TheSpinCycle

Would you keep playing Halo 4 if we don't get NS?

Would you keep playing H4 with Sprint?  

139 members have voted

1. 1. If we don't get a no-sprint toggle, would you go back to H3/Reach?

• If we don't get a NS gametype from 343 "soon" (You define soon), I am going back to H3/Reach.
    • I'll stay with H4 even if 343 doesn't make an NS gametype for us to use.
    • I don't care whether we get NS from 343 or not, I'm done with Halo 4.
  2. 2. Which game's movement mechanics should H5 emulate? (Feel free to select multiple if you want to borrow aspects of multiple games)

• Halo CE
    • Halo 2
    • Halo 3
    • Halo Reach (this includes ZBNS etc)
    • Halo 4
  3. 3. Should we have Sprint in Halo 5?

• Sprint should be gone completely.
    • Sprint should be out of matchmaking, but leave it in customs options.
    • Sprint should be in the casual playlists (Infinity, etc), but not the competitive ones (Throwdown, etc).
    • Every playlist should have Sprint.
  4. 4. Do you want sprint to be toggle-able in customs?

• Yes
    • No
  5. 5. Which alterations to the Sprint mechanic do you think would make it more bearable in Halo 4 and for future Halo games? (Choose as many as you want)

• Sprint should be a lower percentage of base movement speed than it currently is.
    • Being shot out of sprint should be more punishing. (Use your imagination)
    • Enable shooting while sprinting.
    • Make Sprint an AA again.
    • I don't care what happens to Sprint in the next game as long as I can toggle it off.

So basically, I've heard a bunch of people all say "I'd rather play H3 or Reach than H4 if we don't get NS, but I doubt it will happen because there isn't enough community support or a large enough customs group."

I'm just curious - If we don't get an NS gametype from Quinn / 343, would you go back to H3/Reach if there was a sufficient (You define sufficient however you want) community there?

I've also added several other sprint-related questions to the poll to get the community opinion on them. The last question is designed to give the developer an idea of what we would like to see changed about the Sprint. If you want a change to the Sprint mechanic that's not currently on the poll, mention it and I'll add it.

I have a circle of friends to play customs with. I'd rather stick to H4, but ZBNS is a good time still.

We already have NS gametypes, and have had them for a good while.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wouldn't say I'd be "done" with Halo 4 if we didn't get it, but my play time would go to nearly zero. I've already lost over 20+ halo friends due to the asinine mechanics in this game and am gaining more and more reasons to not play this game. So far the only reason I "Play" this game is to try out the changes and to familiarize myself with gametypes I watch on AGL streams. But I honestly get no enjoyment out of this game mainly because no one else enjoys playing it (at least of those I encountered over the years), but in comparison to that of Halo 3 there was always a multitude of custom lobbies, ppl to play Ranked playlist, or even social to goof around in. I could spend 8+ hours on Halo 3 and not even notice, reach wasn't as fun but I did end up enjoying NBNS.    

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think if 343i doesn't include at least a Sprint toggle option right off the bat in Halo5 they've failed to provide for their community. It sounds harsh but that's the reality of the situation; the core community, those who stick around game after game (not just the competitive community) has communicated to the best of its ability that having that option is a make or break point going into the next game. If Sprint is baked in again I along with a number of others simply won't get the game.

I completely agree. To be completely honest there is no reason to not have sprint toggle-able, I mean seriously who would it hurt to have it as such? If anything it would please everyone. But then again that is a logical/smart choice and if 343i was smart then we wouldn't be in the situation we are in now.    

I haven't played Halo 4 for 2-3 months because sprint. I'm done with Halo 4 and waiting for Destiny. I will still lurk in this forum out of habit but I wasn't convinced with the explanations given in yesterdays first strike.

So as difficult as is saying bye to halo I'm done waiting for NS. I started my love relationship with Halo CE on Xmas 2001 but now is time to divorce from Halo that changed from a beautiful, interesting, simple, gracious and alluring game into a clunky overweight bitch (reach/halo 4).

