Played a few 2v2's so far... Haven't gotten any 4v4's on it yet and I'm worried that it's too small.

2v2 pace is decent. Not too fast and not too slow.

What weapons are on it?

I'd like to try and sneak this into a 2v2 lobby.

BETA v1.2 weapons are

Rockets - 180s

Overshield - Static/Random

This is subject to change though. I personally don't like Rockets for 2v2's but I love 'em for 4v4's. Looking forward suggestions regarding power weapons so feel free to let me know what you'd like to see.

Noooooch this is looking really, really sexy man!  Your maps are always very easy to look at.  I appreciate the clean layout and interesting piece usage.  Most notably the windows, but I also seen some 2x2 platforms rotated on an unusual angle.  I must investigate this further.  :)

Is this symmetrical?

Noooooch this is looking really, really sexy man!  Your maps are always very easy to look at.  I appreciate the clean layout and interesting piece usage.  Most notably the windows, but I also seen some 2x2 platforms rotated on an unusual angle.  I must investigate this further.  :)

Is this symmetrical?

Thank you!

It is asymmetrical bro.

BETA v1.2 weapons are

Rockets - 180s

Overshield - Static/Random

This is subject to change though. I personally don't like Rockets for 2v2's but I love 'em for 4v4's. Looking forward suggestions regarding power weapons so feel free to let me know what you'd like to see.

For 2s, 2-4 Rockets every 2 minutes on drop spawn seems to work pretty well from the Unity 2s we've been playing lately.

• Upvote (+1) 1

For 2s, 2-4 Rockets every 2 minutes on drop spawn seems to work pretty well from the Unity 2s we've been playing lately.

Unity+ or completely unmodded? Just curious.

Both. A pair of Rockets sure beats the Railgun and Sticky Det.

A+ on the forging. Intrigued to see that you'd like to see 4's on this, though. Like you said, it does come off as rather small.

Both. A pair of Rockets sure beats the Railgun and Sticky Det.

I'm a little iffy on drop spawning weapons because they disappear too quickly, and plus I want to support as many competitive gametypes as possible, which is really restrictive to be honest. I just don't want to have multiple versions of the map for different gametypes is all. 

A+ on the forging. Intrigued to see that you'd like to see 4's on this, though. Like you said, it does come off as rather small.

Thanks Res. It is definitely small but I think it can safely spawn 8 players in a team game so I want to give it a shot. I've set up the map for Extraction and KotH and I think those should be pretty fast paced, but I'll have to find out.

What inspired the name eulogy or did you just like the way it sounds?

This map was inspired by Epitaph so I went with Eulogy. Not only is it similar in definition but it also starts with an "E." Basically, it is just a nod to Epitaph/Epilogue.

Just so everyone knows, I know Epitpah wasn't the most competitive of maps and the shield doors were crap (Epilogue didn't have them) but I just wanted to improve on the design. There aren't that many Epitaph-styled, singular-atrium based maps out there.

Zero clip on unmodded, works pretty well. For + all the bmag is off for rocks so probably can do 4 rocks for that.

As for the map, looks good, will have a look for 2s

Just had a wonder about on this map, looks very promising, about to try and play a 2v2 or 4v4 on it with NS, I'll let you know how it goes

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just took a look around on it in forge and here are some things I liked and disliked about the forging:

Negatives: 

- There are still way too many holes on the map where grenades can fly into, where they shouldn't be able to go into.
- The way the bridges are coming together makes it look sloppy and creates many bumps. 

Positives:
- Love the way you used the braces for the windows, very creative. Never seen it before.
- Also love the use of the catwalk up in bottom mid, also very creative.

Gameplay wise, I can see why people think that bottom mid is such a death trap, it's very open and can pretty much see it from everywhere. Would need a game on this though to confirm that. But other than that looks like a nice 2's map, perhaps even 4's. :)

• Upvote (+1) 2

I was not feeling this map at all after playing it tonight. The middle in general just drives me off the deep end. Bottom mid was way too dangerous and the LoS across the middle were rather long and open as well (Just my opinion here). It was also boring not to have connectivity among the middle (aside from the jumps from bridge to bridge), any verticality, or really any power position.

I'll admit I'm not in the greatest of moods. Anyways, the forging is very nice. Keep it up in that regard.

• Upvote (+1) 1

v1.4 Update

Rockets - 0 spare clips - 118s drop spawn

Sniper - 0 spare clips - 58s drop spawn

Concussion - 0 spare clips - 86s drop spawn

-Added a bridge across the middle

-Moved Rockets to top mid

-Removed all Ordnance

-Cleaned up map (alignment, grenade holes etc.)

demption shall play dis

Can we do another 2 v 2 episode? Trying to figure out more gametypes for the tourney.

BETA v2.2
Rockets - 120s - 0 spare clips
Sniper Rifle - 60s - 0 spare clips
Scattershot - 90s - 0 spare clips

-Took all power weapons off drop spawn
-Placed them normally, but added the max count to 8.
This makes them pseudo-static sort of. The weapon WILL respawn after the given amount of time AFTER they are picked up (or moved) from their spawning location. It's not as great as a pure static spawn, but they can still be timed by players. Locations aren't given away by securing power weapons, and with 0 spare clips they can respawn quickly increasing map flow and force encounters much more often.

-Structural changes throughout the map to block several LoS from door to door
-Spawning changes
-Hill size changes for Koth and Extraction
-Minor spawning adjustments