Multichem

V5 Ideas, requests, and Concerns

Carbine and BR loadouts?  Any disagreements here and why it shouldn't be added?

No sprint has to be 125. Already tested, works great. 120 is still too slow.

Anyways, copied from the other forum

Map/weapon/spawn system.

Abandon -  Good to see the 250s spawn theory. I played a few games with what was probably the same system, will make the the map much better. The weapon layout needs rethinking though. OS is in the perfect position, a defensive spot which enforces top mid as the power position, whilst still giving the other team a chance of getting it.

Snipe needs to get away from Gold 2. Teams want to control that spot, why put a snipe on their lap? Place it at gold courtyard. This forces the team to drop down to get it, more encounters are created at that part of the map, and flanks are possible from ring 1/the tunnel next to it, forcing the team in control to cover those areas too. Shotgun at beach achieves nothing. The team at top will never move over to beach to get it, and the team at beach cant break set ups with a shotgun, thus killing the push/pull dynamic of an asym map. Rocks are the ideal weapon for this spot. The team on top will move for it, whilst the team with rocks has to move to actually make it effective (something a snipe wouldnt do there)

Haven - You need a weapon down bottom mid. There is currently no reason for either team to go bottom, cutting the map in half. Putting a desirable weapon down there will create movement and encounters down there, making the map play in a much more interesting way. If you are not going for DB, then Id say Rail gun bottom mid, with snipe and OS up top.

Simplex - (Apologies if I didnt play the right version, got lots of v4 simplexs on my xbox). Rail gun should not be at purple. Its the tower you want to control now after the buff its got. Move that over to bottom yellow to create movement across there. The v4 changes to the map are much better, and if the map can make the bottom level more interesting,varied with flanking options, we could have a good CTF map.

Gametypes

1 plot needs to be 45 seconds. 1 minute just gives the other team too many chances to convert. Put it on 45 seconds, make the games end quicker so that they can be used for split screen play.

Changes

Adrift must go, we have seen too many examples to why its awful. If you are looking for a CTF disc map, go check out the Monolith in my FS. The team cut off one of the towers to make the map play smaller. Its not great, the big tower needs a slight forge make over to make it a more desirable power position (the map currently plays too flat without one), but it plays CTF much better than Adrift.

Im sure you've heard everything about Dispatch by now. Just an all round bad map, too linear, a weak power position at ring 3, snipes are too easy on it. Theres better out there.

I dont mind the onyx/simplex thing. I know it was a last minute change, so good call in picking a fan favourite. However, both can not play in the same 11. Yes, Halo 3 had 5 midship style gametypes, but that was not a good thing at all, especially when we have options. If you still want a landfall map, grab the Unity landfall from my FS. I think it has less pieces so it might not have frame rate lag, cant be sure though. Plays a mean Ext/hill/asym slayer. On that note, the lack of asym maps is a big negative. 1 out of 11 is nowhere near enough, we need to be encouraging the competitive scene that maps with a higher potential meta game are better than 2 base symmetrical maps.

Remove either Onyx or simplex, dispatch gone. We'l see whats available soon.

Going forward

Also, your main utility weapon has dropped from 1.73 to 1.43, its time to reevaluate the sandbox and weapon timers. Items should be spawning faster now, no reason for them not too, forcing players to think more and create more battles for weapons. Rail does not need to be on a 3 min timer now. Other weapons should be getting used with the patch, like the Concussion rifle, and that DB needs to be on the map, no reason not to.

Have more gametypes too. We shouldn't be stuck in the MLG rut of 11 only. Having more makes MM more varied, but split screen players would have more gametypes to play too, helping ensure that they come back for the next competitive event.

I agree with the changes to Abandon for the most part. I still don't like Snipe being in gold court, only because it's still extremely accessible to the team controlling a major power position. I almost don't want something spawning there period, but that isn't the right route to go. I just haven't thought of something specifically that could replace it. But, I will say, moving it to gold court would be an improvement to what it is now. at least then it takes a little effort to secure in that spot, rather than just hangin out up top. As far as Rockets on beach, I think Railgun is a better idea. It seems more balanced for the map itself, and can't be abused as much. Then again, rockets would give a better push, which can be necessary with such a position with gold. So I would have to see a lot of testing on it to be sure.  

