Sign in to follow this  
menotyou135

I've had time to think

Just read it all. I agree with everything so I'm not gonna bother replying to every part of it but I think these two images explain how I feel, how a lot of other people and how you might feel, too.

4fc5d36d94ce1ee0804e598fa71b4f04.png

13a3b43a7888c8b97b5e1071f05fdb13.png

• Upvote (+1) 4

beautiful.

its like you took the words right from my mouth but organised them in a clear and concise fashion, couldn't agree more :)

-MLG will never pick it back up and AGL doesn't have the same namesake to bring the Halo crowd back to H2/H3 levels

-Everybody in the competitive community hates each other now

-People don't trust the Halo title anymore

-Many people don't trust Xbox anymore

-Egos are huge in every facet of the Halo scene

-The only people left are the ones who enjoy Halo Reach/4 style gameplay

-343i doesn't recognize the problems of their game to the level needed to fix it (there is really only Bravo)

- No one outside North America even cares about the competitive scene or has a competitive scene worth making Halo more competitive  :kappa: 

• Downvote (-1) 8

I'm pretty sure this is already what we're kind of doing.  We're just voicing what we'd want the most and at the end of the day everyone is willing to to accept the changes in team throdown or what AGL is doing even if we have minor disagreements.  As a community I think we're doing fine, we just need to get bigger.

To do that we need halo 5 to be awesome, and so we will continue to voice what we'd like to see out of halo 5, which as I've stated is what we are already doing.

I don't "hate everyone" else in the competitive community, although I do agree that there was a time where settings differences splintered some people off earlier.  I just don't think it's fair to label us all as people fighting each other.

I mean, I'm in a debate about health packs/no health packs right now but I'm pretty sure we all agree that either way it isn't the most important thing that needs to be done and we can all pretty much compromise with each other if need be.  (I am certainly willing to play a halo game with health packs).

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

TLDR: Stop pissing in each other's mouths

TLDR of the year.

And while what I say may seem shallow compared to your essay, I agree on all your points and I personally appreciate how concise and thought out your paragraphs are.

we are not doing this. if we were, throwdown would have been no sprint 3 months ago.

I don't think you didn't read the post lol

@OP: I agree. A community that craps on its own game, own players, own developer, own community leaders, is a community that is toxic and will ruin itself eventually. Just remember that one rotten apple spoils the bunch

I agree completely with most of everything you said.

I just wanna know why 343i don't listen to us. The turbo-update was amazing, but it wasn't enough. I think its too late to take sprint out of Halo 4 and I here its impossible to put descoping back, but why were either of these things in it in the first place? Its obvious how poorly it was received throughout Reach and yet its in Halo 4 still. Why? If I got an explanation as to why they're actively using bad settings then I'd shut my mouth and accept it, but I haven't.

I don't think that 343 realize that a casual will play, with or without sprint, whereas a competitive will not.

You may now neg-rep me for using the term "bad settings" when the OP states that those who flame on settings are dickheads  :walshy:

I agree completely with most of everything you said.

I just wanna know why 343i don't listen to us. The turbo-update was amazing, but it wasn't enough. I think its too late to take sprint out of Halo 4 and I here its impossible to put descoping back, but why were either of these things in it in the first place? Its obvious how poorly it was received throughout Reach and yet its in Halo 4 still. Why? If I got an explanation as to why they're actively using bad settings then I'd shut my mouth and accept it, but I haven't.

I don't think that 343 realize that a casual will play, with or without sprint, whereas a competitive will not.

You may now neg-rep me for using the term "bad settings" when the OP states that those who flame on settings are dickheads  :walshy:

343i has some seriously awful testers... I mean surely someone had to of brung up descope or NS before the games release right?

Meno good to have you back. I could say so many things to your post. First of all I refuse to lower my standards, I will do my best to counter it. For me competitiveness and individual skill IS (!!) the fun part. So how can I have fun with sth that isn't up to the standard (there a reason I dont pick up COD: not competitive thus not fun).

I could go on and address a lot more points. In terms of working together with other Halo players/ other communities it's impossible to find common goals. We can coexist, but their experience of Halo and their expectations of a shooter are SO different that they just dont care about things we care about and vice versa. I just dont see casuals supporting our issues. Sure Ill support for 343 to bring "infection" and "race" back. Will I go out of my way to do it and will I be willing to sacrifice MY/our priorities (e.g. spawn system) so 343 devotes more time to theirs? Certainly not. I know theyre not mutually exclusive but I feel like in order to GET to 343 you have to make such a concerted and FOCUSED effort that you cant throw a million completely different things at them.

As regards priorities and finding common ground/goals, just watch this quick video and you will see what I mean:

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I also stated that I am one of those dickheads. 

TLDR of the year.

And while what I say may seem shallow compared to your essay, I agree on all your points and I personally appreciate how concise and thought out your paragraphs are.

my post was in response to makeitstop

343i has some seriously awful testers... I mean surely someone had to of brung up descope or NS before the games release right?

