider inclusion of DB/SB in replacement of PW"

I'm cool with this.

"implement NS settings/gametypes/maps if possible"

After community testing, maybe.

"Increase base player speed to 120% instead of 110%"

110% is good. It's already feeling fast enough as my 4 sens reticle is struggling to keep up with fast-moving players. Plus we want to stay in line with the rest of the Halo universe. 

"lower gravity to 95%"

No. 

"Consider sliced Monolith as a replacement for Adrift"

I haven't played MSlice but Adrift is great as is. 

"Switching from dynamic player spawns to a static spawn system"

Wouldn't that increase spawn trapping?

"Find and test relevant and viable asymmetrical maps"

Who could argue with this? More testing = good. But not just the powers that be, the whole community.

"Adjust and evaluate quicker spawn timers for PW/PU to match our quicker sandbox after the weapon balancing."

What do quicker spawn timers have to do with slightly faster kill times? Leave it.

"Consider changes to abandon's weapon layout (Sniper gold court, rockets/railgun on beach, OS fine)"

I like PW at beach instead of purple, but rocket would be too OP on abandon, no? 

"evaluate Shotguns/Scattershots and their viability as usable PW within the settings"

usable? strange wording. of course they're usable. that's not the question. do they make sense on a gametype? on smaller maps, all signs point to no. 

"Push for a Custom PU/Camo pick up for placement on maps"

I'm mixed on this. Camo is a little lame but it would give us something else to think about. I think it's worth pursuing if v4 feels stale. At this time, I don't think it feels stale but give it a few weeks and who knows.

"Consider placement of PW/PU on bottom mid court of Haven"

why?

"Make fixing KoTH/Oddball for competitive settings a priority for MM team, so they can be utilized in rotation"

Definitely. Although I don't personally care about nor do I particularly want to see oddball.

"Encourage the use of maps from multiple forgers"

Yes, after community play testing, perhaps. Isn't onyx a perfect example of this?

"Remove OS from initial spawns, consider 90 second timers"

Disagree, fine as it is.

Yes, I realize my post is very drawn out and a bit anal, talking about every point like this. The truth is that a forum post isn't the best way to handle these questions. I think there needs to be an official poll on each decision that needs to be made. And a way to discuss each decision individually. So that's another suggestion I want to make. And we need to find a way to prevent people from gaming that poll to skew the results.

Next time, please use the "quote" button. This was much more difficult to read than it needed to be.

Having power weapons at each end of the big halls is already happeneing with the snipes spawning at corners. My plan is to replace one with Rockets to give players a choice as to which way they run, and who to send where. As it stands, you pretty much have to send 2 towards top mid for rockets, and the others have choice of movement towards either sniper. That's fine, but it makes it so the map get's cluttered with PWs and there is less of an emphasis on individual player skill. With one less PW (as a PU is placed top mid in OS) we eliminate that problem, while increasing player movement. With OS spawning top mid and rockets on blue corner, all players of the team must secure something, or the other team will gain the upper hand at some rate. It allows more strategy to be developed and keeps things moving well. Plus, with the idea of OS being spawned at 90 seconds, snipers at 120 and Rockets at 150, we have staggered timers which give constant player movement within the game. All things that would be healthy for any gametype.

Final statement on that point, what version of Adrift have you been playing that plays fine? Who's fileshare is it in? I ask because there's no way you have been playing the one in throwdown if you think it plays well.

While I agree that Dispatch plays Okay, it certainly doesn't play great. And we need it to, or we need another map. it's power position is a weak one that is easy to take down from literally any position on the map. Also, it's flat an unimaginative in many ways. It's a donut with a finger through it, basically. If we can make away with it and bring in an Asymmetrical map in it's place, I think we would be better off. However, if we must keep it, I agree that it should be a different weapon layout. While I have always liked sniper battles of start, having 2 snipes on a map that is so basic and open. I agree with one person earlier having said to put OS at green pillars and Snipe at yellow pillars, while having an undetermined PW spawn bottom mid. but after thinking about that a bit while I was at work last night, the lines of sight would just muddle any and all starting rushes to the point where the bottom mid PW wouldn't be able to be touched with people rushing to separate sides of the map. The map itself is just frustrating.

