synth92

Halo 4 with Descoping

August 5, 2013...

The day a single hero, Synth92, lead us from our bored lives playing regular Halo 4 to a life with a Halo game worth playing. 

big-victories.gif

• Upvote (+1) 7

Could you imagine LANs with these settings?! It would make for such a better viewing experience and even more clutch plays with descope in the picture!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I understand how many shots it takes to kill a person in this game. I also understand that if I'm looking across Complex I'd want the DMR in my hands 10/10 times because it's so much easier to get long range kills with.

This is true but I don't play complex.  :lxthul:

(actually id rather LR over DMR)

• Upvote (+1) 1

If your not a member of this website now... you should probably sign up. Just sayin...

• Upvote (+1) 3

Do you play as a pro? Or do you still play online with everyone else?

The problem is that it's basically a magic weapon that you don't even really have to pace with the right mod from anywhere on the map. It's an actual problem in its current iteration, IMO.

Online with everyone else of course, but I haven't had a DMR in my loadouts since BR 4 shot came out.  BR 4 shot is what Halo is and should be about.

But we are not even discussing anything outside of the competitive scene at this moment, we are literally discussing descope for Team Throwdown (yeah never going to happen) and 4 v 4 competitive game types.

The DMR is and should be irrelevant in this discussion.  Personally, I would love to see the lightrifle go away also or made irrelevant when it comes to competitive gametypes.

It may not be practical for MM or split screen play, but I have a feeling there will be a ton more competitive customs being run in H4 if it can be smoothened out. Its unfortunate that the LR won't be viable, but its not a deal breaker for customs.

And yeah, lets limit the hate for 343i. This guy was creative enough to think way outside of the box to try to replicate descope. It isn't something 343i could have done post-launch but hopefully the excitement for these settings will push them towards bringing back descope for H5.

30cantf.png

• Upvote (+1) 3

An error occurred:

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

• Upvote (+1) 6

30cantf.png

Now we finally have another reason other than frame rate drops to get rid of guests from Matchmaking! :D

Jokes of course :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

He just squashed my fear of the Lag could mess it up thing, I don't care that it doesn't work for Forerunner weapons LFGGGGGG

• Upvote (+1) 1

Online with everyone else of course, but I haven't had a DMR in my loadouts since BR 4 shot came out.  BR 4 shot is what Halo is and should be about.

But we are not even discussing anything outside of the competitive scene at this moment, we are literally discussing descope for Team Throwdown (yeah never going to happen) and 4 v 4 competitive game types.

The DMR is and should be irrelevant in this discussion.  Personally, I would love to see the lightrifle go away also or made irrelevant when it comes to competitive gametypes.

I don't know why certain weapons should just be completely disregarded. Every issue with those two weapons is fixed with the implementation of descope.

I don't know why certain weapons should just be completely disregarded. Every issue with those two weapons is fixed with the implementation of descope.

You are 100% correct. The DMR and Lightrifle are not godly weapons anymore from longrange with descope.  You are 100% correct on that one.

You want to talk about interest in a game? There's more people viewing this thread right now than there are in the Global Championship playlist.

tumblr_mbb3c3YDtW1qcf707o2_500.gif

tumblr_mhab5vxVHt1qe9ug4o2_500.gif

where does one go to find gifs like this?

As always PLEASE be respectful to the developers of the game and the community. Mod was made from scratch, not a hidden feature.

That's almost more of a reason to be a little bit upset. If a guy can do it by himself.... Just think what the developers could do?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Side note: Ambush could now be a slighter less deadly team with dat descope  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Guys Guys I think I just realized something.

Descope is actually bad for halo and keeping us in the past.

We all just  need to adapt to flinch.

:lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 6

Wouldn't be surprised if more people view this thread than users played Halo 4 today. Really good to show that these issues are not just competitive players nitpicking and not adapting. Halo players know what makes a good halo game. Simple as that.

• Upvote (+1) 2