Sign in to follow this  
Oh So Laggy

How CSR ruined Halo 4 for me

I'm one of those guys who constantly rolls in at least 3s when I matchmake, and because of CSR's individual score based system , I can't play with my friends in matchmaking because we all care about the 50s and either they're afraid I'll beat them and they'll lose the 50 or they'll beat me and I'll lose the 50.

I understand that the score based thing is great for those who roll solo in MM, but they coped in Halo 2 and 3...343 has a knack of dicking around with things that work and putting their own "spin" on it.

Thats my 2 cents at least.

Anyone else have the same problem as me?

• Upvote (+1) 5

I can't believe they used individual rankings, even if they aren't in game.  In any playlist where you play as a team you should be rewarded or punished as a team.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Can you even lose your 50?  Played a bunch of terrible games today and didn't lose my 50.  I'm talking like probably 8 terrible games and maybe 1 or 2 decent ones.

The problem isn't CSR.

It's individual csr.

And the same exact deal with me:  can't play with my friends in infinity slayer when we all try and get a 50 because we'll end up stealing each other's thunder.  Individual csr is just terrible.  team csr is fine (although obviously it needs to be visible in game for it to matter at all).

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I agree that they should have done the CSR a little differently but to say it ruined halo 4 is just silly, halo 4 ruined halo 4.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree, this game is better when based off a team. However, you can't lose your 50 once you obtain it.

Then again, it doesn't really matter since it's out of game but me being competitive always wants to get that 50.

I agree, this game is better when based off a team. However, you can't lose your 50 once you obtain it.

Then again, it doesn't really matter since it's out of game but me being competitive always wants to get that 50.

You can lose your 50. My brother got a 50 in rumble pit, played a game again afterwards and lost to CSR 20s, he got deranked to a 49.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have to agree the CSR made the game not "fun" once I reached 50 in six playlists. I no longer play those playlists anymore because I don't feel like trying hard to maintain the rank. Its silly because no one cares, but for some reason it still has a psychological effect. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can't speak for every CSR playlist, but it is pretty easy to maintain a 50 in IS and BTIS. If you can get to a 50 in those playlists, you can easily earn it back in a handful of games if you lose it. (I've placed outside of top 4 in IS in consecutive games and haven't lost it) But in all honesty, individual CSR means nothing in team playlists so you shouldn't really care about it.

I did IS just for fun to see how hard it was to get a 50. Not very hard at all when you go in alone. So that part of CSR i do not like. However, since i play team throwdown the majority of the time, I like the fact that if we win i go up. If i lose i go down. That's the only part of the ranking system that i like. Sure wish it was in game though...

I understand that the score based thing is great for those who roll solo in MM, but they coped in Halo 2 and 3...343 has a knack of dicking around with things that work and putting their own "spin" on it.

You pretty much summed up 343. They can't just leave something alone. They have to put their own spin it, and invariably they end up ruining it/nerfing it. I don't understand why they seem intent on changing things that just don't need to be changed. 

For example the GC 1v1s.. will be first to 10 instead of first to 15. Why? Who asked for this? 1v1's have been first to 15 since the beginning of time. And for a reason. In a first to 10 someone can go on a spree and get lucky and before you know it the game is nearly over. The extra 5 kills in a first to 15 are important. 

That 1v1 between Legit and Pistola at the last AGL perfectly illustrated 343's problem. The entire FFA up until that point was INTENSE, close games, sick kills, comebacks, chokes etc. All of this was done with competitive, community settings.

Then for the final, we started using 343's settings and everyone was left thinking what? That was it? It's over? Even Ghostayame looked underwhelmed. I wish someone at 343 would take a look at that moment on stream and realise that they need to listen more. It was a perfect example. One second its amazing, intense FFA.. then we bring in 343's settings and whoops, oh, that's it, game over, cya.

I really hope they fix this issue before the GC. It's going to be really terrible if after numerous rounds of amazing FFA we are left with a best of 1, first to 10 final for 200k. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

For example the GC 1v1s.. will be first to 10 instead of first to 15.

Wait, how do you know the GC 1v1 will be first to 10?? seriously

Having individual ranking in IS is ********. Your rank goes up depending on how many kills you get, it dosen't matter if your team lose. You can literally get a 50 if your team loses every match and all you does is camping the entire game. Individual CSR sucks.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have to agree the CSR made the game not "fun" once I reached 50 in six playlists. I no longer play those playlists anymore because I don't feel like trying hard to maintain the rank. Its silly because no one cares, but for some reason it still has a psychological effect. 

they tricked you, they made you think imaginary numbers matter.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wait, how do you know the GC 1v1 will be first to 10?? seriously

At the last AGL, for the FFA final they said that they were using the exact settings 343 will be using.

who plays infinity slayer anyway? It may be fun to chase that 50 (or less fun, considering indiv csr), but throwdown is just so much better. Just IMO, though. no hard feelings tc :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

At the last AGL, for the FFA final they said that they were using the exact settings 343 will be using.

I'm pretty sure that was just for the RTX event, due to time constraints. They'll probably review feedback and change it to the normal 15 kills at the actual Finals.

who plays infinity slayer anyway? It may be fun to chase that 50 (or less fun, considering indiv csr), but throwdown is just so much better. Just IMO, though. no hard feelings tc :)

No, I agree that Throwdown is WAYYY better, but you get those days when you just don't feel like trying hard.

The problem isn't CSR.

It's individual csr.

And the same exact deal with me: can't play with my friends in infinity slayer when we all try and get a 50 because we'll end up stealing each other's thunder. Individual csr is just terrible. team csr is fine (although obviously it needs to be visible in game for it to matter at all).

Are you the guy who spammed the shit out of a h3 stream lol

• Upvote (+1) 2

they tricked you, they made you think imaginary numbers matter.

"imaginary" numbers have always "mattered" in gaming.  I personally care about csr a little bit- even if no one else will see it, simply because I enjoy reaching new goals in gaming.

Are you the guy who spammed the shit out of a h3 stream lol

8==D

it's easier to search alone in IS.  Also some of my friends IRL don't like throwdown because they care way too much about k/d and other stupid shit, and they rely on radar way too much so they won't play and just get frustrating after like 3 games that they aren't going +20 every match.