As far as OS goes with being changed to a 90 second timer, we have such a nice little weapon sandbox at this point that we need to begin rethinking how often things should spawn, and OS is certainly looking like it needs to be faster. it now takes 13 shots to kill someone with OS from the BR, which is radically fast if you are getting teamshot. Because of this, we need to look at ways to keep it relevant in play other than getting 1 or 2 quick kills, or getting an easy extraction. having it come up more often will keep player movement at where it needs to be and give more unique incentives to how ou should move about the map. With a 90 second timer, it will eventually spawn at the same time as something else on the map, but not every time. This adds an interesting dynamic to the metagame as far as movement choices go, while also keeping players thinking the entire game. And with that being said, it's not a bad thing having to focus on when things come up. No one ever said that timing weapons should be easy. That kind of thinking has never led to anything good, and keeping things skillful and intelligent is what should be encouraged, not giving players a break because they don't want to think about things.

in reply to implementing NS settings you said, "after community testing, maybe"

I'm focusing on the word maybe here. Do you have something against NS?

If you can't keep up with 110% on 4, then you probably need to adjust your layout accordingly. You can't say 110% is too fast just because you can't keep up. Others can, as well as being able to keep up in 120% settings. 120% is only being considered with jumps and movement around current maps in mind. With that being said, I'll jump right into the idea of 95% gravity and how it's a good idea. for whatever reason you simply said no, even after I had stated to have good reasoning in the OP. But why no? Why wouldn't you want a slightly higher jump? Why wouldn't you want to be able to make the same jumps as before without changing the speed? why wouldn't you want to open up more tactics and escapes? There is much more good that goes into the idea than bad, unless you know something that I don't.

Yes, switching to Static player spawns would increase spawn trapping. No, I don't think that is a bad thing in the slightest. It has always been a huge part of the game and controlling a map and it was only done away with because little Timmy was getting frustrated he was getting killed too often (later on little Timmy actually got better and used the same tactic, because it worked, and then the cycle continued). But, point is this, with dynamic spawns it is just too random, and it doesn't allow for proper map control on anything but donut maps (which are awful). With static spawns, we have true map control and the better team always coming out on top, instead of a worse team getting better spawns and possibly stealing a victory.

As stated before, quicker kill times make the game play faster. physically, it will be over sooner. People will be making moves faster and being more aggressive. Things will simply be going on at a faster pace than before. With that in mind, the PW/PU spawns must be able to keep up with the faster paced gameplay to stay relevant within the map and gametypes.

There's a large conversation between me a Doju earlier in the thread discussing why a weapon placement on Bottom of Haven would be necessary to increase movement to the bottom half of the map. I'm actually against the idea in most aspects, but Doju does make good points. It's certainly up in the air, but it might work and help with bottom incentives.

I'm not sure if you read all of the posts in the discussion, but please do before replying with questions to the OP. It is all explained and if I add anything to the compiled list, it was either 1) a good, logical idea that didn't need a full discussion or 2) had plenty of talk involved, and the points made were enough to get it on the list.

With all of that, do you have anything you would like to see changed from V4? it seems you just decided to question everything I had put up as ideas instead of add anything new. I would much rather here what you think needs to change than your opinion on what others have said. constructive criticism is welcomed, as are discussions, but keep it towards moving forward. Thanks!

From what I've seen it stacks at an increased rate based on how many people are in the hill. So, if 2 people enter at the same time you gain points twice as fast, if 3 enter at the same time you gain points 3 times as fast etc.

Might be wrong, though.

I believe you're right about that. The more people in the hill, the faster the counter will run up.

That of course means that if at any given point in a KoTH game the entire team is dead, the opposing team could feasibly rack up 20 points before the other team spawns. Which would be, well, stupid. That would be stupid.

Carbine and BR loadouts?  Any disagreements here and why it shouldn't be added?

No. BR. Only. It needs to be that way to remain close to the original formula, and everyone is on equal footing.