synth92

Halo 4 with Descoping

They have more coding knowledge of megalo. They could likely fix any of the bugs much quicker than Synth could with the tools at theier disposal.

Doubtful. Synth is doing something that wasn't meant to be in the game in the first place. There are certain limitations with Megalo that would simply make the gametype unacceptable for matchmaking. The main one being the fact that Guests can't be descoped.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I thought this day would never come. 

All hail based  synth ! 

Please give me those gametypes as soon as you can because  ce9b93b559e7067998baaa8783f963f6.png

Ohh  happy dayyyyyyyyyy !!! 

• Upvote (+1) 1

This isn't normal descope, just like disabling throwing of the Oddball, this is such a hacked method. It took Synth some thinking outside of the box to create. I'm sure none of us knew that Megalo had a way to check if a player is in scope or not.

Sure we did. How would it know whether to make you flinch or not?

Sure we did. How would it know whether to make you flinch or not?

Hard-coded.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Nope, because we can turn down flinch values to 0%

Except yes. Flinching is hard-coded into the game. The Stability perk allows for the amount of flinch to be changed, but there still is flinch technically.

How much Halo 4 modding have you done?

I have to post the following gifs on behalf of the people that care about competitive Halo :

tumblr_m22qkaAMJy1qk5ynno1_400.gif

2724253-fyq7m.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

Doubtful. Synth is doing something that wasn't meant to be in the game in the first place. There are certain limitations with Megalo that would simply make the gametype unacceptable for matchmaking. The main one being the fact that Guests can't be descoped.

Not a problem, no guests allowed in Throwdown :D

• Upvote (+1) 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp6c119V8mc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmxtzQyOwgE

My bro was messing with the settings and it glitched. Definitely not a mod. Nope.

As always PLEASE be RESPECTFUL to the developers of the game and the community.

Mod was made from scratch, not a hidden feature.

If this is true I will go completely insane. However if you are a troll... I will find you  :quinn:

• Upvote (+1) 1

If this is true I will go completely insane. However if you are a troll... I will find you  :quinn:

It's not a troll.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just letting you know, he's already stated that lag would not be a factor with this. 

Beyond has been talking with him consistently... lag can most certainly factor in.

At the very best, these settings can be used for some fun/wacky customs. I do think we should continue to kindly make it clear to Quinn and 343i how we feel about sprint. Maybe v6 or v7 can be the same for Halo 4 as it was for Reach?

A "mod" is considered unauthorized tampering of a game (in anyway) by a non-developer, who shouldn't have access to specific tools (i.e. No Sprint, Miniature and Large Spartans, Descope, other Megalo features, etc.)

343 has access to all of these things and they are the developers, so technically the right words to use is that the TOS doesn't apply to them, because they are the ones "officially" manipulating the game code.

Similar to mini-slayer, they can just 'copy and paste' the method the modders used when they want to put it in matchmaking.

Also, putting a playlist/gametype into matchamking isn't a drag and drop process... it's extremely complex. 

To add on to all of that, the descope mod isn't can't function with some weapons, guests can't be descoped, and there can be issues present if lag occurs.

Except 343 didn't do that. They actually created their own gametype from scratch.

Just don't post this on waypoint then we will have some hell to pay and maybe get us in trouble but LETS GOO!

Edit: Well someone jumped the gun and posted it on waypoint... Someone might want to get over there and get ready to put out the fires of the waypointers...

All the threads are getting locked and the Forum mods are banning people, possibly a permaban. But it's getting attention slowly I think.

ZxQtf7F.gif

Made a cheeky avatar version too (less than 500kb).

Moa, PM this as an attachment please?

Also, Synth you just made my day. Hopefully 343 and/or Bravo can address this soon and bring it for Halo 5

It's been gone over before 343 doesn't have to comment on anything. This isn't some 'we could have done it all along' setting that needs justification it's a creative work around that comes with it's own set of problems.

• Upvote (+1) 4

It's been gone over before 343 doesn't have to comment on anything. This isn't some 'we could have done it all along' setting that needs justification it's a creative work around that comes with it's own set of problems.

Yep, its not like the lack of descope was a mistake, they purposly did not want it in the game.