Nice job man.

I think there's been a few designs for the Halo 4 pregame lobby done by the community - I'd love to see 343 take notice.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nice job man.

I think there's been a few designs for the Halo 4 pregame lobby done by the community - I'd love to see 343 take notice.

Yea, agreed. So long as we get a menu layout more similar to past Halos ill be satisfied, but I'd love to see all that info without having to dig through menus. I really hope 343 redesigns their menu for Halo 5

Yea, agreed. So long as we get a menu layout more similar to past Halos ill be satisfied, but I'd love to see all that info without having to dig through menus. I really hope 343 redesigns their menu for Halo 5

Well, Microsoft are looking/have found a new UI designer. I saw they posted a job offer for a talented UI designer for future Halo games last week so hopefully we'll get one like Reach's because that menu was GOAT.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I really despise Halo 4's menu.  Practically everyone agrees it's bad, but I haven't seen as much criticism regarding it as I'd like.  Hopefully they go back to the old style

• Upvote (+1) 5

Well, Microsoft are looking/have found a new UI designer. I saw they posted a job offer for a talented UI designer for future Halo games last week so hopefully we'll get one like Reach's because that menu was GOAT.

Yeah, IMO Halo Reach's was the best in any halo. (It's probably just about the best thing in the game)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Reach's Menu UI was the best thus far.

Halo 4 Menu UI was hard to go through and trying to make it feel we're inside the infinity so much.

Nice, me gusta.

I'd also like to see some changes to the Loading screen.  If 343 wants to make the game more accessible they should add a top down view of the map while the game loads.  It should include weapon locations and call out labels.  The weapon locations would obviously change depending on the game-type.  

• Upvote (+1) 4

Something along Halo 3s lobby mixed with call of dutys lobby music. Not to rip off of call of duty but Halo 4s lobby music is just too loud and classical.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nice, me gusta.

I'd also like to see some changes to the Loading screen.  If 343 wants to make the game more accessible they should add a top down view of the map while the game loads.  It should include weapon locations and call out labels.  The weapon locations would obviously change depending on the game-type.  

That's actually a great idea. I haven't really thought of that before but dynamic loading screens based on whats loading would be a great feature, and adding in callouts like you said would not only make it more accessible, but would also make it easy for existing players to learn callouts on new maps.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Reach's was pretty good. 

As long as we don't have Halo 4's. It looks like I am playing a card game and if I want to view a player's name I have to either go over his card or turn my head lol. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is just an example of what the layout for Halo's pre-game lobby should really be. (Made it myself, so don't mind the sloppy editing)

I would ideally like to see something like this for the next halo (notice the in-game ranks).

Halo_Layout.jpg

Ps: also don't mind any inconsistencies like the Halo: Reach ranks and stuff like that :P

h4-work.png

Hire Rambles

Both are fantastic and clean.

That's actually a great idea. I haven't really thought of that before but dynamic loading screens based on whats loading would be a great feature, and adding in callouts like you said would not only make it more accessible, but would also make it easy for existing players to learn callouts on new maps.

I'd like to see your take on it, do you Photoshop for beer?

I also think accessing the file share should be better. I remember checking out peoples file shares before each in H3. Now i never check and if i do it's slow and awkward as fuck.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I also think accessing the file share should be better. I remember checking out peoples file shares before each in H3. Now i never check and if i do it's slow and awkward as fuck.

I didn't even know you could look at file shares when you've already matched people? 

I didn't even know you could look at file shares when you've already matched people?

Yeah, you could in H3 which was awesome, but they removed the feature in Reach and H4.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd like to see your take on it, do you Photoshop for beer?

Mission accepted... well give me a couple days, but ill try and get around to it.... also beer would be nice.

I guess I'll post it here when i'm done, or should i  make a new thread?