synth92

Halo 4 with Descoping

And even though this is awesome news, I can't help but feel it's just a bandaid for bigger problems like huge maps and the DMR.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I used to hate modders cause of the Halo 2 MM days, but because of things like no sprint and now descope. Much love.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Just by the traffic this site is getting and the general reaction how can devs not see what the community wants.

• Upvote (+1) 5

And even though this is awesome news, I can't help but feel it's just a bandaid for bigger problems like huge maps and the DMR.

don't worry synth will fix that too
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Just a bit of a note with this: while it works some of the time, it's done in a very hackish way. There is by no means any sort of built-in descoping feature or trait. It works by giving players a turret and then quickly taking it away when they get damaged. It's very, very, experimental, and I have no idea how this would hold up in actual play due to all of the different edge cases that could occur. Please stop worshipping him, and I'm reporting anyone who tries to talk crap about 343i because of this.
Keep things like this in mind before getting too excited with descope. Any amount of lag could completely desync the weapon swapping, and cause instances where players can't shoot back while getting descoped.

• Upvote (+1) 3

What's the problem with the DMR? It's currently irrelevant in competitive play which it should stay like that... irrelevant

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hey don't bash 343. The way he got it to work is a little ridiculous. Incredibly smart, but still crazy.

and it won't work in matchmaking.

• Apparently, the descope mod doesn't work well with Forerunner weapons at the moment.

Weaponless Flag holding is achieved by giving the player an Oddball and then deleting it immediately after.

Flag juggling "doesn't seem impossible" to include with the mods.

It is 100% confirmed that we can get modded No Sprint + Descope gametypes.

• Upvote (+1) 8