Mr F3i5TY GriM

Team Doubles, My thoughts

My original Topic on HWP was locked for being in the wrong place. So I'll just copy and paste what I had to say into here. ! Thanks everyone. :D

These are some of the changes I would make to the Doubles Playlist. 

Gametypes to be Added, Changed or Removed

1. CTF (Change to Slayer Pro/Classic settings. Instead of it being Infinity Slayer settings)
2. Oddball (Add, Reduced ball throwing to within a few feet. Shut-off Auto Pick Up. With Slayer Pro/Classic Settings)
3. KOTH (Add, Reduce the time it takes to win to 150 seconds, maybe 120. With Slayer Pro/Classic settings)

Try to make it so in the selection screen. You can choose, 
First choice, Slayer Pro (No Radar, BR starts) Slayer Classic ( Radar enabled, BR,DMR,Carbine,LR or AR)either of these settings on a random map. 

Second choice, Infinity Slayer Settings on random map.

Third choice, Any OBJ gametype, Random map, Slayer Pro or Slayer Classic settings. 

Map changes, Removal or Add

1. Solace (Remove IMO)
2. Scythe (Remove)
3. Landfall (Remove)
4. Dispatch (Remove the soft kill barrier on ring 3)
5. Simplex (Add)
6. Onyx (Add) 
7. Pitfall (Add, When it's released and has been tested for 2v2 gameplay)
8. Vertigo (Add, When it's released and has been tested for 2v2 gameplay)
9. Shutout (Add, Maybe)

Now onto the weapons.. -_- 

Sniper 
1. Have clip sizes reduced
2. Make the spawning time a 30 seconds to a minute longer.

Railgun 
1. Increase the spawning time 30 seconds to a minute longer
2. reduce the number of shots it spawns with to about 2 or 3 
3. OR (This is a drastic step) Be completely removed from all doubles maps

Sticky Det.
1. Reduce the shots to maybe a total of 3
2. Increase the spawning time by 30 seconds to a minute

(Also, any number of the choices I gave to change the weapons can be selected. I'm not saying all the options I listed should be used at the same time.)
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

-Screw 4v4 maps for 2s

-There's a 2v2 variant of Landfall called Fallout that Bravo said he wants to get in the playlist.

-Solari or Solace has to stay because people might be playing splitscreen without any DLC.

-Screw Railgun, add Concussion Rifle

-weaker OS for dubs PLEEEASE

• Upvote (+1) 2

I completely agree when you said add simplex and shutout. Those seem like two very fun/competitive maps to play doubles on. The problem though is that infinity players HATE pro settings, and competitive players HATE infinity settings. I think there should be a middle ground like pro settings with radar, because that's definitely the main thing that turns people away from competitive settings. That should be the only gametype in doubles including CTF and Oddball with same settings.

Doubles pro is awesome. I just think that railgun is a little bit too strong for doubles and should be replaced with concussion.

Also, I just checked the MM Support thread for Doubles on HWP. And it seems people have been posting asking for a playlist update for a few months now  :wacko:

Should be gametypes for doubles

Competitive

Br starts No radar

Kills=1 point to 25 Koth to 150 Oddball to 100

Haven Koth and TS 

Rail Oddball and TS

Abandon TS

Simplex Oddball and TS

Landfall TS

Casual 

Loadouts with Radar

Kills=1 point to 25 Koth to 150 Oddball to 100

Same Maps

• Upvote (+1) 1

Doubles is one of the few playlists I can enjoy, but it definitely could use an update. Koth and ball would be nice additions, and new maps should be cycled in every other month or so. I know Bravo took interest in a lot of community made maps when he made the playlist, but not really since then...

Why do you suggest removing Scythe? It's one of my favorite maps in matchmaking.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I've worked on 2v2 variants of both Landfall and Adrift.

Also, have you considered Extraction Doubles?

I've worked on 2v2 variants of both Landfall and Adrift.

Also, have you considered Extraction Doubles?

this. but I'm biased as **** because of Titan.

Also, they should take away the footsteps or reduce the footstep sound. A lot of games just end up being a sound whore fest.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Actually I have thought about Extraction being made for 2v2's. But IMO, I don't think it'd work very well. It could be tested I suppose.

The reason I said about Scythe being removed. Is because anytime I play it, it's almost always Infinity settings and if it's Slayer Pro settings, players always camp on 1 side of the map making the matches longer than needed. But, that's just my personal opinion about the map. I tend to avoid it because I find it boring to play on.  Also, adding a few maps requires removing a few as well. Seeing how I could see 3 more Forge maps coming in (Hopefully). I could see them removing at least 1 Forge map from rotation. Just so the playlist isn't over populated with Forge maps, making it harder on split-screeners to play in the playlist. 

Actually I have thought about Extraction being made for 2v2's. But IMO, I don't think it'd work very well. It could be tested I suppose. Its been played at tournament level, and is excellent

The reason I said about Scythe being removed. Is because anytime I play it, it's almost always Infinity settings and if it's Slayer Pro settings, players always camp on 1 side of the map making the matches longer than needed. Dont have shit spawning longer than 2 mins

But, that's just my personal opinion about the map. I tend to avoid it because I find it boring to play on.  Also, adding a few maps requires removing a few as well. Seeing how I could see 3 more Forge maps coming in (Hopefully). I could see them removing at least 1 Forge map from rotation. Just so the playlist isn't over populated with Forge maps, making it harder on split-screeners to play in the playlist.

Actually I have thought about Extraction being made for 2v2's. But IMO, I don't think it'd work very well. It could be tested I suppose.

Unity ran a couple doubles tournaments with 1-plot Extraction. It plays pretty well with the right settings.

Currently we're using 3 second arm, 5s convert, and 30 seconds to capture with a 5 second delay between points.

I would love if they would have more than 3 maps in the first rotation selection.  I never chose the custom maps because I'd rather not play Infinity, but playing Heaven, Solari and Abandon every time is getting old.

Fix spawns on Abandon, please.

Also the Rain Gun needs to go.  That thing takes no skill to use and spawns with far too many shots; I would rather see Rockets spawn with 2 shots every 3 minutes than the Rail Gun. Also they need to reduce the ammount of spare ammunition in the sniper and add new maps that were designed for 2v2.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Me and a friend have forged a ton of 2v2 maps, they all vary in what game types they run and from play testing the maps a ton I can confirm that extraction plays well and is real competitive

Doubles was the only playlist I enjoyed getting my 50 on. Doubles pro is really enjoyable and has a much wider skill gap because of no radar. I think the first option should always be a no radar gametype.

Abandon needs to be adjusted because camping at beach with snipers is boring. Simply switch rail gun and snipe and the map will play much better.

Simplex should be added.

Dispatch should be removed.

Landfall should be sliced.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is it possible for me to go into Team Doubles and not get the worst teammate possible and then get matched against a Team of decent players? What ever happened to when you go in alone you match other players searching alone?

Is Titan that map that is for the most part a remake of Aerowalk?  Because anything that is close to Aerowalk is an instant yes to being put in MM for me

Is Titan that map that is for the most part a remake of Aerowalk?  Because anything that is close to Aerowalk is an instant yes to being put in MM for me

Yup. It's pretty close to Aerowalk design and LoS wise, but the scaling was upped for Halo 2v2s and a few routes were changed around to stop it from being a campfest.

I've been meaning to release it for quite a while, I just need to write up a release post at this point. Probably will do it later tonight or tomorrow.

• Upvote (+1) 1