Uninterpretable

Why are we doing this?

If we only focussed on bringing back the older fanbase, we'd just be buying time, we'd be in exactly the same situation we're in now, just with a few more people watching it happen.

Trying to attract a wider audience is better in the long run because at the end of the day, the casual community has always had a much bigger population than the competitive, so if we can bring some of them in, they'll bring even more numbers with them, but if we focus only on what we've lost/who has left us, we'll never improve, we'll stay stagnant and slowly decrease.

In my head I made some weird analogy about how it's like in Harry Potter with Pure Bloods versus Half Bloods and stuff.  Trying to maintain only 'Pure Bloods' (People already aware of/into the competitive scene) would eventually kill the entire community as it would bring in no new, fresh players.

I do see where you're coming from, and realistically, all I can say is:

Why+not+both.jpg

It seems like Ghostayame is way too focused on bringing in new casuals to competitive Halo rather than bring back the ones that left.

You can tell because of his reasoning with leaving sprint in.

lolwut?

His reasoning for leaving sprint in is "We don't have an official gametype." Not sure how the inability to test something properly is catering to casuals but... okay.

• Upvote (+1) 5

lolwut?

His reasoning for leaving sprint in is "We don't have an official gametype." Not sure how the inability to test something properly is catering to casuals but... okay.

he was given the opportunity and all he probably has to do is ask for the game type. He said he didnt want it because he wasnt sure the maps accommodated it. and on a side note he said it was also a good to keep so newcomers dont feel alienated. 

he was given the opportunity and all he probably has to do is ask for the game type.

You're misinformed.

Ghost has done everything in his power to give the competitive scene what they wanted.

It's not a matter of him not asking - it's a matter of the developer not fully supporting.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The competitive scene is not increasing, with or without sprint..

My main belief as to why, Someone tell me - have we been given new competitive maps? Any competitive map packs?

Really any support for competitive play aside from a random playlist with altered settings?

Ghost is following the 343 bread trail - cater to casuals in hopes of increasing an an active community.

However, the real problem, aside from maps, lack of dev support, etc etc..  

We were simply given a game that wasnt good.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You can only do so much like having NS or whatever, but that still wont fix a game no one seems to want to play

TTD has like what, 700 players max?  NS might bring a 100 or so at the most but nothing beyond that.  The MM is lacking in support, the maps are not what people enjoy, the BR is random and a bunch of other multitude of issues people dislike.

What we got is a bad game and whatever the community decides to do, it's still going to be a bad game

You can only do so much like having NS or whatever, but that still wont fix a game no one seems to want to play

TTD has like what, 700 players max?  NS might bring a 100 or so at the most but nothing beyond that.  The MM is lacking in support, the maps are not what people enjoy, the BR is random and a bunch of other multitude of issues people dislike.

What we got is a bad game and whatever the community decides to do, it's still going to be a bad game

100 more players in TTD is still better than nothing. I'd take it any day.

I don't see the difference being big, but I think you can see what I'm saying.  Just because we get NS doesn't mean Halo is going to be saved, barely anyone is going to come back and having sprint doesn't really help either.

So as of now we're really in a hopeless situation.  Nothing is going to help the community at a good amount for viewership, tourney attendance, playlist numbers, etc

I don't see the difference being big, but I think you can see what I'm saying.  Just because we get NS doesn't mean Halo is going to be saved, barely anyone is going to come back and having sprint doesn't really help either.

So as of now we're really in a hopeless situation.  Nothing is going to help the community at a good amount for viewership, tourney attendance, playlist numbers, etc

Agreed, but it's a start. Word to mouth will slowly bring people back. It's one of the main reasons why so many left in the first place, obviously it wasn't that sole reason but it was one of the big ones (probably top 5). 

Reach and H4 have a lot in common when it comes to removing certain game mechanics that then make the game play better. We saw what happened with Reach, there's no reason why Sprint shouldn't be removed.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Throwdown usually has around 150, it is extremely rare to ever get near 700 at all

• Upvote (+1) 1

Throwdown usually has around 150, it is extremely rare to ever get near 700 at all

I guess you play off-peak times. Throwdown is usually between 400-550 at normal times.

I guess you play off-peak times. Throwdown is usually between 400-550 at normal times.

I guess then probably, also because you know there's that scroll down to see it  -_-

Ghost is to focused on getting new players into the playlist, when the game is as dead as it is he should only try making it as good as possible for those who still play throwdown, otherwise they will end up leaving it aswell. 

• Upvote (+1) 1