Mayday

AGL 10 May Be Going Back To Knoxville

If it goes back to knoxville, will it still be a "small" event? 

No. The only reason a majority of teams and casters won't go to Sturgis is that there is no airport in the city.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No. The only reason a majority of teams and casters won't go to Sturgis is that there is no airport in the city.

Sucks we wont have a "real event" until november then 

He's referring to how Brad is making his decision. 

At least Brad is listening to the community.  AGL has been very quick to make changes to things the community doesn't like.  Props to them.  Hope they movie AGL 10 to Knox.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sucks we wont have a "real event" until november then 

Unless it gets moved back to Knoxville. Giggle Monster will add $1.4k-$2k to the prize pool, and I'm pretty sure almost all the teams and casters, except Ghost, will probably go.

• Upvote (+1) 3

not sure why he doesn't space out events if hes going to repeat locations and venues...the payout isnt even enough to cover the costs i would assume unless you are top 3?

not only that but school is going to start up for some and to top it off with having to pay to play for nearly monthly events for a mediocre game, i dont see the benefit of any amateur team trying to attend unless you are going for the experience. Not worth the time or effort with the way the events are set up IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Can we just get AGL Columbus already and make it the biggest AGL yet?

Call Venue + Reserve a big ass room + Fill with a bunch of Halo nerds + Livestream = PROFIT

• Upvote (+1) 3

Unless it gets moved back to Knoxville. Giggle Monster will add $1.4k-$2k to the prize pool, and I'm pretty sure almost all the teams and casters, except Ghost, will probably go.

Did I miss something? Why no Ghost? I know he's not going to Atlanta, is he confirmed not to go to AGL 10 as well?

Did I miss something? Why no Ghost? I know he's not going to Atlanta, is he confirmed not to go to AGL 10 as well?

Gandhi said Ghost will be busy during AGL 10 and won't be able to go.

Gandhi said Ghost will be busy during AGL 10 and won't be able to go.

Dang what a bummer. Maybe AGL can recruit Bravo for the event alongside Maven and Goldenboy.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can we just get AGL Columbus already and make it the biggest AGL yet?

Call Venue + Reserve a big ass room + Fill with a bunch of Halo nerds + Livestream = PROFIT

The first AGL columbus is by far still the best event they've held imo 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The first AGL columbus is by far still the best event they've held imo 

Did they hold AGL Columbus? The earliest I remember was Jersey.

It may suck for some people, but ultimately this is far better for the majority and for halo.  

If you live close to sturgis and this is a bummer for you, consider your predicament a sacrifice for the greater good.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It may suck for some people, but ultimately this is far better for the majority and for halo.  

If you live close to sturgis and this is a bummer for you, consider your predicament a sacrifice for the greater good.

This. Even though I could have went to Sturgis, I'm happy that they changed it. Hopefully they will come back to a better location it the future.

I am actually annoyed by the move. No, it is not because I was going to attend etc, but for the fact for the people who already booked flights, booked hotels, made plans to go to Michigan for that weekend. Can't announce something then change there minds. Highly unprofessional IMO. If the people who already made plans got their money back for example, then the situation would still be a bit better, but I seriously doubt that will happen. 

Yes I understand that Knoxville would bring more teams, more money etc, but these decisions should have been made prior to release of the dates. I just feel like some teams just got screwed over.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Did they hold AGL Columbus? The earliest I remember was Jersey.

First event was chicago, then columbus. New jersey was their fourth event.

TLDR:  AGL Sturgis has an airport, quite being a baby over a 25 minute drive.  Hopefully AGL can host more events in the midwest.

I'm extremely disappointed in AGL.  First they dropped the ball with the location in Michigan.  But if people were a little more accomodating there is a air port under 30 miles from the venue...so for all the people who were complaining about it (cough* Ghandi cough), do some research. Thats a mere 20-25 minute drive from the air port...something that you are going to have/had at majority of future/past venues.

Secondly, if no Sturgis why run right back to BFK? Why not try to find a happy medium, maybe Columbus?  MLG had great success in Ohio, no reason why AGL shouldn't.  While I'm on this rant, I understand that this is better for competitive Halo in the sense that more pro teams will show up resulting in more viewers equating to more exposure and revenue. BUT, AGL can achieve this without alienating the people in the Midwest specifically: Michigian, Wisonsin, Northern Ohio, Nothern Indiana, Nothern Illinois, Northern PA... you get my point, there are A LOT of competitive players in this area; I would argue the midwest has the highest population of tournament Halo players in our community. 

Anyways, I hope AGL can make it up to me and the Midwest and host an event in the future at a location in the midwest (other than Indi, which I'm looking forward to!)

End rant.

Mich players are all like :ninja:

I live in Knoxville and be all like  :lxthul: :saucey:  :lxthul:  :saucey: 

I love AGL but it annoys me when they make minor mistakes like these. Some of them need to take Business Administration and Media Advertising courses.

I love AGL but it annoys me when they make minor mistakes like these. Some of them need to take Business Administration and Media Advertising courses.

I've probably been one of the harshest critics (I've calmed down a bit though) of them but after talking to Brad he gets it. I live in Michigan and we have a great competitive community and the location is right on the boarder so it makes it really easy for midwest players to get there but the airport does have some drawbacks.

They saw the community concerns and are doing their best to fix it for what's best for the overall community. It may be a little rough around the edges but at least there's work being done to improve it. That's all I can ask really.

I've probably been one of the harshest critics (I've calmed down a bit though) of them but after talking to Brad he gets it. I live in Michigan and we have a great competitive community and the location is right on the boarder so it makes it really easy for midwest players to get there but the airport does have some drawbacks.

They saw the community concerns and are doing their best to fix it for what's best for the overall community. It may be a little rough around the edges but at least there's work being done to improve it. That's all I can ask really.

I'm glad they have seen the feedback and are working to fix it but simple Research beforehand and they would not be in this situation.

Does anyone know where their NJ venue was located? I know other towns/cities want events out by them, but there are some rather cheap venues in the area that are close to airports/hotels and just about everything else you need.

Brad seriously couldn't find ONE suitable location within 20 miles of Detroit that could hold an event of AGL's size?

This isn't MLG and Pheasant Run, here.

Brad seriously couldn't find ONE suitable location within 20 miles of Detroit that could hold an event of AGL's size?

This isn't MLG and Pheasant Run, here.

They usually aim for LAN centers.