Sitri

Halo 4 Modded Settings Discussion Thread

I can get on now. I need to play with the nades anyway.

ok, give me 5-10 mins. btw, the radius was 0.75, but not sure the damage.

gt. haemorrhage

Once we have some finalized NS/Descope gametypes can someone please throw them in a File Sharen (if possible). I would love to use these for a local LAN and play real Halo again.

Buffing the nades will definitely be a good thing.

Also, this can be done from the in-game options (and it might have been done since I last played) but melee needs to be nerfed both regularly too account for how much easier it is than shooting and objectives shouldn't be instakill.

Objectives being an instakill was an oversight.

Currently have grenades where I'd like them against players, but I need to give Overshield its own modifier.

For melees, I'll see if it is possible with current settings to make it 1 punch to break shields, but 2 to kill health.

Objectives being an instakill was an oversight.

Currently have grenades where I'd like them against players, but I need to give Overshield its own modifier.

For melees, I'll see if it is possible with current settings to make it 1 punch to break shields, but 2 to kill health.

I think we were close to getting a nice balance for the grenades. It was surprisingly not far off default.

I also really enjoyed messing around with the 3sk BR with a 4 round burst and no spread. Gave me visions of a reskinned CE magnum. It may require some more testing, but if you want to have those fast kill time like CE, like you said, the BR and LR have to be the 3sk weapons because they have burst and therefore bleed-through. You could try balancing them with:

3sk BR (4 round burst / no spread / perfect 3 kills/clip)

3sk DMR (2 round burst / slower Rof / no bloom / 3 kills/clip) or 4sk DMR (standard RoF / no bloom) 

4sk Mag (standard Rof / no bloom)

6sk Carbine (standard Rof)

4sk/3sk LR (std 3 round burst / slower Rof / 4 kills/clip)

edit: updated calculations and kills/clip

I think we were close to getting a nice balance for the grenades. It was surprisingly not far off default.

I also really enjoyed messing around with the 3sk BR with a 4 round burst and no spread. Gave me visions of a reskinned CE magnum. It may require some more testing, but if you want to have those fast kill time like CE, like you said, the BR and LR have to be the 3sk weapons because they have burst and therefore bleed-through. You could try balancing them with:

That would compensate for the lack of bleedthrough in the DMR. Sounds good.

• Downvote (-1) 1

This may sound like a silly question, but can you increase the FoV? Having a wider FoV (say around 90-100 degrees) would give the perception of faster movement without actually increasing player speed. And would go along ways to giving the feeling of CE Movement again.

edit: ah too bad you just got off Riot, I just got back on. Ah well, later.

What should we mod?

• Descope
  • No Sprint
  • Flag Juggling
  • Oddball with minimum throwing distance (same distance as a flag juggle)

If we push much else it's too much, if we don't do this than we have a less than competitive game and we don't show 343i just how much needed these changes really are. They are making changes for the better so far and are showing us that they have learned (other than the new sprint armor ability). I think we stop pushing these changes from them, and do it ourselves. Take some weight off of them because they won't do it in Halo 4 anyways. We can just do it ourselves. This isn't really even modding. Just because it's using the computer and not in-game. This is very soft-core modding at most. It's just new gametypes.

What should we mod?

• Descope
  • No Sprint
  • Flag Juggling
If we push much else it's too much, if we don't do this than we have a less than competitive game and we don't show 343i just how much needed these changes really are. They are making changes for the better so far and are showing us that they have learned (other than the new sprint armor ability). I think we stop pushing these changes from them, and do it ourselves. Take some weight off of them because they won't do it in Halo 4 anyways. We can just do it ourselves. This isn't really even modding. Just because it's using the computer and not in-game. This is very soft-core modding at most. It's just new gametypes.
i would argue that 343 are the ones that modded Halo to alter it to the unrecognizable state it is in now. We are just trying to bring it back to the glory days of CE/H2. It may feel drastic going from H4, but it feels good if you are a fan of classic Halo. That's kind of the point.

Just try the no spread BR or a no bloom 4sk Mag and you will know what I am talking about. Also no spread scattershot is AMAZING.

i would argue that 343 are the ones that modded Halo to alter it to the unrecognizable state it is in now. We are just trying to bring it back to the glory days of CE/H2. It may feel drastic going from H4, but it feels good if you are a fan of classic Halo. That's kind of the point.

Just try the no spread BR or a no bloom 4sk Mag and you will know what I am talking about. Also no spread scattershot is AMAZING.

That's a different definition of the same word. I see your point though.

What should we mod?

• Descope
  • No Sprint
  • Flag Juggling

• aim assist/magnetism

Can't wait until Unity+ can implement descoping. I'm searching for more 2v2 maps in the meantime so that when we can run lobbies constantly there'll be no shortage of maps to play.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can't wait until Unity+ can implement descoping. I'm searching for more 2v2 maps in the meantime so that when we can run lobbies constantly there'll be no shortage of maps to play.

just keep those invs rolling bro 

I feel like Unity would get stronger numbers than Throwdown if it was implemented. Throwdown just isn't rewarding to me.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Dont worry bro, I got that covered, and covered well

• Upvote (+1) 1

• aim assist/magnetism

Do you think AA to the same extent even with descoping (haven't played in a good while so I'm not entirely sure where it ended up)?

Also are you able to control magnetism directly?

Do you think AA to the same extent even with descoping (haven't played in a good while so I'm not entirely sure where it ended up)?

I think AA matters just as much as de-scoping. Both were implemented incorrectly in this game and the skill gap in shooting suffered.The guys behind Unity+ lowered the auto aim/magnetism and it feels great, you really have to be on point or you will miss. I remember hearing them discuss the ways they can tweak the AR/Storm Rifle similar to what 343 did with the Automatic Rifles in the update.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What should we mod?

• Descope
  • No Sprint
  • Flag Juggling

We can't change the throwing distance, but we can replace the ball with an Extraction Beacon and allow players to just drop the ball.

value5 = autoaim anglevalue6 = autoaim longvalue7 = autoaim shortvalue8 = autoaim minimumvalue9 = magnetism anglevalue10 = magnetism longvalue11 = magnetism shortvalue12 = magnetism minimumvalue13 = idklol, deviation angle?

I feel like Unity would get stronger numbers than Throwdown if it was implemented. Throwdown just isn't rewarding to me.

tumblr_m5mzi5LXbk1rud755o1_500.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 8

tumblr_m5mzi5LXbk1rud755o1_500.gif

The fact it would be the singular playlist for No Sprint would gives it a pretty good chance IMO.

value5 = autoaim anglevalue6 = autoaim longvalue7 = autoaim shortvalue8 = autoaim minimumvalue9 = magnetism anglevalue10 = magnetism longvalue11 = magnetism shortvalue12 = magnetism minimumvalue13 = idklol, deviation angle?

Oh lord.