synth92

Halo 4 with Descoping

Just hope MS don't come looking and see what we modded already and ban the people for it..

If we can't get something like no sprint(an actual hidden option), then we certainly won't get descope in matchmaking.

That's why I'm hoping we can convince Quinn/Bravo that we should be allowed a NS gametype 1091.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

I get ya but come on you want people to discuss the game and when people find a way to make it better they get angry and try to hide it under the table.

Just drop it man they have forum rules just like any other forum. :)

So if it's modded it can still get into MM? That's what I'm referring to.

A "mod" is considered unauthorized tampering of a game (in anyway) by a non-developer, who shouldn't have access to specific tools (i.e. No Sprint, Miniature and Large Spartans, Descope, other Megalo features, etc.)

343 has access to all of these things and they are the developers, so technically the right words to use is that the TOS doesn't apply to them, because they are the ones "officially" manipulating the game code.

Similar to mini-slayer, they can just 'copy and paste' the method the modders used when they want to put it in matchmaking.

Also, putting a playlist/gametype into matchamking isn't a drag and drop process... it's extremely complex. 

To add on to all of that, the descope mod isn't can't function with some weapons, guests can't be descoped, and there can be issues present if lag occurs.

• Upvote (+1) 5

A "mod" is considered unauthorized tampering of a game (in anyway) by a non-developer, who shouldn't have access to specific tools (i.e. No Sprint, Miniature and Large Spartans, Descope, other Megalo features, etc.)

343 has access to all of these things and they are the developers, so technically the right words to use is that the TOS doesn't apply to them, because they are the ones "officially" manipulating the game code.

Similar to mini-slayer, they can just 'copy and paste' the method the modders used when they want to put it in matchmaking.

Also, putting a playlist/gametype into matchamking isn't a drag and drop process... it's extremely complex. 

To add on to all of that, the descope mod isn't can't function with some weapons, guests can't be descoped, and there can be issues present if lag occurs.

I guess it just went over my head that 343 can do the same thing(and possibly even improve it). And I already understood the last 2 points.

• Downvote (-1) 1

:unclesudd:  Just knowing how much these modders can actually edit the game makes me the giddiest school-girl. Great things are to come, undoubtedly. 

I still wonder why nobody from 343 have said ANYTHING at all from this? I mean... something like: "Hmmm, descoping... interesting" Or... "Modders, hmm.... I'm hungry" Or idk, something indirect.

I understand that 343 can't talk freely about mods when MS is on their butt, but shouldn't at least say "Hi" to the situation? Just asking?  :(

Junior you on xbox at the moment?

Nope, I'm working for the next few hours

Nope, I'm working for the next few hours

Okay wanted to see if you wanted to play and talk for a bit.

Okay wanted to see if you wanted to play and talk for a bit.

I'm gonna be a bit busy tonight, but I'll probably be giving out some game types for a little bit if you wanna chat

I'm gonna be a bit busy tonight, but I'll probably be giving out some game types for a little bit if you wanna chat

Sounds good

, and there can be issues present if lag occurs.

Just letting you know, he's already stated that lag would not be a factor with this. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I still find it funny that 343 doesn't take a passionate community seriously. If you don't give up what we want we'll find someway of doing it ourselves.

I still find it funny that 343 doesn't take a passionate community seriously. If you don't give up what we want we'll find someway of doing it ourselves.

I think I speak for a lot of people here that 343 has done a lot for the community. They are trying to do what they can with the time they have and the resources that are available to them. I think they are doing a damn good job right now.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I think I speak for a lot of people here that 343 has done a lot for the community. They are trying to do what they can with the time they have and the resources that are available to them. I think they are doing a damn good job right now.

This doesn't look like Pro Whining to me.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Waypoint closed the thread down I think they are angry now lol

I'm sure someone will make another thread about it soon. 

This doesn't look like Pro Whining to me.

Some people were very  :salt:  at the time I got that title

• Upvote (+1) 2

This is a little off topic, but many people have been talking about no sprint. I haven't actually played it, but I have seen people mention that there is a no sprint gametype in action sack I think. If that is the case, why can't someone just go into action sack and after they play that gametype just save and edit it?

This is a little off topic, but many people have been talking about no sprint. I haven't actually played it, but I have seen people mention that there is a no sprint gametype in action sack I think. If that is the case, why can't someone just go into action sack and after they play that gametype just save and edit it?

Because it's CTF, and an altered one at that. The unchangeable Megalo code alteration is that it's like Speedflag from Reach, or CoD style CTF. Flag is on the back, and carrier can do his normal actions. 

-It's just Lightning Flag.

-Shield indicator on the HUD is disabled.

-All types of Ordinance are disabled.

-Every player dies with the Regicide effect.

Unless they patched it in, nothing.

They have more coding knowledge of megalo. They could likely fix any of the bugs much quicker than Synth could with the tools at theier disposal.