synth92

Halo 4 with Descoping

Time to start 343 bashing. Didn't BS Angel explicitly state that de-scope could not be added to Halo 4?

It can't be added, the way Synth has done it is really out of the box.

• Upvote (+1) 2

343 should fly him out and work on the game for a week. #undadHalo  :gandhi:

Just like how Apple hired Comex who created the JailbreakMe website.  Majority of major software developers hire hackers who break competitors and their own software, including Microsoft.  I am unsure what 343's official comment about descoping has been or how long it would take for them to implement it, but someone just literally did it who just did it to fuck around.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Description

"Here's how it works:

I looped through each player locally and detected when they pressed the zoom button. I also kept track of all player's health and shields. When it detects a player is being damaged AND the player is currently zoomed in, it gives you the "weapon" used in extraction when disarming to hide your weapon then immediately takes it away forcing you to descope. It doesn't work with guests (it only works for the player on the top screen in this video). It also applies a trait set that has the switch speed modifier set to a very high number during this weapon swap to make it appear seamless.

The core mechanism is finished but I need to add in all the edge conditions that cause you to descope as well as detect when a player is holding down the button than just pressing it.

This wouldn't hold up well in matchmaking so please don't expect anything from 343 industries."

• Upvote (+1) 6

It can't be added, the way Synth has done it is really out of the box.

I don't understand the full technical details of using Megalo, but if either of you could expand on this in layman's terms so I can satisfy a little of my own curiosity in regards to how such things are achieved I'd really appreciate it.

EDIT: Nevermind, Faith posted it. Interesting, but if the switch speed has to be set really high does that affect the actual gameplay loop of switching weapons?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't understand the full technical details of using Megalo, but if either of you could expand on this in layman's terms so I can satisfy a little of my own curiosity in regards to how such things are achieved I'd really appreciate it.

EDIT: Nevermind, Faith posted it. Interesting, but if the switch speed has to be set really high does that affect the actual gameplay loop of switching weapons?

It only changes the switch speed while taking damage & scoped in at the same time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Have a look at what Faith just posted, goes pretty in depth as to what he has done. (What Faith quoted is from Synths proof video)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Good settings and the site gets visited by 1200 users.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Okay, I didn't catch that the first time I read it. Fascinating. With a little further refinement and testing this will be amazing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

New video makes it look legit, you got a ton of publicity, and you are a VIP now. Good shit my man. Hope to see this released.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Time to start 343 bashing. Didn't BS Angel explicitly state that de-scope could not be added to Halo 4?

Hey don't bash 343. The way he got it to work is a little ridiculous. Incredibly smart, but still crazy.

• Upvote (+1) 2