For Haven, I don't actually think there should be something powerful spawning bottom mid. I mean we look back to Gaurdian, and that map played perfectly without anything (a mauler) spawning bottom mid. It supposed to be used as a flanking point and a way to move about the map that is slightly less obvious than top mid. I would like having DB spawn where railgun has been spawning on bottom bridge, though. I think that would give plenty of incentive to have the control team move from top mid to secure closed, rather than just team shot from the pockets. plus, it would be a great offensive tool to take out a strategy.

Agreed with Simplex. Nothing to add.

Agreed with the extraction plot change. nothing to add.

I hate Adrift, as do many others. But, With Monolith, we now have something to play with. I've liked monolith since it came out, and thought it needed to be included. I'll have to go check out the unity version and take a look at a few things. I can see how it would be drab without the tower involved, but sometimes simplicity is grand. So I guess we will se what happens with that. But I definitely agree Adrift has to go. Soon. And if not, We need to look at modifying it a lot to change map flow completely.  

We certainly need at least 2 more asym maps. I think that would give us a pretty good balance between map types. I certainly have a bias towards sym maps, and think there should be more of those than asym, but I love the strats that come from asym so I can agree there needs to be more.

Maybe we could change timers from 2 and 3 minutes to 1.5 and 2.5? I don't think we should go lower than that. PW and PU are good to give map movement and create situations that people must control and think about, I agree with you there. But we can't have things spawn too fast simply for the thought of having 5 or 6 PW/PU up at any given time. It would get too hectic. I know that H1 had things spawn on 1 minute timers and I haven't forgotten that. I'm just a big believer in rifle battles and having that be the main factor instead of how many powers you can get and hold. Plus, then we run into situations where the team that misses the first 2 spawns is done for. There's no way to get back up from a team that has a rocket and two snipes the entire game.

What gametypes would you suggest?

Carbine and BR loadouts?  Any disagreements here and why it shouldn't be added?

No. Single weapon load outs are what we need to continue with for balance purposes. It doesn't matter how balanced the sandbox is, if two weapons are different in any way, they will cause balance issues. I see what you're looking at, but we need to stick with a single load out weapon.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Please for the love of all that is holy and halo. No sprint <3  :ghost:

• Upvote (+1) 3

I agree with the changes to Abandon for the most part. I still don't like Snipe being in gold court, only because it's still extremely accessible to the team controlling a major power position. I almost don't want something spawning there period, but that isn't the right route to go. I just haven't thought of something specifically that could replace it. But, I will say, moving it to gold court would be an improvement to what it is now. at least then it takes a little effort to secure in that spot, rather than just hangin out up top. As far as Rockets on beach, I think Railgun is a better idea. It seems more balanced for the map itself, and can't be abused as much. Then again, rockets would give a better push, which can be necessary with such a position with gold. So I would have to see a lot of testing on it to be sure.  Rail gun just needs to be ditched I feel

For Haven, I don't actually think there should be something powerful spawning bottom mid. I mean we look back to Gaurdian, and that map played perfectly without anything (a mauler) spawning bottom mid. It supposed to be used as a flanking point and a way to move about the map that is slightly less obvious than top mid. I would like having DB spawn where railgun has been spawning on bottom bridge, though. I think that would give plenty of incentive to have the control team move from top mid to secure closed, rather than just team shot from the pockets. plus, it would be a great offensive tool to take out a strategy. Guardian did not play well for TS at all, due to a lack of movement incentives, plus, the bottom part of Guardian was one route, whereas bottom Haven is literally half the map.

I hate Adrift, as do many others. But, With Monolith, we now have something to play with. I've liked monolith since it came out, and thought it needed to be included. I'll have to go check out the unity version and take a look at a few things. I can see how it would be drab without the tower involved, but sometimes simplicity is grand. So I guess we will se what happens with that. But I definitely agree Adrift has to go. Soon. And if not, We need to look at modifying it a lot to change map flow completely.  The tower is smaller, not cut off

We certainly need at least 2 more asym maps. I think that would give us a pretty good balance between map types. I certainly have a bias towards sym maps, and think there should be more of those than asym, but I love the strats that come from asym so I can agree there needs to be more.

