synth92

Halo 4 with Descoping

And even though this is awesome news, I can't help but feel it's just a bandaid for bigger problems like huge maps and the DMR.

Forge can get us around the map issue (although at 126% speed most are still fairly manageable) and bloom, aim assist, bullet magnetism, and red reticle range are all values that have been able to be adjusted for a long time now.

If people are going to start playing mods with no sprint and descoping we might as well strip all the crap like bloom, spread, and easy aiming out of the game as well. It could be called a slippery slope, but since this mod is so complex we can't really hold out any hope of descoping coming to Halo 4's Matchmaking playlists any time soon I don't see the harm in making customs as palatable as possible.

• Upvote (+1) 1

• Apparently, the descope mod doesn't work well with Forerunner weapons at the moment.
  • Weaponless Flag holding is achieved by giving the player an Oddball and then deleting it immediately after.
  • Flag juggling "doesn't seem impossible" to include with the mods.
  • It is 100% confirmed that we can get modded No Sprint + Descope gametypes.

1. Forerunner weapons dont need to be in the game

2. As long as it works

3. Descope + no sprint is good enough, but that would be icing on the cake

4. LFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

• Upvote (+1) 4

Forge can get us around the map issue (although at 126% speed most are still fairly manageable) and bloom, aim assist, bullet magnetism, and red reticle range are all values that have been able to be adjusted for a long time now.

If people are going to start playing mods with no sprint and descoping we might as well strip all the crap like bloom, spread, and easy aiming out of the game as well. It could be called a slippery slope, but since this mod is so complex we can't really hold out any hope of descoping coming to Halo 4's Matchmaking playlists any time soon I don't see the harm in making customs as palatable as possible.

If we're making Halo 4 good, let's not halfass it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What's the problem with the DMR? It's currently irrelevant in competitive play which it should stay like that... irrelevant

Do you play as a pro? Or do you still play online with everyone else?

The problem is that it's basically a magic weapon that you don't even really have to pace with the right mod from anywhere on the map. It's an actual problem in its current iteration, IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Hi 343.

Your community lacks excitement about your game.

Almost no one was excited about Halo 4.

No one.

This thread is EXTREMELY excited for this one tiny little mechanic change.

Please.

Take.

Note.

Thank you.

- Halo player for 10+ years

ADAPT.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 6

And even though this is awesome news, I can't help but feel it's just a bandaid for bigger problems like huge maps and the DMR.

Dont care, dont care, dont care.... "Puts fingers in ears" La la la la la.

I just want my descope and my flag throwing abilities back :(

• Upvote (+1) 2

1. Forerunner weapons dont need to be in the game

2. As long as it works

3. Descope + no sprint is good enough, but that would be icing on the cake

4. LFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

He said doesn't seem impossible, which means we might get that too lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

ZxQtf7F.gif

Made a cheeky avatar version too (less than 500kb).

• Upvote (+1) 5

WOW synth you're absolutely killing it dude. In the time that it took me to write this message there have already been 7 new replies filled with excitement. You may have single handedly just saved Halo 4. Congratulations  :goat:

• Upvote (+1) 3

The problem is that it's basically a magic weapon that you don't even really have to pace with the right mod from anywhere on the map. It's an actual problem in its current iteration, IMO.

Br is 4 shot now while DMR stayed 5 shot.  DMR is no longer an issue.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Oops, accidentally negged on the way to quote. Apologies for that.

Personally I'd say it was only an issue in BTB prior to the Turbo update and now the Light Rifle handles those ranges even better with the BR & Carbine being more than .2 seconds faster at closer-medium range and the automatics all destroying it up close. Based on my own experience most players use the BR as their go to loadout weapon now since it's considerably faster than the DMR and cleans up kills much easier.

Br is 4 shot now while DMR stayed 5 shot.  DMR is no longer an issue.

I understand how many shots it takes to kill a person in this game. I also understand that if I'm looking across Complex I'd want the DMR in my hands 10/10 times because it's so much easier to get long range kills with.

I understand how many shots it takes to kill a person in this game. I also understand that if I'm looking across Complex I'd want the DMR in my hands 10/10 times because it's so much easier to get long range kills with.

I'd much rather a Light Rifle because it shoots significantly faster.

• Upvote (+1) 4