(Grammar edition)

• Upvote (+1) 6

Done with h4 either way. Sprint should be gone but if h5 has sprint where I have no startup/recovery frames, it would work like Wolfenstein which was a really good mechanic in the game

H1 and h2 movement mixed. Not sure why h3s movement was ever considered "good"

Sprint can be a good mechanic if its something like Wired reflex or sprint in Wolfenstein

After learning last night that TTD isn't getting NS for the near future, I'm done with Halo 4 until NS comes out. I've been playing Reach for the last 2 days and I'm having much more fun. Even with mediocre maps, descope and NS makes a hell of a difference.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wait I have to vote for all of them, you give me the option to say whether I want sprint or not I say completely gone and then I get an option to toggle it off or on I choose that and then I choose which iteration of sprint I want later?! #Broken

• Upvote (+1) 1

I haven't played Halo 4 for about two months, but I'll been thinking of playing it again if sprint is taken out. I played no-sprint modded settings on Shutout about three months ago, it was by far the most fun I'll had in Halo 4 to date. 

No-sprint makes Halo so much better and is to important to ignore.

I think if 343i doesn't include at least a Sprint toggle option right off the bat in Halo5 they've failed to provide for their community. It sounds harsh but that's the reality of the situation; the core community, those who stick around game after game (not just the competitive community) has communicated to the best of its ability that having that option is a make or break point going into the next game. If Sprint is baked in again I along with a number of others simply won't get the game.

sprint wasn't "halfbaked", it was done as well as it could have been, its a useless gimmick and nothing more.

343i have already failed the halo community, 2 wrongs=1 right?

I haven't played Halo 4 for 2-3 months because sprint. I'm done with Halo 4 and waiting for Destiny. I will still lurk in this forum out of habit but I wasn't convinced with the explanations given in yesterdays first strike.

So as difficult as is saying bye to halo I'm done waiting for NS. I started my love relationship with Halo CE on Xmas 2001 but now is time to divorce from Halo that changed from a beautiful, interesting, simple, gracious and alluring game into a clunky overweight bitch (reach/halo 4).

(Grammar edition)

halo 4 has been out for 7 months or so, little late to quit IMO.

destiny is incredibly overhyped, the game looked far better than I originally thought but it'll never be as good as halo.

don't abandon halo completely, I recommend you play plenty of other games and such but keep tuned because miracles happen brah. 

After learning last night that TTD isn't getting NS for the near future, I'm done with Halo 4 until NS comes out. I've been playing Reach for the last 2 days and I'm having much more fun. Even with mediocre maps, descope and NS makes a hell of a difference.

that MM system though...

but to answer the OP I haven't played halo 4 in about a month and I feel much happier to be honest, I still get nightmares about solace :(

I don't mind either way but the maps seem scaled to sprint. People may disagree but I've tried myself and the maps are slightly big for NS but forged h3 maps are good for it.

I actually gave up on h4 last night. I don't believe we will get no sprint, and h4 Just doesn't entertain me with sprint. It just annoys me.

Ill be playing reach for the next year to satisfy my halo needs. And lots of ssf4ae and umvc3 till h5.

• Upvote (+1) 2

sprint wasn't "halfbaked", it was done as well as it could have been, its a useless gimmick and nothing more.

343i have already failed the halo community, 2 wrongs=1 right?

I was using the expression to mean an irreversible part of the game, that is to say you can't un-bake a cake. I have previously discussed the benefits of a tweaked stamina system but that's not what this is about really.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wait I have to vote for all of them, you give me the option to say whether I want sprint or not I say completely gone and then I get an option to toggle it off or on I choose that and then I choose which iteration of sprint I want later?! #Broken

That last question is for the devs, since they're probably not going to take out sprint. Just to get an idea of what people think would make Sprint slightly less broken.

I've pretty much stopped playing Halo 4 altogether at this point and if were not going to get a NS sprint gametype I see no reason to continue playing this shit game anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 3

okay im going to have to ask why people think h3 movement is better than h1s

I didn't think it made a difference between the first three games?

, boop.

Cheers.

Reach and 4 actually force the player to come to a complete stop before changing directions which is why, I believe, short strafing is so ineffective now.