Maybe we could change timers from 2 and 3 minutes to 1.5 and 2.5? I don't think we should go lower than that. PW and PU are good to give map movement and create situations that people must control and think about, I agree with you there. But we can't have things spawn too fast simply for the thought of having 5 or 6 PW/PU up at any given time. It would get too hectic. I know that H1 had things spawn on 1 minute timers and I haven't forgotten that. I'm just a big believer in rifle battles and having that be the main factor instead of how many powers you can get and hold. Plus, then we run into situations where the team that misses the first 2 spawns is done for. There's no way to get back up from a team that has a rocket and two snipes the entire game. I said make them a tad smaller. There will never be 5 items on the go at once.

What gametypes would you suggest? Memento Hill, Unity landfall, Ender, Monolith maybe

• Remove dispatch
  • 125% NS
  • Remove scattershots on every map, the gun is awful.
  • Add Saw and SB
  • Railgun on simplex should be gold
  • Rail shouldn't be on a 3 min timer

• Most importantly, don't KillaKC us and test the gametypes with only your circle of goonz via twitter.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No. Single weapon load outs are what we need to continue with for balance purposes. It doesn't matter how balanced the sandbox is, if two weapons are different in any way, they will cause balance issues. I see what you're looking at, but we need to stick with a single load out weapon.

The only one with major random spread

• Remove dispatch
  • 125% NS
  • Add Saw and DB

• Most importantly, don't KillaKC us and test the gametypes with only your circle of goonz via twitter.

DB is now broken. 2sk BR

• Upvote (+1) 1

I obviously agree with and support No Sprint - at this point, after Quinn let it loose that it's an option, there's no reason we should even play with it anymore. If the developer is willing to give us even that level of support, we have to take what we can get.

If that's the case though, it's going to open up an entire slew of new design challenges for this community. I personally do not think Ghost and his crew of internal testers will be enough and the road to v5 will be a slow one, full of trial and error, as well as a very hefty discussion/feedback thread... and I'm perfectly okay with that.

Provided no sprint, I would personally like to see us tweak the custom settings as much as we can to resemble previous Halo's - essentially, make v5 Halo 4 what was v7 Halo: Reach. The suggested 95% Gravity is, at least on paper post, a good idea. It might even go a long way to keeping existing jumps viable with 120% speed. As far as 125%, might be a bit much to ask for further modded settings from 343, but if they're willing, why not. Why not also examine the shields? The new kill times are obviously very fast and the removal of sprint will make it even harder for someone to run away - your shields should probably recharge faster, and I'm not talking with the Shielding perk.

Existing Forge maps should be examined and either reforged for the new scale, or replaced entirely. That's all subject to testing and the Forger's willingness to alter their map. I'd honestly hate to see Simplex go. Station 9, on the other hand...

Flag Carrier movement speed will also have to be looked in to, and possibly reduced to compensate for the lack of sprint. Extraction Arm and Convert times might also have to be adjusted.

Really, it's all going to have to boil down to is sprint staying or going for v5. If it is, we riot in the streets do what we've been doing. If not, it's going to be a long testing process that, at the end of the road, needs to redefine how this game is being played. It needs to be a big step.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Meant Speed Boost, typo.

It's useless unless on a.ctf map

Base Player Traits (ask Quinn to provide both, if Overkill can provide it he can as well)

-125% movement speed

-No Sprint

Maps

-Add Landsmall as an Asym Slayer map

-Remove Adrift

The only one with major random spread

major is a bit of an exageration, and you kmow that. But lets try to keep that argument away from this and keep the thread on track with viable changes.

Thanks.

• Remove dispatch
  • 125% NS
  • Add Saw and SB

I very much agree the railgun should be on 2 minute timers, and if we do decide to lower timers to a more sandbox appropriate state, then even see it on 90 second timers.

