DRAC0N1K

Players are too used to Reachs "style"

GC is suprisingly low since I decided to jump back on Halo 4, and as always the Infinity playlists prevail. Then it hits me that players got used to Reach, everyone who played Reach got used to the gameplay because it catered to randomness. Halo 4 improved this sense of randomness with Ordinace and Armor Mods  because it rewards lesser skilled players by making them better at the game. Put it this way.

If 343 decided to develop a TU in which got rid of Sprint, and introduced Static Weapon Spawns and Power-Ups on the map like Overshield and AC, and made it similar to Team Throwdown, but put it in place of Infinity Slayer and did the same thing to BTB, and promoted it with the help of the community, players who recently left would come back, but it would draw away players that enjoy Infinity settings because of the fact that it doesn't have those rewards

Players have gotten used to Infinity settings because it helps them to be better. That's why I think so many people dislike Slayer Pro, because it doesn't have those rewards, those mechanics that assist the player and why Team Throwdown is so low because of the fact they need their specific AA with their loadout.

Am going wrong with this, or am I on the right track with this?

Its not like TONS of people prefer Infinity settings there is not many people playing the game still, its just that so many Halo players have left the game because of how bad H4 was at the beginning all that is left is people who learned to deal with that unbalanced shit or actually like it.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Or maybe people are to used to Halo 2...

Nostalgia has always been one of the major problems for Halo in my opinion. People are always like this isn't just like Halo 2... not playing. Not saying Reach was better than Halo 2 or that the randomness is good but competitive Halo needs to grow and cater to casuals so we can grow.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 11

Or maybe people are to used to Halo 2...

Nostalgia has always been one of the major problems for Halo in my opinion. People are always like this isn't just like Halo 2... not playing. Not saying Reach was better than Halo 2 or that the randomness is good but competitive Halo needs to grow and cater to casuals so we can grow.

Halo 3 was not very much like competitive Halo 2, Halo 2 was not very much like competitive Halo CE, those games were wildly different at the top level and still managed to grow the MP fan-base.

Reach and H4 were just plain not Halo games at all and have poor MM, random and annoying gameplay, and sluggish core games. Halo 4 was closer to CoD than Halo CE real talk.

• Upvote (+1) 4

People got used to the DMR and lack of skill it took/lack of map movement

• Upvote (+1) 6

Its not like TONS of people prefer Infinity settings there is not many people playing the game still, its just that so many Halo players have left the game because of how bad H4 was at the beginning all that is left is people who learned to deal with that unbalanced shit or actually like it.

I agree.  The people that like competitive settings left for the most part- that's why it appears as if more people like randomness.

#BungiesFault

imo, if Halo Reach never existed... 343 would have used Halo 3 as an example and managed to make Halo 4 similar to Halo 2/3's core. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

#BungiesFault

imo, if Halo Reach never existed... 343 would have used Halo 3 as an example and managed to make Halo 4 similar to Halo 2/3's core. 

You never know. There were some changes that were never in Reach that microsoft pushed 343 to make because of COD.

I've said this a million times. Each Halo game has progressively gotten more and more different from the previous Halo game. The only reason why Halo 2 got away with being so different to CE was because of the fact that it was the first sequel to the game, and there really wasn't any title that could be played online to the extent that Halo 2 could.

Around the time of Halo 3, there were other options of competitive FPS that could be played on the console, such as CoD4. As time has progressed, Halo has gotten farther and farther from what it was, and every iteration of Halo causes us to dislike it even more than the previous one, because we want to go back to what Halo CE and Halo 2 were. It's simple as that.

Theres also a lot of players like myself who would love to ditch Infinity and play Throwdown settings but cant cos we get our asses kicked too badly.

Im just not good enough to play in Throwdown, so i stay in Infinity.

Now, if Legendary Slayer had BR starts...

• Upvote (+1) 2

Theres also a lot of players like myself who would love to ditch Infinity and play Throwdown settings but cant cos we get our asses kicked too badly.

I like you.  I'll try not to be a dick to people who go neg 15 in throwdown from now on.

• Upvote (+1) 1

People always, and I mean always, play what it simplest and easiest. That's why social slayer, infinity slayer, Swat, etc always have a larger population.

It's just a sad fact of life. Yet, ironically, when you dumb the game down to effectively cater to those people, Halo becomes a lot less popular. So, my shocking conclusion is that you shouldn't try to cater to those people.... 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not enough players to make balance matches, Tof4 against 4 randoms is why ttd is impossible to enjoy.

Ditto about getting destroyed but playing and trying is the only way to improve. I stopped playing because sprint, I believe that if we get NS ttd population numbers will go up and will be easy to find balanced matches.

People always, and I mean always, play what it simplest and easiest. That's why social slayer, infinity slayer, Swat, etc always have a larger population.

It's just a sad fact of life. Yet, ironically, when you dumb the game down to effectively cater to those people, Halo becomes a lot less popular. So, my shocking conclusion is that you shouldn't try to cater to those people.... 

Exactly this.

If only we had a ranking system that actually worked, right from the start...

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can agree to this 100%. Also, the customizable weapon load outs. 

Giving people independent abilities and opportunities to customize their own load outs / play style instead of keeping the game unifying and competitive is going to kill Halo. But again, that all starts with going back to the roots, getting a ranking system to keep casuals and competitive people apart and to stop branching out of Halo to appease CoD/GoW players. If people want a CoD-like game, THEY WOULD PLAY COD BLOPS2. 

And another thing, is it just me or was Bungie more fun when it came to their matchmaking system participation? Like, they had Bungie Day, Valentines Day tournament, Double EXP weekends out the butthole, and of course the search for Bungie to beat them and win a steak day. Like, why can't 343 do that?