The lack of a beta is what I think ruined Halo 4. 343's testers were probably these super casuals who lurked in Reach infection all day everyday.

Meno good to have you back. I could say so many things to your post. First of all I refuse to lower my standards, I will do my best to counter it. For me competitiveness and individual skill IS (!!) the fun part. So how can I have fun with sth that isn't up to the standard (there a reason I dont pick up COD: not competitive thus not fun).

I could go on and address a lot more points. In terms of working together with other Halo players/ other communities it's impossible to find common goals. We can coexist, but their experience of Halo and their expectations of a shooter are SO different that they just dont care about things we care about and vice versa. I just dont see casuals supporting our issues. Sure Ill support for 343 to bring "infection" and "race" back. Will I go out of my way to do it and will I be willing to sacrifice MY/our priorities (e.g. spawn system) so 343 devotes more time to theirs? Certainly not. I know theyre not mutually exclusive but I feel like in order to GET to 343 you have to make such a concerted and FOCUSED effort that you cant throw a million completely different things at them.

As regards priorities and finding common ground/goals, just watch this quick video and you will see what I mean:

Silenced SMGs for Halo 5's starting weapon #LetsMakeItHappen  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

"the forums have just been exploding for requests of the silenced SMG" :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

The lack of a beta is what I think ruined Halo 4. 343's testers were probably these super casuals who lurked in Reach infection all day everyday.

not only would a beta have cost a month or two of development time (which halo 4 drastically needed) it also wouldn't have fixed much of the games flaws, I think halo 4 would've ended up worse with a beta honestly.

and I used to play reach infection everyday, good times bro.

Silenced SMGs for Halo 5's starting weapon #LetsMakeItHappen  :kappa:

to be fair I think the ODST SMG would've been better than the AR, more recoil and smaller reticule all the way B)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Or, what if the testers did speak up about descope, flagnum, sprint, and whatever else before release, and the powers that be (O'Connor, Franklin, Wolfkill, Holmes) just said 'too bad'?

Or, what if the testers did speak up about descope, flagnum, sprint, and whatever else before release, and the powers that be (O'Connor, Franklin, Wolfkill, Holmes) just said 'too bad'?

they're testers... why would they not listen to them? it just doesn't make sense to me.

they're testers... why would they not listen to them? it just doesn't make sense to me.

Because the people I named off are egomaniacs and don't have a shred of common sense in their bodies?

It doesn't make sense for this shit to even make it to the testing stage, but they made it so.

I kind of accepted there wont be a Halo as good as the trilogy competitively again, as long as 343 is more interested in attracting CoD kids and casuals than catering to their core and making a balanced Halo game with skill and real depth(aka not stupid gimmicks like AA's and PO's) we will always be fighting a battle we cant win. Bungie compromised with H2+H3 with ranked/social but I dont see 343's MC wheelchair philosophy changing and I do not think the guys who made H4 remotely give a shit about creating a quality core Halo MP experience or what our community thinks. The only way we see change is if the majority rejects what they are doing, and well we might have a chance since H4 bombed after launch. 

I mean we have to fight tooth and nail just to get NS game-types when other game modes already have no sprint, its just ridiculous and the arrogance of the developer has all but killed the community.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm in a similar boat. I don't really play Halo anymore - I just keep an eye on things these days. If Legendary Slayer was fixed, I'd come back. If no sprint was supported by the developer, I'd come back.

I've already decided that I'll be getting the new Xbox this holiday, but only after I realized that Titanfall is the only exclusive with a release date that I'm looking forward to. I have absolutely zero excitement or hope for the Halo franchise at this point. 343 isn't really showing me that they give a shit about making a good Halo game and instead are just happy that they can legally put 'Halo' on the cover and know they're guaranteed to at least make their money back, regardless of how unsatisfactory the game is.

But that said, I'd really like it if Halo came back.

But if it doesn't, Destiny, The Division and Titanfall all look like great alternatives and I hope that the community can remain together and shift to a new title. Despite what you've said, some within the community are pretty cool people to talk to and get to know. But there is a lot of in-fighting so hopefully a fresh game can help ease that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I kind of accepted there wont be a Halo as good as the trilogy competitively again, as long as 343 is more interested in attracting CoD kids and casuals than catering to their core and making a balanced Halo game with skill and real depth(aka not stupid gimmicks like AA's and PO's) we will always be fighting a battle we cant win. Bungie compromised with H2+H3 with ranked/social but I dont see 343's MC wheelchair philosophy changing and I do not think the guys who made H4 remotely give a shit about creating a quality core Halo MP experience or what our community thinks. The only way we see change is if the majority rejects what they are doing, and well we might have a chance since H4 bombed after launch. 

I mean we have to fight tooth and nail just to get NS game-types when other game modes already have no sprint, its just ridiculous and the arrogance of the developer has all but killed the community.

What is this MC wheelchair philosophy you speak of?