As far as the saw goes, I think with the recent power boost we face an interesting option with it. Its now powerful enough to justify putting it in desireable areas, but maybe too powerful for a default spawn. As has been suggested in other threads, maybe we could consider adding it as a PW with no extra ammunition (meaning only spawning clip, no extra) this amounts to 3 kills which is a perfectly fine number for a PW. Also, great support weapon. Again, needs a lot of testing, but I think that could work well.

I've got a few ideas I'll throw out...

• Biggest change: No sprint, 125 movement or whatever everyone thinks is best, I havent done much testing
  • Remove PODs and add AA drops as pickups for more movement/control options
  • Adjust Haven extraction sites to: Top mid, bottom open, and top red & top blue streets in the windows
  • Scrap Dispatch, and either Simplex or Onyx
  • Add Landsmall and another forged aysm map
  • Make it a priority to 343 to fix bugged King of the hill gametype so we can use it
  • Reorganize Abandon weapon placement 

If you like Confined then check out Strident by Obi Wai Kenobi (pretty sure that's the author's tag). Much better IMO.

Thanks for the support! Strident has pretty much been flying under the radar for a long time, glad to see it getting noticed and liked.

V2 is in my fileshare with added mancannons which should speed up the gameplay, am interested to hear what you guys think of it!

GT is indeed: Obi Wai Kenobi

• Remove dispatch
  • 125% NS
  • Add Saw and SB

Amen

<p>

I've got a few ideas I'll throw out...

• Biggest change: No sprint, 125 movement or whatever everyone thinks is best, I havent done much testing
  • Remove PODs and add AA drops as pickups for more movement/control options
  • Adjust Haven extraction sites to: Top mid, bottom open, and top red & top blue streets in the windows
  • Scrap Dispatch, and either Simplex or Onyx
  • Add Landsmall and another forged aysm map
  • Make it a priority to 343 to fix bugged King of the hill gametype so we can use it
  • Reorganize Abandon weapon placement

I thoroughly agree that we need king of the hill back into the rotation. Badly. We dont have enough gametypes and that is the biggest one, in my mind, that is missing. I know people argue that extraction is a good replacement, but I disagree. I think we need both to have a healthy rotation.

Some things I think should happen.

• Remove ordinances. Normal weapon spawns with no pods work fine
  • Sprint should be removed.
  • Re-make maps already in or add in new maps to work with no sprint.
  • Remove scattershots on every map like munoz said, the gun is awful. I would rather be shotgunned down.
  • Personal ordinances could stay unless with no sprint thruster is game breaking.

I'll add more to this list as time goes by. Its 8 am and I'm tired

My official list of wants:

• Remove Sprint, 120 or 125% soeed (110% Jump to help with jumps)
  • Remove Dispatch
  • Don't immediately remove Adrift, it can work with NS, it is just is slower paced. (3 Flag, no at-home requirement to score)
  • Consider Onyx Flag, Confined, Monolith, LandSmall, and other community maps
  • Removal of Personal Ordnance, AA's on map (Similar to JetPack on Stat 9)
  • Reconsider weapons on map due to weapon tuning (Light Rifle and Automatic Weapon Placements in Specific)
  • Ordnance replacement on Abandon, Adrift, Monolith, Landfall, and Simplex
  • Remove Scattershot, Replace with Boltshot
  • Shrink maps (Simplex for Base-Top Mid Jump, Onyx for Jump up to bases)

Gametypes:

Splitscreen (6):

Haven Slayer

Abandon Slayer

Skyline Slayer

Skyline Flag (5)

Adrift Flag (3)

Monolith Flag (3)

Full Screen (5):

Haven EXT (60 Seconds)

Simplex Flag (5)

Onyx TS

Onyx Flag (5)

New Forge Map (EXT)

(I have personally assigned Hahkarazy to make the new map)

V5 is going to be huge if we have NS.

agree with most of this! wouldnt mind another map remake if im honest!

(I have personally assigned Hahkarazy to make the new map)

Please dont turn him into the next forger who is the only one that can have maps in the competitive game type list (coming from someone as a fan of Salot and Hahka)

• Upvote (+1) 1