Ciutchism

Expectations

I know we don't know much, and we have seen even less, but what are you expecting? Rate your expectations from 1-10. 10 being Halo 1/2/3, 5 being Halo 4 at launch, and 1 being absolute trash. I'm going to say a 7 or 8 as of now. Too hard to tell if it will be any better. I think it has the potential to be a 10 or even higher though :) then again it could flop.

• Upvote (+1) 1

A number rating would be hard to conjure up but if I had to, I'd hope the game is an 8 or 9. The 'MMO' aspect is kind of appealing since once could farm up their armor, guns, etc but then also be able to play some sort of multiplayer. Having never played WoW, I guess this is kind of a similar analogy as someone could play solo/raid and also play arena as well. Here's to hoping more answers to our questions/expectations will be answered at E3

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm keep my expectations very very low. I don't think it will suck in the slightest. Though being a Bungie game, my hype always went through the roof during their Halo days. I was very hyped, and was ultimately disapointed with Halo Reach. For that reason I don't want to over hype the game in anyway, because I want to fully enjoy the game for what it is. I feel like Halo Reach would have been very enjoyable, for me at least, had I not over hyped it for myself.

Pretty much guaranteed to get a above a 9 on IGN's scoring though, and I think in the end that is where I expect it to be. 

I'm keep my expectations very very low. I don't think it will suck in the slightest. Though being a Bungie game, my hype always went through the roof during their Halo days. I was very hyped, and was ultimately disapointed with Halo Reach. For that reason I don't want to over hype the game in anyway, because I want to fully enjoy the game for what it is. I feel like Halo Reach would have been very enjoyable, for me at least, had I not over hyped it for myself.

Pretty much guaranteed to get a above a 9 on IGN's scoring though, and I think in the end that is where I expect it to be. 

Yeah it was near impossible to not be mega hyped for Reach with Bungie saying it's their swan song and acting like Arena was going to be the next Starcraft in MLG. It really is best for me to not be too hyped again. Destiny is one of my most anticipated games easy but I'm glad there's going to be a huge lineup this year too keep my attention elsewhere.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Took the words right out of my mouth. Halo Reach had way too much hype and I got involved with Reach before it was released. I'll probably just go dark with Destiny so my "Bungie pallet" is cleansed for their new game. 

Halo CE, 2, 3, Reach were Bungie creations. It was a journey that began on Mt Olympus and plunged to the depths of Hades. They progressively made changes to the series that imo ruined it and in my eyes was a progressive downward spiral in core gameplay design that started at CE and ended at 3 because I refuse to acknowledge Reach as a Halo. That said, is the downward spiral that Halo took in it's design a sign of the company's design abilities and creativity? Or was it the way they unintentionally changed their audience through trying to "improve" the game. Either way, I am very skeptical to believe in this game. Bungie is epic at creating great trailers and so is 343, that doesn't mean that they have my blind trust. I want hands on before I buy it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm probably setting up self up for failure about getting WAY TOO EXCITED for this game.  I do trust Bungie.  Sure, they did poorly with Reach, but I think they are going to learn from their mistakes with that, they are going to see people's issues with 343i's Halo 4, and take all these positives from various MMO's and successful MOBA games, and craft a masterpiece.  (I might be dreaming a little too big here, but I want to think that is what they'll do).

I'm just pumped to get more information and see actual full gameplay come June 10th.

I'm going to wait making a prediction.  My worry is that all developers try to attract the casual masses because its were the money comes.  Understandably because they need to pay their bills and make money. Competitive players are an after though due to the low numbers, even when they are the most loyal, so I'm skeptical still.

I still  hope its  a great game and hardly can wait until playing it  

The days of the classic shooter, Halo CE& Halo 2 are gone sadly. Sure we may get the oddball game every now again that wishes to recapture that nostalgic gameplay but besides that our only hope lies with Destiny. IMO Destiny will be bringing to the table a whole new experience, a whole new story, and hopefully(Fingers crossed) A whole new competitive experience.

I'll give it a pre-launch raiting of 8/10.

I think it will get a 9.5. I trust Bungie, and they have been working on this game since before Halo 3 came out. I feel like it won't be a heavy competitive game, but the cross between Halo, an MMO, and Borderlands sounds great. I'm pretty excited for it, and already pre-ordered it.

I really know nothing about this game, haven't researched it at all.

Hopefully it's fun and one of those games I can't put down.

Will there be talk about it at E3?

I really know nothing about this game, haven't researched it at all.

Hopefully it's fun and one of those games I can't put down.

Will there be talk about it at E3?

They will showcase the first footage of actual gameplay.

They will showcase the first footage of actual gameplay.

Interesting. I'm super excited to see it now...

Hopefully it makes me want to purchase the game.

-Alias

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have high expectations for it, and I don't completely understand what kind of game it is

first person mmo type of game, or fprpg something like that

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh hi Ciutchism, you know I'm a downer but my expectation is a solid 5/10.

• Upvote (+1) 1